Which Doctrine is Best?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sigmaticalium wrote:

i personally prefer axis in europe map and Pan Asian in 100 players map. Because i usually play with ukraine in the europe where it was surrounded by lower stats communist nation so it's kinda useful in early to mid game with stacked troops.

In 100 player maps however, i always play as manchukuo/north manchukuo but mainly due to it's useful terrain advantage bonus and buffed view range. in the mid-end game, an armored car stacked with Railroad gun units can shot enemies's RRG units without them being able to shoot back. even if they noticed, they will never be able to chase my units back because of it's increased speed. thanks to this, i managed to kill 4, Australian 10 stacked RRG units with just 1 of mine by camping in the mountain in the middle of Borneo.

the disadvantages of Pan Asian in my opinion is that doctrine requires alot of micro managing. because their bonuses and extended viewrange needs to be used strategically as they have lower health points.
      I always do Axis and Pan-Asian in 1939 Historic World War
    • _owo_ wrote:

Personally i like the axis they are strong in early and late game. Second to that Comintern it can exhaust the others if played correctly. Thirdly Pan-Asian they are strong in early-mid game. The Allies are just horrible. But that's my personal opinion.
      That's why I usually play allies. Bit of a challenge.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Axis is honestly crazily overrated. Just do the math. 15% more commie units can make up for less health and damage overall, and higher level Allied can make up for the weaker units. As for pan Asian, they have crazy air and sea, and are very powerful if you use their bonuses correctly, as already stated by others. Overall late game Commie and Allied is the best due to due more or better stuff overall, but pan-Asian is close if used right. Of course it all depends on map and play style but my go to and favorite by far is allied.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • For a new player Axis is usually the best option. Axis tends to be a favourite among new and experienced players alike but for different reasons. As a new player you can build buffed units like motorized infantry and medium tanks that are easy to use; just stack them together and attack whatever is in front of you!

This is not the greatest strategy in the grand scheme of things but for a new player this will definitely get your far and gain you experience.

As you gain more skill and want to fiddle with air power or ranged units I would recommend you try Allies or Comintern, respectively.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Axis is honestly crazily overrated. Just do the math. 15% more commie units can make up for less health and damage overall, and higher level Allied can make up for the weaker units. As for pan Asian, they have crazy air and sea, and are very powerful if you use their bonuses correctly, as already stated by others. Overall late game Commie and Allied is the best due to due more or better stuff overall, but pan-Asian is close if used right. Of course it all depends on map and play style but my go to and favorite by far is allied.
      I agree with you but for different reasons. Axis is overrated by the masses because the average Call of War player invests far too much into melee units, which is why Axis medium tanks are so beloved. They also tend to love bombers and the Axis have a pretty strong air force even if attack bombers are the only buffed unit from the air branch.

I think Axis can be deadly in the right hands, especially when using railroad guns. But the average Axis player is usually a cement-head that likes bull rushing with heavy armour and bombers. That being said, the average player in general is not that great and there are stereotypes of each doctrine: Allies investing too heavily in the air force then not protecting it enough then losing the game when their bombers get shot down, Comintern players spamming nothing but low level units that are useless in battle, and Pan-Asian players over-investing in the navy and their terrible attack + tactical bombers while their actual land army is abysmal.
    • Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Axis is honestly crazily overrated. Just do the math. 15% more commie units can make up for less health and damage overall, and higher level Allied can make up for the weaker units. As for pan Asian, they have crazy air and sea, and are very powerful if you use their bonuses correctly, as already stated by others. Overall late game Commie and Allied is the best due to due more or better stuff overall, but pan-Asian is close if used right. Of course it all depends on map and play style but my go to and favorite by far is allied.
      I agree with you but for different reasons. Axis is overrated by the masses because the average Call of War player invests far too much into melee units, which is why Axis medium tanks are so beloved. They also tend to love bombers and the Axis have a pretty strong air force even if attack bombers are the only buffed unit from the air branch.
      I think Axis can be deadly in the right hands, especially when using railroad guns. But the average Axis player is usually a cement-head that likes bull rushing with heavy armour and bombers. That being said, the average player in general is not that great and there are stereotypes of each doctrine: Allies investing too heavily in the air force then not protecting it enough then losing the game when their bombers get shot down, Comintern players spamming nothing but low level units that are useless in battle, and Pan-Asian players over-investing in the navy and their terrible attack + tactical bombers while their actual land army is abysmal.

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

This is very true. Most people, even sort of me, don’t really know how to make a good RRG stack, which makes Axis with the longest ranged non-air unit a whole lot weaker. There’s also that fact they don’t utilize the powerful Air Force axis countries can get. As Germany in HWW I remember being attack by like 5 different countries, but crushing them with the Air Force. Axis has some strengths, it’s just long term they can fall behind.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I agree with you but for different reasons. Axis is overrated by the masses because the average Call of War player invests far too much into melee units, which is why Axis medium tanks are so beloved. They also tend to love bombers and the Axis have a pretty strong air force even if attack bombers are the only buffed unit from the air branch.I think Axis can be deadly in the right hands, especially when using railroad guns. But the average Axis player is usually a cement-head that likes bull rushing with heavy armour and bombers. That being said, the average player in general is not that great and there are stereotypes of each doctrine: Allies investing too heavily in the air force then not protecting it enough then losing the game when their bombers get shot down, Comintern players spamming nothing but low level units that are useless in battle, and Pan-Asian players over-investing in the navy and their terrible attack + tactical bombers while their actual land army is abysmal.

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I agree with you but for different reasons. Axis is overrated by the masses because the average Call of War player invests far too much into melee units, which is why Axis medium tanks are so beloved. They also tend to love bombers and the Axis have a pretty strong air force even if attack bombers are the only buffed unit from the air branch.I think Axis can be deadly in the right hands, especially when using railroad guns. But the average Axis player is usually a cement-head that likes bull rushing with heavy armour and bombers. That being said, the average player in general is not that great and there are stereotypes of each doctrine: Allies investing too heavily in the air force then not protecting it enough then losing the game when their bombers get shot down, Comintern players spamming nothing but low level units that are useless in battle, and Pan-Asian players over-investing in the navy and their terrible attack + tactical bombers while their actual land army is abysmal.
      This is very true. Most people, even sort of me, don’t really know how to make a good RRG stack, which makes Axis with the longest ranged non-air unit a whole lot weaker. There’s also that fact they don’t utilize the powerful Air Force axis countries can get. As Germany in HWW I remember being attack by like 5 different countries, but crushing them with the Air Force. Axis has some strengths, it’s just long term they can fall behind.
      In my humble opinion if the Axis didn't have buffed railroad guns and if the current meta of elite players did not revolve around railroad guns, top players would not use the Axis doctrine nearly as much.

Ranged units rule the battlefield but the Axis get outmatched badly by the Comintern and don't have much of a better chance against the other doctrines. Pan-Asia and the Allies both have a buffed ranged unit and other doctrine buffs that make it tougher for the Axis to compete with them, which is worsened by delayed Axis artillery availability.

Now that railroad guns have sort of become the meta for high-end competition it negates the advantages of the other ranged weapons and actually gives the Axis a huge edge with their buffed RRGs.
    • Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

In my humble opinion if the Axis didn't have buffed railroad guns and if the current meta of elite players did not revolve around railroad guns, top players would not use the Axis doctrine nearly as much.
      Ranged units rule the battlefield but the Axis get outmatched badly by the Comintern and don't have much of a better chance against the other doctrines. Pan-Asia and the Allies both have a buffed ranged unit and other doctrine buffs that make it tougher for the Axis to compete with them, which is worsened by delayed Axis artillery availability.

Now that railroad guns have sort of become the meta for high-end competition it negates the advantages of the other ranged weapons and actually gives the Axis a huge edge with their buffed RRGs.
      What is with RRGs? I never saw how there was not a counter. It always seemed getting the stack into melee and using other ranged and planes etc… was the best idea. You know, overwhelming it. Else-wise I am not sure.

• Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

TLDR
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

TLDR
    • Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

TLDR
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

In my humble opinion if the Axis didn't have buffed railroad guns and if the current meta of elite players did not revolve around railroad guns, top players would not use the Axis doctrine nearly as much.Ranged units rule the battlefield but the Axis get outmatched badly by the Comintern and don't have much of a better chance against the other doctrines. Pan-Asia and the Allies both have a buffed ranged unit and other doctrine buffs that make it tougher for the Axis to compete with them, which is worsened by delayed Axis artillery availability.

What is with RRGs? I never saw how there was not a counter. It always seemed getting the stack into melee and using other ranged and planes etc… was the best idea. You know, overwhelming it. Else-wise I am not sure.
      TLDR
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Bad players being bad at using RRGs is not an indictment of the RRG strategy as a whole. In the hands of a good, active player it's nearly unbeatable.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Just echoing what the others said. If you're a player using RRGs then the most obvious counters other players will attempt are rushing the RRGs and trying to force a melee or using air power. With that in mind all you need to do is be active enough to shoo 'n scoot while having units in front to pin down any attackers while your RRGs fire away. You should always have 10 anti-air in any RRG stack and interceptors should always be close by.
    • Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

agreed 100%
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317: