Best Units for Cominterm?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best Units for Cominterm?

I used to play Call of War a long time ago, before Doctrines and whatnot were added, and only recently got back into the game. I've been playing around with Doctrines and so far the Cominterm is my favorite. I've been running Mot. Infantry, Light Tanks, Medium Tanks, Tank Destroyers, SPAA's and SPA's for my army, Battleships, Destroyers, and Subs for my navy, and Tactical/Attack bombers reinforced with Interceptors for my airforce. I wanted to know what the best units for Cominterm are, and if my unit usage is alright.
    • Heinrici wrote:

Are you purposely avoiding all units that Comintern get a bonus for?

Progress something like this: ART, AC, Rocket Artillery, AA or INT or AT as needed, HT, SP Rocket ART
      As I said I had not played for a while so I carried over my old strategy. I figured that since SP ordinance had every advantage over regular ordinance, it was ideal to use. Even if Cominterm regular ordinance gets a bonus, wouldn't SP still be ideal to use, due to them being faster, stronger, and having light armor? And I've found most of my opponents tend to stay away from Infantry for the most part, hence my neglect of Rocket ART.
    • As everyone in the game starts with unarmoured units which is countered by Rocket Artillery, those are OP in early game. Especially as comitern unlocks the research at day one instead of day 2. It's also pretty decent against light armor so RA should be your main unit up to day 8 where more armour starts to be on the battlefield. At that point you can make SP artillery which is a fast anti armour unit.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

As everyone in the game starts with unarmoured units which is countered by Rocket Artillery, those are OP in early game. Especially as comitern unlocks the research at day one instead of day 2. It's also pretty decent against light armor so RA should be your main unit up to day 8 where more armour starts to be on the battlefield. At that point you can make SP artillery which is a fast anti armour unit.
      This is very helpful, thanks
    • depends on where your country and enemy country terrain. rocket artillery is a must for every comintern countries. in case you got a country where rare materials are scarce your normal arty will do as it is still cheaper than other doctrines. inf/militia with AT shouldn't be underestimated also since in the beginning, people would charge with either LT or AC blindly and these two combination is very good at both defending at forest or urban. MT and HT are good choices although be aware with the slow speed.

as for air units i suggest you stick with attack bombers since the ground units already cover defense in inf and light armor units.

naval, depends on what your style. i would stick with cruiser (there's hp bonus for comintern cruiser) + destroyer combo

any other units such as AA, fighters, etc. should be researched depending on your needs later on in the game.
    • Helmwickje wrote:

depends on where your country and enemy country terrain. rocket artillery is a must for every comintern countries. in case you got a country where rare materials are scarce your normal arty will do as it is still cheaper than other doctrines. inf/militia with AT shouldn't be underestimated also since in the beginning, people would charge with either LT or AC blindly and these two combination is very good at both defending at forest or urban. MT and HT are good choices although be aware with the slow speed.

as for air units i suggest you stick with attack bombers since the ground units already cover defense in inf and light armor units.

naval, depends on what your style. i would stick with cruiser (there's hp bonus for comintern cruiser) + destroyer combo

any other units such as AA, fighters, etc. should be researched depending on your needs later on in the game.
      Very helpful as well. Thanks.