USA 1939 Historical game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• USA is the easiest to play, you’ll you border three countries unlike Germany and the Soviet Union and you can destroy the two countries that border you very easily.

Ally with the USSR and some other power, and attack Canada and Mexico then go into Central America and into South America, you should bit medium tanks, SP artillery, motorized and mechanized infantry, make sure to build industry and expand your economy even more, build infanstrcture around your nation. and make sure to expand your airforce, and your navy is also important, make sure to build up your navy aswell.

I have no idea why you would ally with Canada or Mexico when u could easily attack them but if you are that type of player that does nothing and turtles around then you do you.

You can also research a nuke that’s kinda cool.
    • I wouldn't ally with Canada as the USA, they have barely any starting units and you could manage to take them with your starting units. Wouldn't ally with Mexico either. I tend to ally with the UK so if needed I can launch an invasion into Europe. The research and units depend on your play style, I prefer to make motorised infantry over standard infantry to invade Canada. I'd suggest not wasting resources on naval research for a while since it is pretty advanced when you start. Make sure to build industry in your x2 resource cities first, then go onto your other cities. Hope this is helpful.
    • cl0xy wrote:

I have no idea why you would ally with Canada or Mexico when u could easily attack them but if you are that type of player that does nothing and turtles around then you do you.
      The reason you ally with Mexico or Canada early on is because, USA army in day 1 is very small. if Mexico and Canada rush in day 1 your screwed. so becoming allies with one of them it makes,your borders more defendable plus you can betray them later on so win win.
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • You can try to take out all of north and south america for 1300 points, or ally with canada and have canada take out south america while you go to spain and try to control europe. You can use troops in phillipines to go for oman and then get land in middle east. i dont suggest war with japan because it will take a long time but if japan wars you you can easily win.

as for troops, spam artillery, tac bombers, interceptors, and motorized infantry. you use motorized infantry to zoom around everywhere and have artillery and tacs to blow up everything the motorized infantry scout. also have battleship fleet to bombard coasts
    • AMG Morgan wrote:

cl0xy wrote:

The reason you ally with Mexico or Canada early on is because, USA army in day 1 is very small. if Mexico and Canada rush in day 1 your screwed. so becoming allies with one of them it makes,your borders more defendable plus you can betray them later on so win win.
      US Army has 61 units and is much more advanced and leveled up then Mexico and Canada, you also have better quality units then both combined, if you lose to Canada or Mexico as USA even on day 1 you just aren’t a good player

It’s like germany ally-ing with Yugoslavia even though you could easily take them out
    • cl0xy wrote:

USA is the easiest to play, you’ll you border three countries unlike Germany and the Soviet Union and you can destroy the two countries that border you very easily.

Ally with the USSR and some other power, and attack Canada and Mexico then go into Central America and into South America, you should bit medium tanks, SP artillery, motorized and mechanized infantry, make sure to build industry and expand your economy even more, build infanstrcture around your nation. and make sure to expand your airforce, and your navy is also important, make sure to build up your navy aswell.

Question, since your probably much better than me. why build mediums when you can just build heavy tanks? speed im guessing and cheaper production maybe. idk let me know though because I'd like to improve my skills
    • YoungJamal wrote:

cl0xy wrote:

USA is the easiest to play, you’ll you border three countries unlike Germany and the Soviet Union and you can destroy the two countries that border you very easily.

Question, since your probably much better than me. why build mediums when you can just build heavy tanks? speed im guessing and cheaper production maybe. idk let me know though because I'd like to improve my skills
      Medium tanks are quicker to produce, cost less and combine mobility and damage whilst heavy tanks take longer to produce and are slow. Medium tanks lvl 3/4 - 6 are very strong in my opinion. And I never make many heavy tanks as mediums are my go-to. I also like using high level light tanks as they do lots of damage and are very fast.
    • YoungJamal wrote:

cl0xy wrote:

idk I dont use heavy tanks, its very expensive and very slow, its impossible to do a surprise attack off a heavy tank and you cant move fast with it, which is what I a rely on when I invade country’s, fast units. Mediums are my favourite tank and I use light tanks for quick invasions, and to get land quicker and to cause panic.

Although Heavy Tanks can be good if you have a stack of them to use if you ever have to get into a defensive war, and your empire is at serious danger of being annexed.
    • YoungJamal wrote:

The reason I said ally with MX and CA (this would be a day one type deal then after that I would just kill them) is because I heard that they could rush you day one and kill you. I have no Idea if this is true or not.
      This is true. If Mexico and Canada ally up and rush you, they can quickly take your cities. Though you have more units as USA, they are not only spread out, but mixed with a stronger navy - this is not critical in the early game.

You are best to ally up with one or the other, annex the losing one. Very Very Very important to build the economy to maintain your expansion and army, you'll need a large one and it becomes easy to build.

As mentioned in this thread, build the 2x resource cities first, and ensure you create a healthy mix of units. Everyones' game style is different, play to your strengths - but know what weaknesses you have by playing each country. In this case, you have a well researched starting army, with a strong navy, but a weak economy.

Keeping the Philippines is critical IMO, allowing for a fantastic staging ground to take the South Pacific and South East Asia. Being an ally with UK for a safer Atlantic seaboard is key by taking this approach. I tend to play diplomacy as an integral piece to my gameplay, and try to be friendly with as many potential nearby threats as possible. By creating a reserve and focusing on the larger threats you have a stronger chance of winning. I say this, as South America is a long drawn out conquest full of small and middle powers, and it does not net a huge return for the time and resources invested. While you spend your time there, your biggest competitors (pending on whom you ally with) are all rapidly expanding and building a force (USSR, UK, France, Germany, Japan and to a lesser degree: British India or Nationalist China).

That's my approach anyways, though it can be very boring playing USA. The threats are not really within range, creating a slower start gameplay where a focus on economics is primary. One game I did at this, I took Mexico and some of South America, holding ~380 points for about a week while my economy exploded, followed by the military. By the end of week 2 I had 25% of the global military and 50%+ the economy as the next nation.
    • cl0xy wrote:

US Army has 61 units and is much more advanced and leveled up then Mexico and Canada, you also have better quality units then both combined, if you lose to Canada or Mexico as USA even on day 1 you just aren’t a good player
      It’s like germany ally-ing with Yugoslavia even though you could easily take them out
      It really depends on how good the Mexico and Canada player are . if they are good they will target you asap and use fast unit to capture your cities and. while your army might be bigger as petrus said they are spread out and also it's mixed with your navy. allying with one of them is the most logical thing you could do, this means you can focus the majority of your units in one border instead of two borders. and as I said in my original post you can roll over the person you allied with later. so win win
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara