Free selection for 100 player map?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We need to be able to select our on nations like before. It's a world map 100 playable nations one of the best parts about it is choosing your own nation that you think will be able to win with. Resource wise, position wise, etc. Random selection is more like playing the lotto. If you're lucky you will get a nation you wouldn't mind playing as, but it looks like a lot of people don't like this and if they don't add a free selection world map looks like a lot of people will move on from this game and go look for something else to play.
    • Rage wrote:

We need to be able to select our on nations like before. It's a world map 100 playable nations one of the best parts about it is choosing your own nation that you think will be able to win with. Resource wise, position wise, etc. Random selection is more like playing the lotto. If you're lucky you will get a nation you wouldn't mind playing as, but it looks like a lot of people don't like this and if they don't add a free selection world map looks like a lot of people will move on from this game and go look for something else to play.
      I completely agree with this statement. It's really fun to have one game in each of South America, Africa, Asia, etc going at the same time. It keeps the game exciting. It's one of the main selling points for me to play exclusively the 100 player map.

I don't agree that some nations weren't being picked, the maps would fill up fast anytime we started one up. I agreed with the idea of only having 2 games for the 100 player maps open at a time, this helped keep the games full. Just gotta rush the new game once it starts to get the country/area you want :)

Please add free selection back to the 100 player map! We have been faithful players of this game and would greatly appreciate it being added back in.

I made an account on the forum just so I could voice my opinion on this specific issue.
    • Rage wrote:

We need to be able to select our on nations like before. It's a world map 100 playable nations one of the best parts about it is choosing your own nation that you think will be able to win with. Resource wise, position wise, etc. Random selection is more like playing the lotto. If you're lucky you will get a nation you wouldn't mind playing as, but it looks like a lot of people don't like this and if they don't add a free selection world map looks like a lot of people will move on from this game and go look for something else to play.
      Agreed fully, I don't want to randomly play as a nation!!!!11111!!11!!!11!!
      It's been a while
    • Another argument in favor of re-adding the possibility to chose his nation in the 100-World Map:

If friends want to play together, side by side, on the world map, they need to select their countries at the beginning! Otherwise they will be placed randomly across the world and never being able to fight together from the start on. I´m very sure there are many players, who wish they could simply play with their friends without joining several maps until they are close enough. Meanwhile, this results in many new AIs on the maps, because of players joining and leaving until they come close enough to their friends, and the need of more efforts by the players.
      Summarized, friends, who want to play with each other, will need to join many games until they come close enough. This causes more AIs ingame and tired players.

Secondly, because players join maps and leave them again until they have a position,that they are satisfied with, causes many new AIs. This argument is very similar to my first one.

But I believe, that the Team did not take the country selection out for no reasons. Maybe one of them has the patience to tell us? :) Because obviously none of the players above this post and me understand why you[the team] removed the country selection!

Mc_Johnsen
      #Cake FTW
    • Having random maps is fine, you meet new people. Find a group you want to play a game with again. I joined a game to see if we could get into an area we wanted and was thrown into a random game as Borneo. Needless to say, won't be playing that or any other 100 map random. The fear of having groups joining and rolling over others is the plan of many groups which is what will make for a great game. If you've come in solo, well diplomacy is a huge part of the game and has a strength higher than any stack.
    • New Games

The top two games I found when I checked,,,, there is a 100 map on day one.

They are generated as the previous one fills.

Nation select maps are harder to fill... because some people will see their favorite nation is taken and dont join.
      Field Marshal Dan
      Former Call of War Game Operator & staff trainer 2015-17
      Community Coordinator @ New World Empires
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs