Tanks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

1. Armored Cars : They are a defensive unit which are good at defending against unarmed class . In stacks they can be decent against light armor but they aren't suited to be a Frontline troop unless you are pan Asian. Can be used for defending key positions and lead a quick offense into enemy lines disrupting production facilities and industry.
      2. Light Tanks : They are one of the first offensive units you get they are great only for attacking clubbing them up with armored cars is a great strategy tanks are deadly and armored cars are fast and club them up with infantry to protect it against anti tank , (I discovered this recently while trying to figure out how to win against anti tank). Can be your main tank initially but late game you'll need more firepower.
      3. Medium Tanks : This is my favorite, Decent speed great firepower but it cannot be relied on entirely , it can suffer damages against tank destroyers and anti tank so club it with light tanks and infantry as well . (Same I figured it out recently ). It is expensive and I've seen players replace a ton of infantry with mediums but they are too slow for a quick ambush into enemy territory like mechs . They are very very expensive . Economy is the key for a tank army .
      4. Heavy tanks : They are slow but great attacking and defending . But trash against a plane strike so club them with sp anti air said its air defence , so artillery to shield against arty , infantry same b/c anti tank troops . It is really slow but I keep some in my core so they can protect it and potentially move in enemy territory. If you think it isn't that useful comintern heavy tank at some level has 80 hp. They are expensive like mediums but I think leveled up mediums would do the trick , upto you what you do .
      5. Tank destroyers : self explanatory, they can defend great against tanks . But cannot attack or defend infantry and planes or anything else . DONT USE IT TO ATTACK . It is an alternative to anti tank but a better and more expensive one . Faster than Anti Tank so can accompany your Frontline troop without slowing it down too much.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KamsanYoun ().

• KamsanYoun wrote:

Light Tanks : They are one of the first offensive units you get they are great only for attacking clubbing them up with armored cars is a great strategy tanks are deadly and armored cars are fast and club them up with infantry to protect it against anti tank , (I discovered this recently while trying to figure out how to win against anti tank). Can be your main tank initially but late game you'll need more firepower.
      This is exactly the reason why most players who mix LT and infantry always lose. They think that blitzkrieg is good but it isnt.

Simply said an LT is a fast and offensive unit that gets a bonus on plains. Where as infantry is a slow defensive unit that is vunerable on the plains and strong in cities and forests. These two units are each others opposite and stacking them together is just dissaster waiting to happen.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

KamsanYoun wrote:

Light Tanks : They are one of the first offensive units you get they are great only for attacking clubbing them up with armored cars is a great strategy tanks are deadly and armored cars are fast and club them up with infantry to protect it against anti tank , (I discovered this recently while trying to figure out how to win against anti tank). Can be your main tank initially but late game you'll need more firepower.
      This is exactly the reason why most players who mix LT and infantry always lose. They think that blitzkrieg is good but it isnt.
      Simply said an LT is a fast and offensive unit that gets a bonus on plains. Where as infantry is a slow defensive unit that is vunerable on the plains and strong in cities and forests. These two units are each others opposite and stacking them together is just dissaster waiting to happen.
      how to counter anti tank then? for most early game experiences i never fought against anti tank within the first 3 days
    • You don't have to use your tanks as Frontline units. using them as exploitation units is actually much better.you would be surprised on how many players that don't defend their cities and their cores.

Sigmaticalium wrote:

how to counter anti tank then? for most early game experiences i never fought against anti tank within the first 3 days
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • AMG Morgan wrote:

You don't have to use your tanks as Frontline units. using them as exploitation units is actually much better.you would be surprised on how many players that don't defend their cities and their cores.

Sigmaticalium wrote:

ah yes, guerilla exploitation units. my favorite
    • Sigmaticalium wrote:

anti tank is an unarmored unit so rocket artillery and tactical bomber. As in the early game all players have only unarmored units, rocket artillery is way more effective than LT and they don't take any damage. They also do well against light armoured units. Rocket artillery is OP in the early game.
      BMfox

• AMG Morgan wrote:

True rocket artillery is a force to be reckoned with. but i think a case could made for having armoured cars in your stack not light tanks.to make them a bit more resistant to early rocket artillery
      Both AC and LT are light armored units so they won't become more resistant against Rocket Artillery. RA are pretty decent against light armored units. I have however always an AC in my artillery stack as a scout so that I can see stealth units and see my target faster thanks to their large line of sight.
      BMfox

• AMG Morgan wrote:

God damn son that makes rocket artillery very op. If amoured cars won't do anything I am guessing tactical bombers are the only possible way to quickly take them out
      God damn son that makes rocket artillery very op. If amoured cars won't do anything I am guessing tactical bombers are the only possible way to quickly take them out
      It's not really that difficult, you can counter battery them with more artillery, have stealth units or very fast units to rush the artillery if they are focused on a different target, or you can use planes.
      I should probably change what I write in here. -No one ever
    • the only point that you made that actually works is using more artillery. Stealth units are unlikely to work since a good player always use ether Amoured cars or Interceptors. And plus we are talking about early game early game there are not that good stealth units. using fast units is unlikely to work because a good player will always have meat shields for his artillery.
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • Indeed, a player that is smart enough to use rocket artillery will most probably also protect them with AA and interceptors. A rocket artillery spam with AA, interceptors and a switch to tactical bombers is a winning strategy. Once more heavy armored units enter the game you just need to add attack bombers and SP artillery.
      BMfox

• Well...if that's what you think.
      I wouldnt go on an offensive w/o AC
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • dw98 wrote:

Well...if that's what you think.
      I wouldnt go on an offensive w/o AC

BrutusTrump wrote:

Motorized Infantry are like armored cars on the offensive.

Indeed, AC stacked together with infantry is a perfect match where they have a terrain bonus in almost all terrains and they are both defensive. You can still invade another country and you just let them counter attack you.

If you want to play very aggressive the LT and mot infantry is the ultimate blitz strategy, they are both fast and have excellent stats vs unarmoured units.

Mixing these both excellent strategy by stacking LT (fast and offensive) together with infantry (slow and defensive) is a disaster waiting to happen. On them own those units are very good but stacked together they will lose all their strengths and enhance their weaknesses. Tanks will slow down, infantry units will be in attack. This tactic only works the first few days of the game. You put them together in stacks, send them on long marches and you don't even need to come online. They will get damaged heavily in the end of course and your economy won't be able to keep up production just to replace your units. At this point a neighbour who has been smart enough to produce artillery and air force will take you over easily.

There is one flaw in this strategy and it's rocket artillery and tactical bombers. Having some interceptors yourself and avoiding or targeting artillery stacks is a must.
      BMfox