Was the game dumbed down to improve the food situation???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Was the game dumbed down to improve the food situation???

HELP! URGENT ANSWER REQUIRED!

You did not .. I pray, you did'nt....oh migh...no no no... did you really??

DID YOU DUMB DOWN THE GAME???

Did you improve the food situation instead of having the players learn how to manage it???

If you did: :thumbdown:

DEVS, come on!!???
  • so every nincompoop that never gave a damn about his economy development can now go build a large army?

that is DUMBING DOWN THE GAME

BIG minus for the DEVS that they gave in to the cry-babies.

So man players (Joneleth, Purplepzza, Sabalkus etc.), who spend time to see through the many layers and complications of the game, now have been told to get stuffed, because any idiot deserves a big army without food issues, even though there were NONE.

I was at 350/hr before this switch with a 400 army and >800 provs. THERE WAS NO FOOD PROBLEM if one put his mind to it!!!

I am now at 1150/hr!!! With barracks turned on...
  • _Pontus_ wrote:

Kvabar wrote:

War with infantry, finally.
    Your country must be very small that you want infantery. It will take you a week to cross my 800 prov empire....if not 2 weeks.
    That is w/o having to fight for each province.

I have 586 provinces in North America, South America, Afrika, Middle East and Middle Eurasia :P

And i want use motorized and mechanized infantry, and yes, its normal.

This game - Call of WAR! not Call of Builders - build 10 factories, grab a couple of cities, and not Call of Farmers - milk your AI neighbor for capitals, its not normal for wargame,. sorry.
  • To my enormous relief, the food-fix is minor.
    90% of players is already in trouble again.

I thus apologize for the harsh words about dumbing-down the game, since it proves to be that the devs kept the element of strategic planning alive, only allowing for a bit more food to have some infantry.

After my food shot to 1100+/hr, I really thought the game was done.

100map - 14 actives - Starting point: Indochina
    Provs: 1247
    Food: Stable at a happy negative of 100/hr again and weeks of 2 reserves to build up the grain to match requirements.
    Army: >500
    Wars: 4
    Fronts: Southwest Europe, Middle East, Mexico, Northwest USA, Pacific Ocean
  • _Pontus_ wrote:

so every nincompoop that never gave a damn about his economy development can now go build a large army?

that is DUMBING DOWN THE GAME

BIG minus for the DEVS that they gave in to the cry-babies.

So man players (Joneleth, Purplepzza, Sabalkus etc.), who spend time to see through the many layers and complications of the game, now have been told to get stuffed, because any idiot deserves a big army without food issues, even though there were NONE.

I was at 350/hr before this switch with a 400 army and >800 provs. THERE WAS NO FOOD PROBLEM if one put his mind to it!!!

I am now at 1150/hr!!! With barracks turned on...
    Golly. That was kind of nasty. You should probably just get some tea or something.