Release Notes - 2021-07-20

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2021-07-20

General:

• The path indicators have been adjusted.
        • Unit’s path indicators show an arrowhead at the end of each ground movement path.
        • The color animation of path indicators has been slowed down.
        • When a unit is in forced march mode, the color animation is set at a significantly higher speed to indicate that the unit is moving faster.
        • In relation mode, path indicators use the relation colors as primary colors for the pathing lines. In political view mode, they keep using the country colors for the path lines.
        • Unselected pathing lines are displayed in darker colors.

Bug fixes:

• Artillery that were attacked by an enemy unit did not automatically open fire on the enemy unit immediately. This has been fixed now. Enemy armies that dare to attack Artilleries, will have to pay the price now.
      • Provinces without a garrison did not show the uprising chance when the province morale was low. This issue was resolved, and provinces now show the exact uprising chances again.
      • When splitting up an army and moving some of the troops elsewhere, an error message could be triggered when the remaining troops of the split stack were selected afterwards. This issue has been resolved and no error message gets displayed anymore.
      • Coalition leaders will be glad to hear that their position within the coalition is no longer disguised in the coalition details anymore. The leader of a coalition is now displayed with the leader role in the coalition details again.
      • A bug was fixed that caused an error message to be displayed when clicking the full screen button in Steam. The full screen button is working as intended again.
    • Slyx wrote:

Artillery that were attacked by an enemy unit did not automatically open fire on the enemy unit immediately. This has been fixed now. Enemy armies that dare to attack Artilleries, will have to pay the price now.
      Does this count for all games or only the new games starting today? I'm in an AvA so it's kind of important to know. Can I go to bed and have a good night sleep or not?
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Slyx wrote:

Artillery that were attacked by an enemy unit did not automatically open fire on the enemy unit immediately. This has been fixed now. Enemy armies that dare to attack Artilleries, will have to pay the price now.
      Does this count for all games or only the new games starting today? I'm in an AvA so it's kind of important to know. Can I go to bed and have a good night sleep or not?
      It should be in all games mine updated an my game started yesterday
      The greatest weakness to a leader is his himself
    • It's all good apart from the removal of the blue pin that was indicating the end point of air unit patrol. Now you have to select unit in order to see that, which makes separating a wing of 10 into a scouting fan a complete nightmare and tedious task.

Have to say that is huge negative for me and affect my game experience to a point where I'll take a break after the current round and not play for quite some time.

Also just from visual perspective the new path looks clunky and unpleasant, lines colours way too overpowering compared with the surroundings. I can live with that as it's just purely aesthetics, but the pin removal is deal breaker for me personally.
    • Slyx wrote:

Bug fixes:

• Artillery that were attacked by an enemy unit did not automatically open fire on the enemy unit immediately. This has been fixed now. Enemy armies that dare to attack Artilleries, will have to pay the price now.

Are you sure about that? I will have to check in new rounds, but for now I don't think it works. Shot units just stop but don't return the fire.
    • laaaaaaaaga wrote:

Slyx wrote:

Bug fixes:

Are you sure about that? I will have to check in new rounds, but for now I don't think it works. Shot units just stop but don't return the fire.
      The general information there is correct. Artillery will immediately return fire on an attacker now. We're investigating a potential issue with units when attacked, as in some cases that seems to overwrite their current orders. This is not intended and will definitely get fixed as soon as we find the root cause of the issue.
    • Maluta86 wrote:

It's all good apart from the removal of the blue pin that was indicating the end point of air unit patrol. Now you have to select unit in order to see that, which makes separating a wing of 10 into a scouting fan a complete nightmare and tedious task.

Have to say that is huge negative for me and affect my game experience to a point where I'll take a break after the current round and not play for quite some time.

Also just from visual perspective the new path looks clunky and unpleasant, lines colours way too overpowering compared with the surroundings. I can live with that as it's just purely aesthetics, but the pin removal is deal breaker for me personally.
      Will someone from the development and support team comment on this please? In the release notes there is nothing that indicates that changes have been made to air units, but blue tag/pin that indicate patrol of air units is no longer available after this release. Is this bug or this is expected behaviour and this feature was removed?

Regards
    • The new issue with moving orders being overwritten by bombardment should be fixed already.

laaaaaaaaga wrote:

Slyx wrote:

Bug fixes:

This fix is not about making moving artillery stop to fire back, it is about making stationary artillery fire back immediately when attacked, to prevent the hit'n'run exploit.

The issue with moving orders being overwritten should be fixed already.

Maluta86 wrote:

Maluta86 wrote:

It's all good apart from the removal of the blue pin that was indicating the end point of air unit patrol. Now you have to select unit in order to see that, which makes separating a wing of 10 into a scouting fan a complete nightmare and tedious task.

Will someone from the development and support team comment on this please? In the release notes there is nothing that indicates that changes have been made to air units, but blue tag/pin that indicate patrol of air units is no longer available after this release. Is this bug or this is expected behaviour and this feature was removed?
      Regards
      Those pins were a rather new feature to begin with, introduced around 1 year ago or so, and previously players played without them just fine. All those path indicators got removed now in favor of the arrow heads as it would be just redundant otherwise and not look good. Aircraft are a special case of course since they dont have the arrow heads but right now I don't see a big issue with this, you still have the flight arrow of the airplane and the blue circle that indicates the patrol position. If there is a specific problem with that maybe you can post a screenshot that explains it.
    • freezy wrote:

The new issue with moving orders being overwritten by bombardment should be fixed already.

laaaaaaaaga wrote:

Slyx wrote:

Bug fixes:

This fix is not about making moving artillery stop to fire back, it is about making stationary artillery fire back immediately when attacked, to prevent the hit'n'run exploit.

Maluta86 wrote:

Maluta86 wrote:

Will someone from the development and support team comment on this please? In the release notes there is nothing that indicates that changes have been made to air units, but blue tag/pin that indicate patrol of air units is no longer available after this release. Is this bug or this is expected behaviour and this feature was removed?Regards
      Those pins were a rather new feature to begin with, introduced around 1 year ago or so, and previously players played without them just fine. All those path indicators got removed now in favor of the arrow heads as it would be just redundant otherwise and not look good. Aircraft are a special case of course since they dont have the arrow heads but right now I don't see a big issue with this, you still have the flight arrow of the airplane and the blue circle that indicates the patrol position. If there is a specific problem with that maybe you can post a screenshot that explains it.
      Well there is a massive issue with the removal of this and not sure how I can post print screen as they are gone. When you have a wing of 10 lets say and you want to split and position it within the edge of the range circle in semi-circle in blue patrol circle distance from each other along the edge. Now that is almost impossible as you do not see the end destination of the units once you have gave them the patrol command.

That is one of the most powerful and potent scouting techniques that is now very difficult to achieve if at all. I can see how someone that is not familiar with this or does not use it would not see much of an issue the pins being removed and I'm sure the game was playable before their introduction. Is it better without the pins- no, does it reduce and makes air units control user unfriendly and difficult-yes.
    • freezy wrote:

The new issue with moving orders being overwritten by bombardment should be fixed already.

laaaaaaaaga wrote:

Slyx wrote:

Bug fixes:

Ok,so to clarify. Moving unit if attacked is not ment to return fire?
    • laaaaaaaaga wrote:

freezy wrote:

laaaaaaaaga wrote:

Slyx wrote:

Bug fixes:

This fix is not about making moving artillery stop to fire back, it is about making stationary artillery fire back immediately when attacked, to prevent the hit'n'run exploit.The issue with moving orders being overwritten should be fixed already.
      yes
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Hi I noticed something in addition. Any ranged units must now target the unit they were attacked with. Say a bunch of destroyers rushed up against a battleship, now the battleships will always target the destroyers, even if aimed at a different enemy target. Correction, it's due to faulty intel.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AdrianTheStrategist ().

• laaaaaaaaga wrote:

freezy wrote:

laaaaaaaaga wrote:

Slyx wrote:

Bug fixes:

This fix is not about making moving artillery stop to fire back, it is about making stationary artillery fire back immediately when attacked, to prevent the hit'n'run exploit.The issue with moving orders being overwritten should be fixed already.
      "Fixing" this would be undercutting High Command functionality.