Which Doctrine is Best?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• for stealth go pan Asian for more power I think it is Axis and the allies have decreased unit cost I want to say and idk about the other one so it is all based on your skill and how you play
      Hina, you wanted to know what my purpose was... so listen up... Jail, I'll tell you who I am... I am... Plunderer. To steal away everything in this country, that is my purpose.
    • axis doctrine is for aggressive players,losing a unit will cost you
      allies doctrine is turtling til mid game where your research speed advantage takes effect. Also, you get reduced production time which makes producing easier
      commintern is the spamming doctrine, nothing more to say good for small maps as you can spam units out early
      Pan Asia is the “pro players” doctrine where understanding the game mechanics and regular activity is crucial to using this doctrine successfully
    • ilikegreen21 wrote:

I'm a beginner player and I want to know which doctrine is best. Thank you
      I will vote Pan-Asian and take this as "which doctrine suits you the most".

It Depends...

Asking for best units, doctrines or strategies is just nonsense. It's a thing new players have to learn. This is a strategy game. What that means, is that it requires relatively good strategic thinking (planning, responding to changes, choosing units, doctrines, other strategic elements...) If there was a "best" unit or doctrine, the game would make no sense as it'd just be about picking that doctrine and spamming that unit. Thankfully it does make sense, as there are many strategic features that make certain units or strategies more profitable in certain situations, which makes most units or doctrines useful. Doctrines provide unique bonuses to certain units (like +15% damage vs. ships and submarines for Pan Asian naval bombers), which often have a very specific strategic role. You can't always make use of those bonuses effectively, so you have to choose a doctrine wisely.
      The criteria would be something like:
      - How well you can make use of the doctrine (its bonuses) using your playstyle.
      - How likely the playstyle you're using with that doctrine is to surprise or gain advantage over your enemies (think of the most common strategies used on that map, in that community etc).
      - How well the doctrine does in the specific situation (for example, the geography of the country you pick can affect the capabilities of its doctrine; if you check neighbouring players' stats before picking the country, you may also predict what problems you'll have to deal with, and how useful the doctrine will be for it).

Many, including me, voted Pan-Asian. Players with a lot of time to waste can develop good strategic thinking, which can help them make use of their high activity, and Pan-Asian is far the best suited for very active players. Those active players are also more likely to participate in forum or chat.
      I am not denying that Pan is good and if something is the best doctrine, Pan is. But, there are many influences you can see above, that change the usefulness of doctrines drastically. The difference between Pan and other doctrines isn't nearly as significant as the differences those criteria can make.
      So, just picking Pan every time is NOT the way automatically. You can do it and you can be successful with it, but you succeed by specializing in using that doctrine. If you focused on and specialized in playing Allies instead, your results would be comparable.
      We haven't even mentioned skill levels. Those criteria are for the high skill level, and it can vary a lot at lower skill levels. Each tends to play the game differently, and get in different situations. In Clash of Nations, for example, the main is to survive till day 5-6 and almost everyone goes inactive, and then you fight bots. This can favour certain playstyles or "strategies" and make different doctrines useful - Comintern is a low-level's favourite, as it is pretty cost-effective in straight-up fights and few people are skilled enough to make use of mobility to find good engagements (outnumber your enemy), which counters Comintern well.

Conclusion: Learn the different strategies and mechanics of the game. If you do very well, you can judge and see all pros and cons of using a unit, strategy or doctrine anywhere. You could just ask for the best doctrine and use it, and if you play it properly and long enough, you will learn it and probably do well. But, you won't have the key ability to judge the situation and respond the correct way. If you could pick the doctrine, strategy and unit best suited for what you want to do, you'd do far better.
      Specializing can make you very good at a certain strategy, but learning the mechanics instead, allows you to use every strategy very well and judge where which one is useful. A well-executed strategy is good, but one that you chose wisely for the situation on top of that, is even better.

Let's invite pro's to this. :D
      @Ivan Bukovec
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hornetkeeper: Little correction ().

• Depends on your play style. Pan-asian is for people who will be active in game often, you will have to carefully plan and micromanage to play it well. Allied doctrine is a good doctrine for beginners. The advanced research and the quick troop production will give you an advantage over others. You will be able to have a larger army than others in game. However, you have slow units. Comintern is good for those who want a good economy. However, the troops are weak. Axis is good for those who want to be aggressive and expansionist in early game.
    • Lol these polls get different results every time. Ultimately doctrines are personal preference. Just remember that when it comes to the big bonus, no doctrine will outclass the other doctrines with what they do. For example, Comintern heavy tanks are good, but don't even beat axis heavy tanks in stats. In fact only one unit beats the axis in damage vs. all and that's the Pan-Asian flying bomb, which misses the health bonus of axis. Comintern militia has environmental bonuses that can beat Pan-Asian, but can't really be used offensively, at all, so Pan-Asian still wins there. Comintern infantry has production speed, but it can't beat the allies' production speed. I for some reason only know Comintern examples but you get what I mean.
    • Onandonandomnom wrote:

For example, Comintern heavy tanks are good, but don't even beat axis heavy tanks in stats. In fact only one unit beats the axis in damage vs. all and that's the Pan-Asian flying bomb, which misses the health bonus of axis.
      Yes, but Comintern beat every other doctrine in a straight-up fight (=both attacking and defending, army size based on production costs, both in single armies or a duplicate structure - eg. artillery firing from behind on both sides). What makes Comintern less useful is high skill and activity, where players outrun their enemy with fast units to gain a numbers advantage, flank around to destroy economy or strategic positions, use planes, etc. For those advanced strategies, the bonuses of other doctrines are generally more favourable.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Pan asia is strong in the PvP. Air is crucisl there and pan asia has the best. Comitern is good in AvA games. Allays are late bloomers and can do a lot in mid to late game. Axis can be incredibly strong, but it take a lot of skill to play right, eco is important there. But if you play the strenghts of the doctrine you can beat any other doctrine.
    • i personally prefer axis in europe map and Pan Asian in 100 players map. Because i usually play with ukraine in the europe where it was surrounded by lower stats communist nation so it's kinda useful in early to mid game with stacked troops.

In 100 player maps however, i always play as manchukuo/north manchukuo but mainly due to it's useful terrain advantage bonus and buffed view range. in the mid-end game, an armored car stacked with Railroad gun units can shot enemies's RRG units without them being able to shoot back. even if they noticed, they will never be able to chase my units back because of it's increased speed. thanks to this, i managed to kill 4, Australian 10 stacked RRG units with just 1 of mine by camping in the mountain in the middle of Borneo.

the disadvantages of Pan Asian in my opinion is that doctrine requires alot of micro managing. because their bonuses and extended viewrange needs to be used strategically as they have lower health points.