Patrol or attack on planes !@

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BMfox wrote:

Please read this guide: Air Combat for COW1.5v- Guide for dealing some (in)decent damage
      There's more where that came from.
      There is not information for my question. I need to know in patroll how much damage deals the planes ( in percentage from direct attack) ! And why Pan-Asian planes are with bugs. Look the situation. 10 interceptors Pan Asian with attack 100 and defense 50. So they seat and patrol. I put my planes in attack mode and go for direct attack. My planes also 100 attack and 50 defense. I go on it and after attack my planes -100 hp !! WhY ??!?!?! Normaly it need to be -50 hp because his stack have only 50 defense !!And me instead of 100 damage dealed him only with 50... AND NOT HIS PATROL TIMER/ CLOCK was still not over !!! So it is not because his patrol finished..... WHY??? Please report the bug to admins !!! FIX PAN ASIAN PLANES (INTERCEPTORS )!!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ValeraZol: edit ().

• I'm pretty sure this was your question: "So my question. How much the attack of plane does damage and how much the patrol. Because before was 100 % in attack and 25 % in patrol, how much is now, because is not so already ?"

I'm also pretty sure that the subject "patrol or attack" is discussed in detail in the guide!

Secondly you need to know that the Pan-Asian interceptors get an extra bonus which makes them the best and fastest interceptor in the game.

Firstly planes in attack mode function like this: the enemy planes will defend before you get to attack. Meaning they will defend at 100% as an answer to your direct attack. Your planes will take damage so by SDBE your damaged planes will now deal less damage to the enemy. While you fly in or you fly out, the enemy parol cycle will certainly tick to 0 on a given moment meaning you will get another 50% attack on your planes. In short patrolling planes is always better than direct attack.

All this was also explained in the guide!
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • I know that Pan Asian planes have bonuses !!!!!!!!! But my stack of planes was better because my planes was with a level higher ! AND I WROTE CLEARLY ! ENEMY PATROL CIRCLE DIDNT TICK TO 0 !!!! I especially calcute it ! TO go in and out without be patroled ! SOOO MY QUESTION ARE OPEN! Why his planes(interceptors) dealed 100 hp damage to mine interceptors they directly attack when he have 50 only defense damage to planes on his interceptors !!!!!!!!! ( THE numbers are approximate to understand better my example, in game my attack damage of interceptors was +-130 his interceptors defense +-70 ). I am pretty sure that it is a glicth with that planes !!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ValeraZol ().

• Firstly your planes got attacked by his defensive value first so you didn't deal 130.
      Secondly his planes get the 15% bonus which isn't calculated in your estimation.
      Thirdly, I'm pretty sure that you have been attacked by the patrol either flying in or flying out.
      Fourthly, your attack would have been spread over all the units in the "patrol circle" so if there were ground units in the area than your attack got spread over all those units and accordingly all those units dealt defensive damage to your planes too.
      Fifthly, as Pan-Asian planes are super fast he can have sent a second stack of planes after you to counter attack which you might not have seen.

Of course it is always easier to say that the game is rigged ;) Which in my experience, it isn't.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Firstly your planes got attacked by his defensive value first so you didn't deal 130.
      Secondly his planes get the 15% bonus which isn't calculated in your estimation.
      Thirdly, I'm pretty sure that you have been attacked by the patrol either flying in or flying out.
      Fourthly, your attack would have been spread over all the units in the "patrol circle" so if there were ground units in the area than your attack got spread over all those units and accordingly all those units dealt defensive damage to your planes too.
      Fifthly, as Pan-Asian planes are super fast he can have sent a second stack of planes after you to counter attack which you might not have seen.

Of course it is always easier to say that the game is rigged ;) Which in my experience, it isn't.
      1.First not ground troops in circle ! Only his planes !
      2.Second not another planes because he was on my lands and me would see their.
      3.Third I attack and go out in time from patrol circle !!because my planes have a good speed ( interceptors only that are fast and can run in time ). I follow that move and 100 % the circle timer didnt tick to 0...( i was online at that moment and follow up all the process, it is 100 % that timer of patrol didnt cath me !! and no ground troops under attack place!!!). SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Wtf is with that game.
      4.Fouth the bonus of 15 % already was included in his stats when you look on information about stack. So i saw his attack stats. Look how it was with real numbers

My 10 interceptors with 290 hp points with 130 attack damage went on his 10 interceptors with 270 hp points and with 125 attack and 75-78 defense. After my direct attack the result should be my interceptors 215 hp points, his 140 hp points. But final result was 130 hp my planes (HOW he deal so much damage in defense !!!!??????) and 212 his planes !!!!! AND HE DIDNT PATROL ME because i calculte and my planes go in and out of circle of patrol in 6 minutes or faster but patrol time was 7.5 minutes ( x2 mode ). SO IT IS 100 % GLITCH WITH PAN ASIAN interceptors !!! FIX IT !!!! It is impossible to control airspace with so monsters that are better in defense mode then they should be worse in defense !!! Because every interceptors have a bigger damage in attack and smaller in defense ! SO is better to attack was my opinion... but with this bugs i get in my mouth very hard !!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ValeraZol ().

• There are many mysteries for air combat, even for experienced players. Rule-of-thumb stuff I developed over the years:

1) Patrol, don't direct attack
      2) Never direct attack enemy planes, UNLESS you are all INT's and your enemy is all bombers. Even then, make sure there is no second enemy INT patrol stack circle over the attack spot
      3) Make 10-stacks, or even bigger when mixing bombers and fighters. If you can't, make an 8-stack. If you can't manage that, keep your planes out of harm's way until you build MOAR of them (unless your enemy is using even smaller stacks, of course)
      4) Try to tick before your enemy does, which is only really feasible if you are already in place (patrolling) before he arrives. Try to repeat that by taking your tick and getting out of his patrol circle before he ticks back. That costs "ground" though (usually, you'll need to patrol further back to be "in place before he arrives" again)
      5) Avoid refuelling (includes rebasing!) in places where your enemy planes can hit you, unless you're SURE he's offline
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • ValeraZol wrote:

My 10 interceptors with 290 hp points with 130 attack damage went on his 10 interceptors with 270 hp points and with 125 attack and 75-78 defense. After my direct attack the result should be my interceptors 215 hp points, his 140 hp points. But final result was 130 hp my planes (HOW he deal so much damage in defense !!!!??????) and 212 his planes !!!!! AND HE DIDNT PATROL ME because i calculte and my planes go in and out of circle of patrol in 6 minutes or faster but patrol time was 7.5 minutes ( x2 mode ). SO IT IS 100 % GLITCH WITH PAN ASIAN interceptors !!! FIX IT !!!! It is impossible to control airspace with so monsters that are better in defense mode then they should be worse in defense !!! Because every interceptors have a bigger damage in attack and smaller in defense ! SO is better to attack was my opinion... but with this bugs i get in my mouth very hard !!!

You direct attacked planes on Patrol. A VERY BAD idea.

When your attack hit it triggered this defensive calculation:
      50% of his attack value (because his planes are on patrol) 50% x 125 + 75 defense value (plus/minus random 20%)
      So your damage taken should have been between 110-165. You took 160 so got screwed by the random generator.

NOW.
      At this point your Planes do their Attack damage. BUT NOT with 290HP, with 130HP (i.e. 44% health) the associated drop in SDBE means that you wouldn't do 130 damage but roughly 70 damage (plus/minus random 20%) so something in the range of 56-84. Looks like you did 55 damage so got screwed again by the random generator.

What have we learnt? DO NOT DIRECT ATTACK anything that's protected by Interceptors on Patrol.

If you'd timed it incorrectly and his patrol had ticked while you were inbound/outbound then you would have taken another damage calculation. (50% of attack although you would have 50% defended first.)
    • mindfields wrote:

ValeraZol wrote:

You direct attacked planes on Patrol. A VERY BAD idea.

When your attack hit it triggered this defensive calculation:
      50% of his attack value (because his planes are on patrol) 50% x 125 + 75 defense value (plus/minus random 20%)
      So your damage taken should have been between 110-165. You took 160 so got screwed by the random generator.

NOW.
      At this point your Planes do their Attack damage. BUT NOT with 290HP, with 130HP (i.e. 44% health) the associated drop in SDBE means that you wouldn't do 130 damage but roughly 70 damage (plus/minus random 20%) so something in the range of 56-84. Looks like you did 55 damage so got screwed again by the random generator.

What have we learnt? DO NOT DIRECT ATTACK anything that's protected by Interceptors on Patrol.

If you'd timed it incorrectly and his patrol had ticked while you were inbound/outbound then you would have taken another damage calculation. (50% of attack although you would have 50% defended first.)

K.Rokossovski wrote:

There are many mysteries for air combat, even for experienced players. Rule-of-thumb stuff I developed over the years:

1) Patrol, don't direct attack
      2) Never direct attack enemy planes, UNLESS you are all INT's and your enemy is all bombers. Even then, make sure there is no second enemy INT patrol stack circle over the attack spot
      3) Make 10-stacks, or even bigger when mixing bombers and fighters. If you can't, make an 8-stack. If you can't manage that, keep your planes out of harm's way until you build MOAR of them (unless your enemy is using even smaller stacks, of course)
      4) Try to tick before your enemy does, which is only really feasible if you are already in place (patrolling) before he arrives. Try to repeat that by taking your tick and getting out of his patrol circle before he ticks back. That costs "ground" though (usually, you'll need to patrol further back to be "in place before he arrives" again)
      5) Avoid refuelling (includes rebasing!) in places where your enemy planes can hit you, unless you're SURE he's offline
      Thank you guys ! You helped a lot !