Which Doctrine is Best?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Klusey wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

What is with RRGs? I never saw how there was not a counter. It always seemed getting the stack into melee and using other ranged and planes etc… was the best idea. You know, overwhelming it. Else-wise I am not sure.
      Just echoing what the others said. If you're a player using RRGs then the most obvious counters other players will attempt are rushing the RRGs and trying to force a melee or using air power. With that in mind all you need to do is be active enough to shoo 'n scoot while having units in front to pin down any attackers while your RRGs fire away. You should always have 10 anti-air in any RRG stack and interceptors should always be close by.
      I guess the only sure fire counter is surviving to late game and blowing them up with nuclear rockets lol. But that’s what’s and expensive. If you have enough and can pull it off though…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Personally I'd never recommend nuclear rockets. If you look at the research requirements and add up the rare materials, think about how many railroad guns of your own those rare materials could build you.

Not to mention it disables a research slot (half your research slots) for somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks.
    • Klusey wrote:

Personally I'd never recommend nuclear rockets. If you look at the research requirements and add up the rare materials, think about how many railroad guns of your own those rare materials could build you.

Not to mention it disables a research slot (half your research slots) for somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks.
      Yeah, NRs are such a waste. Never built one, and never plan to.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Hey I’ve never gotten them myself but if you can manage it you literally can delete any stack you want.
      What??
      One nuclear rocket to the face and their stacks go to waste.

It can’t be shot down, it goes at the speed of light, and does an insane amount of damage. Only the largest death stacks can resist, and at that point they are the only way to safely damage a death stack other than ranged or your own death stack.

While all this may not justify the cost I’m not sure. I’ve never seen anyone make nuclear rockets in a non-Doomsday map, so it’s untested but a possibility.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Hey I’ve never gotten them myself but if you can manage it you literally can delete any stack you want.
      What??
      One nuclear rocket to the face and their stacks go to waste.
      It can’t be shot down, it goes at the speed of light, and does an insane amount of damage. Only the largest death stacks can resist, and at that point they are the only way to safely damage a death stack other than ranged or your own death stack.

While all this may not justify the cost I’m not sure. I’ve never seen anyone make nuclear rockets in a non-Doomsday map, so it’s untested but a possibility.
      I’ve seen them used in Operation Supremacy games (that usually last well beyond 40 days). They’re good, but it’s tough to be managing all those armies at once.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

What??
      One nuclear rocket to the face and their stacks go to waste.It can’t be shot down, it goes at the speed of light, and does an insane amount of damage. Only the largest death stacks can resist, and at that point they are the only way to safely damage a death stack other than ranged or your own death stack.

I’ve seen them used in Operation Supremacy games (that usually last well beyond 40 days). They’re good, but it’s tough to be managing all those armies at once.
      Interesting. The only time I got close out of Doomsday was in a HWW that would not end so I messed around, finished research but never built them. But yeah the point was the question of if RRG stacks can be countered with them. I’d say it depends on the stack, huge ones would probably be worth it, but single ten stacks may be so small that it would no longer let it be cost effective to make them. Overall most likely not, but still you can delete all most any stack with nuclear rockets. Fun.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

What??
      One nuclear rocket to the face and their stacks go to waste.It can’t be shot down, it goes at the speed of light, and does an insane amount of damage. Only the largest death stacks can resist, and at that point they are the only way to safely damage a death stack other than ranged or your own death stack.
      Interesting. The only time I got close out of Doomsday was in a HWW that would not end so I messed around, finished research but never built them. But yeah the point was the question of if RRG stacks can be countered with them. I’d say it depends on the stack, huge ones would probably be worth it, but single ten stacks may be so small that it would no longer let it be cost effective to make them. Overall most likely not, but still you can delete all most any stack with nuclear rockets. Fun.
      The thing I like about long rounds is that it’s unpredictable. Everyone has a large economy and lots of units, and you usually don’t know what you opponents are up to. There’s huge battles, doom stacks colliding, interceptor dogfights and nuclear bombers.

The bad thing about it is your stats usually suffer.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

What??
      One nuclear rocket to the face and their stacks go to waste.It can’t be shot down, it goes at the speed of light, and does an insane amount of damage. Only the largest death stacks can resist, and at that point they are the only way to safely damage a death stack other than ranged or your own death stack.While all this may not justify the cost I’m not sure. I’ve never seen anyone make nuclear rockets in a non-Doomsday map, so it’s untested but a possibility.
      The thing I like about long rounds is that it’s unpredictable. Everyone has a large economy and lots of units, and you usually don’t know what you opponents are up to. There’s huge battles, doom stacks colliding, interceptor dogfights and nuclear bombers.
      Plus I feel like a tired old dictator trying to finally finish and conquer the damn world already… I WILL SPLILL BLOOD! GIVE ME MY RIGHTFUL PLANET!

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Interesting. The only time I got close out of Doomsday was in a HWW that would not end so I messed around, finished research but never built them. Overall most likely not, but still you can delete all most any stack with nuclear rockets. Fun.
      I remember completely carpet nuking Nationalist China out of Formosa in Australia for the lolz, while launching a major ground offensive. My 2nd coalition victory.

Brando Dilla wrote:

Especially in HWW.
      Just like every country at the end of WWII. Look up Operation Unthinkable, Churchill's plan for Britain and the USA to fight the USSR out of Central Europe in 1946.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().