Winning through peace

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Winning through peace

So I started a new account for some test purpose. I did not want to play the tutorial scenario in itself and because that would be seal-clubbing (though I saw people with 50+ games in there) I did not want to abandon early on because that's just not fun for everyone, so I picked Imperial Russia (which is in a corner) and just built up.
      I also did not want to have ANY kill ratio for the "real" test I want to do later (still a secret of sort)

Then I thought "what if I tried to win without attacking anyone, through diplomacy".

Well :

The one province taken is the one from the tutorial.

Not much of an achievement as the game was only newbies and seal-clubbers, but still amusing I thought.

By the way @freezy there is a minor bug where units given to you as part of the tutorial do not belong to your faction, so they don't "stack up" with the other units and have different stats. It may be slightly confusing for a newcomer. No big deal of course.
    • MadMike69 wrote:

Chimere wrote:

So I started a new account for some test purpose.
      This is the line that I an concerned about. Hope you deleted all other accounts first?
      I did not, but I don't plan to ever have 2 games at the same time on both accounts.
      Actually, I only plan one more game with the "test account" (and I have currently no game active with my main account).
    • Yeah, I think that having more than one account isn’t allowed. From the rules: 4.3 Each Participant may register for and use one Account only. Registering for and using multiple accounts is strictly prohibited (so-called “multi-accounts”). Breach of this clause may lead to the immediate exclusion of the Participant from the game.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • BrutusTrump wrote:

Yeah, I think that having more than one account isn’t allowed. From the rules: 4.3 Each Participant may register for and use one Account only. Registering for and using multiple accounts is strictly prohibited (so-called “multi-accounts”). Breach of this clause may lead to the immediate exclusion of the Participant from the game.
      I missed that, you are right indeed.
      Then I will cash-in the goodwill I hope I have generated with my AAR to request an exception for a project I plan that should garner some interest here and elsewhere. The account will be used for exactly one other game.
      I am not too specific because I don't want to overpromise, and I am not sure when and if I actually proceed (I need some large slot of time I am 100% sure I can leverage). Plus I want to keep the surprise.
      If I don't do the project, the new account will be 100% dormant, forever.
    • truly aninteresting scenario, i'd like to see what those lvl 100 players that farm clash rounds have to say.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Chimere wrote:

By the way @freezy there is a minor bug where units given to you as part of the tutorial do not belong to your faction, so they don't "stack up" with the other units and have different stats.
      The two infantry which you're provided to conquer the province have a special setting, making them upgradeable one level ahead of the current highest researched level. This makes them separate, which is also a tool to tell when you capture a different doctrine's production. It has no impact on the functionality of the unit, it's just displayed separately.

Not sure about the different stats though. It should have the same stats as other units, just upgradeable ahead. If that's not the case, I'm wrong on this.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Hornetkeeper wrote:

Chimere wrote:

By the way @freezy there is a minor bug where units given to you as part of the tutorial do not belong to your faction, so they don't "stack up" with the other units and have different stats.
      The two infantry which you're provided to conquer the province have a special setting, making them upgradeable one level ahead of the current highest researched level. This makes them separate, which is also a tool to tell when you capture a different doctrine's production. It has no impact on the functionality of the unit, it's just displayed separately.
      Not sure about the different stats though. It should have the same stats as other units, just upgradeable ahead. If that's not the case, I'm wrong on this.
      i'm confused
      "So as long as there are men, there will always be wars"- Albert Einstein

"Football is a game of deceit"- Diego Maradona. Call of war is to.
    • MiloK32 wrote:

i'm confused
      The game gives you two infantry and a medium tank in your first game, to capture a province from "the enemy".
      The two infantry are special, as they're upgradeable one level ahead - you only need to have infantry lv1 researched to upgrade those two to lv2, only need lv2 researched to upgrade to lv3, and so on.
      So, even if your currently researched level is the same as the level of the infantry, you can upgrade them one more level.

If you capture units from a different doctrine, upgrading them changes their parameters to your doctrine's standards. Because of this, even if the units you captured are the same level as your currently researched level, they will be upgradeable, and the upgrade won't change their level, just the doctrine parameters.

To make it easier to orientate, the upgradeable units are separated. This, though, also affects the two starting infantry, whose doctrine isn't different, but they're upgradeable one level ahead, so it has a similar effect (a lv1 unit being upgradeable even if the currently researched level is lv1).
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper