Airfield Damage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airfield Damage

Why do airfields receive damage at Day Change for no reason? Many times my airfields - even with good morale - receive damage. And if there is a revolt - it sooo many times my key airfield with a large stack of planes. Why is this ? :wallbash
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • The revolt chances are always there at under 35% morale. Stationing armies in the province does not reduce the revolt chance, it only reduces or eliminates the chance of the revolt being successful (in shifting the province to another nation). An unsuccessful revolt can still damage the buildings, morale or stationed units. Note that at 31-35% revolts cannot be successful.
      Revolts, the non-core province penalty, morale etc. are essential in keeping the game balanced and making expansion an investment with a more delayed payoff. Had those features not been there, the first player to expand the most would always have the largest chance to win and the game would lose a lot of its options and strategies.

If it happens at daychange above 35% morale, someone is putting military sabotage spies on your provinces. You can to some extent counter it by putting your own counter-espionage spies there.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Hornetkeeper wrote:

An unsuccessful revolt can still damage the buildings, morale or stationed units. Note that at 31-35% revolts cannot be successful.
      So with no units stationed there and under 35% the province might have an unsuccessful Revolt - I keep the province - but they damaged the airfield. This Correct?
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • dw98 wrote:

Hornetkeeper wrote:

An unsuccessful revolt can still damage the buildings, morale or stationed units. Note that at 31-35% revolts cannot be successful.
      So with no units stationed there and under 35% the province might have an unsuccessful Revolt - I keep the province - but they damaged the airfield. This Correct?
      Yeah, but there's a very good chance that it's the Military Sabotage spy instead if it happens very often
    • dw98 wrote:

Hornetkeeper wrote:

Not to my knowledge, stationed troops suppress the uprising chance in general. So if that chance is 0% there is also no damage done to buildings. Ownership change or damage to troops/buildings/morale is the result after an uprising occurs, and stationed troops prevent the uprising to occur if strong enough.

Also ownership changes can't happen everywhere, usually provinces without provinces of other owners nearby (meaning several province jumps away) will just receive damage during a successful uprising even when no troops are present. Also stationed troops can receive damage if an uprising occurs.

More info in the Wiki:
      wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/MORALE_%26_UPRISINGS

As was mentioned before sabotage spies or sabotage gold actions can be a reason for this to happen.
    • freezy wrote:

Ownership change or damage to troops/buildings/morale is the result after an uprising occurs, and stationed troops prevent the uprising to occur if strong enough.
      But this 'revolt' would be listed in the WH? Because Ive had damage to airfields with nothing about a revolt.

• That is a pain in the @#$ because you go to send your aircraft to a field only to find it damaged from the day change. It always seems like I can have a dozen new territory with the same morale and the only one that revolts is the one with my airfield with a stack of aircraft on it. :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash

• freezy wrote:

Not to my knowledge, stationed troops suppress the uprising chance in general. So if that chance is 0% there is also no damage done to buildings.
      That's the successful revolt chance, but "failed" revolts, even at 0% chance (with a large army suppressing, so not a rounding issue), damage my units sometimes. Not sure if they damage the buildings when I look back, tbh.
      Also, @Tribunate said some time ago, that 35% morale provinces are annoying as they can fall back to <31% and have a successful revolt chance next day. This was in relation to the alleged revolt mechanic change, which was to give propaganda offices some value against revolts. Not sure if the 31%-35% revolts Tribunate talked about (if I remember it right) could damage the buildings exactly.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • Hornetkeeper wrote:

freezy wrote:

Not to my knowledge, stationed troops suppress the uprising chance in general. So if that chance is 0% there is also no damage done to buildings.
      That's the successful revolt chance, but "failed" revolts, even at 0% chance (with a large army suppressing, so not a rounding issue), damage my units sometimes. Not sure if they damage the buildings when I look back, tbh.Also, @Tribunate said some time ago, that 35% morale provinces are annoying as they can fall back to <31% and have a successful revolt chance next day. This was in relation to the alleged revolt mechanic change, which was to give propaganda offices some value against revolts. Not sure if the 31%-35% revolts Tribunate talked about (if I remember it right) could damage the buildings exactly.
      Failed revolts indeed damage units, but for that a revolt has to occur (even if it fails afterwards). If the revolt chance is 0.0% (it might not in rare situation cos the interface rounds this value) no revolt should occur at all (also no failed one). That's the knowledge I have on the topic and I also never experienced this myself, troops in freshly conquered provinces with 0% revolt chance were never harmed in my games. So if there is still damage done in such cases we could even consider it as a bug.