My planes don't defend themselves

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My planes don't defend themselves

Heya,

today I sent two squadrons consisting of 5 tactical bombers and 5 fighters (both lvl 2) to attack an enemy tank. They where intercepted by 2 enemy squadrons of 6 fighters each (also lvl 2). The enemy lost not a single morale point while I lost allmost 70. How is that possible?
    • 1) He sent 2 waves of 6 fighters
      2) Even if he did send 12 at once my stats would be superior because of the state-based damage efficiency
      3) He did not lose a single hit point

In an earlier occasion I attacked 6 Fig of him with two waves of 6 Fig. I lose 2 fighters of each attackwave and he lost none. And in a later occassion he attacked 7 Fig. and 2 Tac. of mine with the same 12 Fig. and again I suffered losses while he did not.

When I asked him why he does not suffer any losses he called it 'tactics' and claimed that 'if 2 armies of similar size attack each other one does not suffer any losses'.
    • I just started having a somewhat similar issue actually. My fighters strength has suddenly been reduced to 0. 22 fighters, not one of them can do any damage, no matter the stack size, and they're just dropping like flies. Just had to bring them home when I realized, so now I have to wait and see if it fixes itself.
    • ~Azazel~ wrote:

I just started having a somewhat similar issue actually. My fighters strength has suddenly been reduced to 0. 22 fighters, not one of them can do any damage, no matter the stack size, and they're just dropping like flies. Just had to bring them home when I realized, so now I have to wait and see if it fixes itself.
      Do you mean their stats-card says 0 strength or did you realize it during battle like I did?
    • I had 3 different encounters:

1) I attack him -> I lose planes and he has no losses
      2) He attacks me before I bomb -> I lose planes and he has no losses
      3) He attacks me after I bomb -> I lose planes and he has no losses

Makes no sense to me. Maybe some Admin can shed some light on your theory?
    • Hmm. Maybe there's just a really big random factor to air encounters, or there's something buggy about them.

Unless there's something else I'm missing.

Gonna see if I can get a friend to try a few different things in a private game later and see if we can conclude anything about how things work.