Countering Axis

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Countering Axis

I was wondering if there's a reliable method to countering Axis countries (specifically as Cominterm), time and time again I am matched against them and I am unable to find a way to get around the increased overall strength in their units. Is there a certain weakness I should exploit? Is there a certain troop that works especially well?
    • 4 words: SP units, Attack Bombers. Comintern Always should make SP units, Highways and attack bombers with interceptor support. And who could forget? Heavy tanks!
      Doctrine says that a withdrawing movement should be faster than the enemy Advance if it isnt you have a greatly increased chance of defeat, and generally Comintern's meta units are slower than Axis meta units.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • depends on their set up , if they go air and mot inf focus, research ra and spra , ints and aa , if they go tank focus , anti-tank and attack bombers should be good enough. Also , try to drag the war as long as possible and just send lt/ac to cap empty province to destroy his eco as much as possible.
    • Comintern can movilize a great army but requiere time, try to produce infantry and anti-tanks for defending cities early, avoid flat terrain until you get heavy tanks. offensives must be do with both types of artillerys. you dont need conquer other provinces on the first days since your economy is very strong, instead acumulate troops.

Avoid manouver warfare, instead be a slow but unstopabble force, overstack your armies. Try to focus on your production buildings rather than upgrade your armies.

More time you get, more advantage you can get over an axis country, time is precious.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • Keep in mind:

- Axis: they have strong but expensive units, so they are unable to create large armies (at least un early-middle game), and because of those Strong units, they are good when you reduce the battlefield size (AKA Big battles in a reduced área).
      - Comintern: they have weak but cheap units, so they can get huge armies in middle-late Game, because of that they are good un horizontal warfare (small battles in a big área)

So, in early game you should focus on artillery and playing defensive, if you can create a slightly bigger army you can penetrate enemy lines, maybe you desorganize your enemy. In middle and late game focus on using your bigger army and attack them from every possible gap, comintern are good in overwhelming the enemy with their army's size. Of course, always try to not go straigth to combat because you are weaker, unless you have a nice artillery and the enemy doesn't