Ranked period: Say what?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ranked period: Say what?

Can anyone explain exactly how this message is supposed to be understood? I think it is as clear as a fart on a foggy day when exactly what ends...

This game has reached day 18 because everyone else dropped out and because there is no option to end it (it is the Endgame event map). Now this showed up:

So WTH is it? Does the ranking count end after 7 days, 14, 18+14 or 120???

Ranked period ends in 7 days

The ranking period for games ends after 120 days.
      If you are the only active player a game only counts towards your global ranking for 14 more days.
      You can still earn victory medals and reward pay-outs if the round ends after the ranked period.
    • ranked games are those where building buildings and killing active players' units earns your points, and the buildings and units are both count to the statistics on your profile.
      What it is supposed to mean:
      IF there are more players active for the whole time, then the game will stop being ranked on day 120.
      If there is only one player active, the game counts 14 days and then stops being ranked.
      The ranked period ends in 7 days, probably because the 14-day countdown has reached 7 (it must've been inactive for 7 days already).
      However, if the game stops being ranked this way (the "ranked period" - the time during which the kills and buildings were added to your profile stats - ends), and you win, you still receive normal rewards (the win is added to your profile, you get gold). While games that are marked "unranked" by default don't even give any rewards or wins on your profile.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Right, thanx.
      I think this newspaper message has to be rephrased then. It is a bunch of gibberish as it is at the moment, and it assumes knowledge of all the game mechanisms that you just lined up.

At a different matter, something should be done to the event map Endgame. It's absolutely hopelesly boring to have to complete it alone. The AI allies do nothing - they don't even DoW. So basically as the last remaining player, you have to fight 2 alliances of 3 player alone to win. Doable for sure, but very tedious.
    • Just gonna bump this--the message still says 120 days and could still be rewritten for clarity.

If I understand that post above correctly, it means that for the past 7 days I've been the only active player (sounds about right) and that I can only earn experience points for another 7 days.

Does that also apply to achievement progress (e.g. Produce X regular rockets)--will that progress count after the ranked period ends? If no one knows I may test it in this game.
      Images
      • sketch-1673112654976.jpg

109.94 kB, 2,098×1,080, viewed 5 times