Game Admin Info Needed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Admin Info Needed

Today I just discovered that I am game admin.

There are no open slots and all but 4 players are inactive on a 100 player map.

I understand that after 2 days, a player is marked inactive. But I would like to know how long that player has been inactive.

I am hesitant to kick a player for being inactive after a couple of days because real world gets in the way. But anyone who is gone for say 5 days, should be kicked to allow active players to join.
    • So this happened,

The game admin in a current game is experienced and happened to be in an opposing alliance. My ally was slightly inactive, for maybe 1 or 2 days? He was kicked out, and (it appears from circumstantial evidence), that another player in the game signed into the large position of the kicked player, the new player (statistically his first game joined), proceeded to destroy my game and throw a somewhat balanced game into a "nothing but the crying left" game. This "new" account player played with an obvious level of many games under his belt.

So, obviously some serious conflicts of interest here, possibly some cheating that is likely, but hard to prove. But either way the system of game admins player kicking, or players effectively operating two countries at one time, needs some review if I'm going to invest any more effort in the game. I think there may need to be a safeguard to prevent Large key alliance members from being removed at the minimum inactivity point. The theory of keeping this going is well intentioned, but entire games can be quickly destroyed... so it may need to be rethought

Thanks
    • So it is now becoming abundantly clear, that a player with an existing country in this particular game, started a new account and took over one of the larger country positions in this game.

I'm sure this is a violation of the conduct code. Who do I speak with to rectify this? Or do we not care, and pretty much everything is all fair?
    • Evildan wrote:

So it is now becoming abundantly clear, that a player with an existing country in this particular game, started a new account and took over one of the larger country positions in this game.

I'm sure this is a violation of the conduct code. Who do I speak with to rectify this? Or do we not care, and pretty much everything is all fair?
      File a report against the player by opening diplomacy and clicking the "i" beside his or her name, then following the "report player" option.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • Report filed, 2 times. I don't think anything actually happens when reports are filed?

And so I don't expect anything to actually to happen. Possibly they expect the player community to police itself?

Mid game player replacement, although on the surface sounds like a good idea, but in many cases is a VERY BAD idea. Surprising when a game as thoughtfully designed as this, is as thoughtless on the subject of game admins and player replacements.
    • masayokato wrote:

Does the inactive player replacement function still work, or is it now obsolete/
      It does work in some games, primarily in games that were created by players, but not in others. If you are the game admin simply click on your flag in the upper corner and see if you have the button to remove all inactive players.

If it is after day 7 it is not possible for new players to join the game anyway.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<