Custom Map Maker/Scenarios Ability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Custom Map Maker/Scenarios Ability

Do you agree with adding a World Editor/Map Maker section? 15
        Yes, I am fully on board! (11) 73%
        Yes, but I would like more clarification. (0) 0%
        No, I don't agree. (4) 27%
      Personally, I love all of the Call of War game modes and what they have to offer. Of such, the Historic World War is extremely interesting, fun, and entertaining. Anyways, a cool addition that could be added to the game could be if you were able to create your own maps and scenarios in a mapmaker or world editor section. Furthermore, I know that what I just said might not make sense, but to better explain this here is an example. I personally wanted to create a European Theatre map but redesign it slightly. Moreover, this would involve giving specific provinces and resources to a country, along with certain troops.

An example: What I personally wanted to do is create a normal Europe Road to War private match, but change it to how Europe looked in 1941 (Just before Operation Barbarossa). Specifically, this would include Germany occupying Northern France, along with the addition of the new playable country of Vichy France. Not to mention, Germany would spawn with the Atlantic wall (level 1 - 3 fortification), and with a somewhat large garrison of 15 infantry divisions, 5 anti-tanks, 2 light tanks, 2 medium tanks, and 1 heavy tank division. Although these are not exact numbers, I believe that these troops are an accurate representation of what Germany had at that time in France. Anyways, Vichy France would also be playable, and serve as a smaller ally for the Axis. Furthermore, I could go on talking about more details, but instead what I just said was a small example of something you could do in the custom map-making or world editor section (or whatever you would like to call that section)

How the map maker/word editor section could work: To begin with, what I believe the world editor section could look like is this:

• It would begin to look like a normal map of Europe, with standard provinces (or a drawing tool that would allow you to create additional provinces or cities).
      • Next, if you click on a province, it would bring up specific settings that would allow you to give that province/city to a specific country. If you take my example into consideration, this tool would allow me to give Paris or the surrounding provinces the German military used to occupy to Germany. Additionally, it would also allow you to create new countries and territories if you wish. Again with my example, using this tool could allow you to create Vichy France.
      • Next, I believe that it would be cool if you could give a specific number of troops to specific countries by spawning them inside specific provinces. How this could potentially look is if there was a top navigation bar (which could have specific tools inside separate boxes, kinda of like in Google Docs [I listed how it could look in the first image linked!]). By the way, sorry if a lot of this doesn’t make sense. I can’t really explain it in any other way ?( .
      • Another tool could allow you to give a number of resources to a country, and also to take away a number of resources from a country. In normal private matches, all countries start with the same resources. Although this is useful, it isn’t accurate in the context of Germany in the 1940’s, and how they lacked oil and needed large imports from the Soviet Union.
      • Another tool can allow you to also change a country’s name.
      When you believe that you are finished, you should be able to create that match and save it by downloading it. This way, you can still play that match in the future!

In the end, I can talk way more about extra details, but what you need to get from this is that I believe that the developers at Bytro Games should add a custom map maker or world editor section that can allow you to experiment and create new scenarios and ideas, along with new countries and alliances in private matches. Thanks for Reading! :D ^^
      Images
      • Screenshot 2021-07-16 11.57.55 PM.png

18.68 kB, 1,132×93, viewed 10 times
      • Screenshot 2021-07-16 11.57.55 PM.png

18.68 kB, 1,132×93, viewed 9 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by GeneralBobRoss ().

• Great Idea.

Honestly, adding an ability for a player to make a custom match could provoke creativity, variety, and strategy.

Not to mention, this ability could allow players to take on a challenge.

For example, if this feature was added, I would first try to make an Endsieg map (pretty much a historic 1944-1945 map with accurate allied and axis troops).

Furthermore, in my example, making this map (the downfall of the Axis) would be fun as depending on the nation, the player has to scramble and save their country while the might of the allies crushes their forces.

Also, allowing a person to make their own custom match would benefit Bytro Games a lot as more players would join and set up games

(pretty much setting up a custom map could allow more players to set up an historical event thus, bringing and notifying more players about this game).

Also, another game mode I would add would be a 1942 game mode.

Additionally, this was the turning point of WWII, likewise, at this point many important and crucial events that affected the course of WWII (like Stalingrad) were happening.

Moreover, allowing a player to play in this situation (where both allied and axis forces were essentially equal) could allow a person to either re-live or alter the path of history.

In the end, I fully support and agree with your idea!

The post was edited 1 time, last by TSRTS ().

• GeneralBobRoss wrote:

Personally, I love all of the Call of War game modes and what they have to offer. Of such, the Historic World War is extremely interesting, fun, and entertaining. Anyways, a cool addition that could be added to the game could be if you were able to create your own maps and scenarios in a mapmaker or world editor section. Furthermore, I know that what I just said might not make sense, but to better explain this here is an example. I personally wanted to create a European Theatre map but redesign it slightly. Moreover, this would involve giving specific provinces and resources to a country, along with certain troops.

An example: What I personally wanted to do is create a normal Europe Road to War private match, but change it to how Europe looked in 1941 (Just before Operation Barbarossa). Specifically, this would include Germany occupying Northern France, along with the addition of the new playable country of Vichy France. Not to mention, Germany would spawn with the Atlantic wall (level 1 - 3 fortification), and with a somewhat large garrison of 15 infantry divisions, 5 anti-tanks, 2 light tanks, 2 medium tanks, and 1 heavy tank division. Although these are not exact numbers, I believe that these troops are an accurate representation of what Germany had at that time in France. Anyways, Vichy France would also be playable, and serve as a smaller ally for the Axis. Furthermore, I could go on talking about more details, but instead what I just said was a small example of something you could do in the custom map-making or world editor section (or whatever you would like to call that section)

How the map maker/word editor section could work: To begin with, what I believe the world editor section could look like is this:

• It would begin to look like a normal map of Europe, with standard provinces (or a drawing tool that would allow you to create additional provinces or cities).
      • Next, if you click on a province, it would bring up specific settings that would allow you to give that province/city to a specific country. If you take my example into consideration, this tool would allow me to give Paris or the surrounding provinces the German military used to occupy to Germany. Additionally, it would also allow you to create new countries and territories if you wish. Again with my example, using this tool could allow you to create Vichy France.
      • Next, I believe that it would be cool if you could give a specific number of troops to specific countries by spawning them inside specific provinces. How this could potentially look is if there was a top navigation bar (which could have specific tools inside separate boxes, kinda of like in Google Docs [I listed how it could look in the first image linked!]). By the way, sorry if a lot of this doesn’t make sense. I can’t really explain it in any other way ?( .
      • Another tool could allow you to give a number of resources to a country, and also to take away a number of resources from a country. In normal private matches, all countries start with the same resources. Although this is useful, it isn’t accurate in the context of Germany in the 1940’s, and how they lacked oil and needed large imports from the Soviet Union.
      • Another tool can allow you to also change a country’s name.
      When you believe that you are finished, you should be able to create that match and save it by downloading it. This way, you can still play that match in the future!

In the end, I can talk way more about extra details, but what you need to get from this is that I believe that the developers at Bytro Games should add a custom map maker or world editor section that can allow you to experiment and create new scenarios and ideas, along with new countries and alliances in private matches. Thanks for Reading
      Totally up with this!
      Noob
    • Unfortunately, this would require a MAJOR rework of a lot of the game mechanics, which is a ton of work for the devs. It would also allow people to create maps in their favor, and then rack up a bunch of wins without actually playing.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine