Buff allied doctrine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buff allied doctrine

Withiout getting into the specifics, allies are known as early game unit spammers and high techo doctrine, but none of these perks end up playing a significante role in the hands of a slightly experienced player

-25% research cost/time: there's no doubt that fast/cheap research is useful, but ir we take into account that with the other doctrines you can still have high lvl units without any issue if you know what you need, it ends up being a somewhat "weak" strength

-20% upgrade cost/time: fast upgrades are handy, but in reality it just cut a few minutes. The main strength of this perk is that you save some resources wich is really useful, but having 80% of the cost compared to other doctrines is not a strength, after all you are not upgrading units constantly

-30% unit production time: this is the main strength of the doctrine, you can create a Big army in less time than your enemy, to put this into perspective, in the same time other doctrines create 7 units, you create 10. But the downside is that most of the time this perk is useless because the economy usually is not that big to be able to spam units, a 30% faster production needs a 30% bigger economy, wich is huge, so you end up using this perk only in the first ~5 days

-10% movement speed: speed is the most underrated quality in this Game (in my opinion) because call of war is a tactic-based Game, there's not much room for strategy. A 10% speed reduction may not seem big, but being slower means that you are not likely yo catch a retrating enemy, and that your enemy can catch you easily. Another issue with this is that you can spend less time expanding because you need extra time to get from A to B, wich reduces your nations size, wich reduces the potential to have a Big economy (an issue if your main strength requires Big economies)

To put this into perspective:
      - Research cost/time bonus: really useful, but if you know what you need you don't really use it
      - Upgrade cost/time bonus: the time reduction is useful un theory, but in reality is just a few minutes. The cost reduction is useful and You Will save some resources but nothing that makes a difference big enough to be a strength
      - Production time reduction: Strong in the first few days, useless after 5-7 days, the daily cost of producing units non-stop is impossible to keep up
      - Reduction in movement speed: a weakness that looks small but it isn't

I think this doctrine needs a buff, maybe not big, but the strengths aren't as big as the weaknesses. Maybe replacing Upgrade cost/time reduction with a slight buff to the economy by increasing resources production in industries (+5-10%) or by reducing unit production cost (-5-10%) wich shouldn't be Big to not have the same advantages as communists, but this doctrine needs to be able to use it's bonus (production time reduction) yo be able to overcome it's weakness
    • Allies doctrine is by far one of the best doctrines. Although you might suffer a bit from lack of unit production in mid game. You will recover quickly once you start building recuritment centers. You will be able to keep up a fast production rate. Plus your units are pretty powerful compared to Pan-Asia and Comintern doctrines. If anything Comintern needs a buff.
    • Im going to agreed that allies was the weakest doctrine before the 17/08 update, but now they are at the same lvl of the other doctrines since bombers are viable even if your enemy has interceptor, also strategic bombers are going to recibe a increased range in the future, i ve tried a lot the strat bombers, and they are monsters if you are able to reach enemy core provinces.

My only problem with allies its that they depends more on power spikes rather than a permanent bonus, once the enemy reach the same lvl they dont get any bonus at all, but anyway this its rlly a rare situation. However the production bonus means you dont need to contantly upgrade and build more production building, saving resources.The research and upgrade cost/time also saves a lot of resources and keep your army with high quality not requiering high lvl buildings, saving even more resources.

The main idea its choosing well your army composition the first days, your production bonus its very helpfull with this, then keep your units well upgraded.

vietcong2005 wrote:

Allies doctrine is by far one of the best doctrines. Although you might suffer a bit from lack of unit production in mid game. You will recover quickly once you start building recuritment centers. You will be able to keep up a fast production rate. Plus your units are pretty powerful compared to Pan-Asia and Comintern doctrines. If anything Comintern needs a buff.

Well comintern its played well different than the allies, probably its the anti-thesys in how its suposed to be played, i not going to say its the best but definitly they dont need a buff, or maybe a buff thay only affects the first 2 days. Maybe you just dont encouter a player who can use their full potential yet, a lot of players in th esp server had the comintern as their favorite (ppl who can spend all his days playing the game) and they hate the allies doctrine.

Again i think its more about how to use the doctrine rather than anything else
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

Allies doctrine is by far one of the best doctrines. Although you might suffer a bit from lack of unit production in mid game. You will recover quickly once you start building recuritment centers. You will be able to keep up a fast production rate. Plus your units are pretty powerful compared to Pan-Asia and Comintern doctrines. If anything Comintern needs a buff.
      Allies I agree is probably a decent doctrine. The speed isn't a huge issue and plus you get tactical bombers on day 1, meaning you can get the enemy off the bat with bombers. Comintern yes needs a buff: the lowered cost and upkeep isn't a huge impact and in theory it is allies that have quantity, not comintern. The damage reduction is terrible tho and it is more expensive than axis because you need more units anyway
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

Although you might suffer a bit from lack of unit production in mid game.
      Recruitment centers aren't the issue per se, te problem is resources production overall, even if you have lvl 5 industries in all of your core cities, if you have less than 200-250 victory points (the logic of more VP, more provinces, and thus more resources) you can't keep up

vietcong2005 wrote:

Plus your units are pretty powerful compared to Pan-Asia and Comintern doctrines. If anything Comintern needs a buff.

It's true that some units are better in allied doctrine (tact bombers, strat bombers, destroyers, etc), but every doctrine has it's buffed units.
      You have to make a difference between tactics oriented doctrines like axis and allied, and strategic oriented doctrines like pan asian and comintern. The last two aren't weak, they get their strength by having a strategical advantages, pan asians are fast and can expand extremely quick, and thus, get a strategical advantage by controlling large territories and having Big economies because of that. On the other side, comintern is a weak head-to-head doctrine but they have cheap units and can have HUGE armies, let a comintern player increase the size of the army and you Will be facing an army that's twice as big as yours
    • Danieliyoverde123 wrote:

Im going to agreed that allies was the weakest doctrine before the 17/08 update, but now they are at the same lvl of the other doctrines since bombers are viable even if your enemy has interceptor, also strategic bombers are going to recibe a increased range in the future, i ve tried a lot the strat bombers, and they are monsters if you are able to reach enemy core provinces.
      I agree with that, maybe if strat bombers get buffed range allied would be a more viable option, because even if they have better range than other doctrines, it's still pretty low. Maybe if allies get a bigger buff in strat's range they would be stronger because you can destroy your opponent's economy and factories

Danieliyoverde123 wrote:

However the production bonus means you dont need to contantly upgrade and build more production building, saving resources.

That's true but you rarely can do that, even if it is common you can just save 2-3k of a resource per factory
    • Yeah allies have their weakness like every other doctrines, but i dont think they need a buff, they dont have a easily explotaible weakness and can adapt quickly to every situation.

The first time i used the allied doctrine it was very dissapointing but i ended switching how i play it and by then it give very good results, allied dont get something that good to say its my favorite but doesnt have a weakness that make me avoid it.

Other players cant adapt to comintern, others cant to panasian, you say allied its bad but again i would say its more about adapting to the doctrine rather than trying to play the same way as you would do with other doctrines.

Julianc97 wrote:

I agree with that, maybe if strat bombers get buffed range allied would be a more viable option, because even if they have better range than other doctrines, it's still pretty low. Maybe if allies get a bigger buff in strat's range they would be stronger because you can destroy your opponent's economy and factories
      Strat bombers are a all in strategy, need to constatly be upgraded to increase their range its work for me on 22 players map when i am UK but its true that on 100 players cant reach the enemy bases once the game its advanced, but it could be used to destroy air bases anyway, denying enemy air superiority.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • Well, as i said a few comments ago, allies have a big weakness wich is speed, it doesn't seem much of a deal but it's quite significant.
      - 10% reduction in speed after a day isn't mucho, but after 10 days is like losing a full day of movement and for an active player who is always on the move is meaningfull
      - Because you are slow, not using horizontal warfare is dangerous because one of your units can get trapped easily in enemy territory and get weakened until gets destroyed, this isn't usual against inactive players, but it is agains active or experienced players
      - The same as before but the other way around, being the slowest means that catching enemies is unlikely unless you use the air force

Strategical dis/advantages are more difficult to see than tactical dis/advantages, it's easy to know that axis nations get an advantage because they hit hard, but it's more difficult to see the strategical advantage of pan asian with +20% speed. This is the casé with allies, you start yo notice the weakness in the long run

Danieliyoverde123 wrote:

but it could be used to destroy air bases anyway, denying enemy air superiority.
      Yeah but i think that in that case they are not worth it, lvl 1 air bases have 20HP and even with lvl 2-3 tactical bombers you can destroy them pretty easily, and thus, you don't even need strats. And it's extremely uncommon to see air bases of lvl 2 or more in provinces or non-core cities
    • Panasian its my favorite doctrine, and im the first defending the comintern when ppl say its underpowered, bcuz i see and prefer grand strategy over simply brute force, And i keep saying that allies dont need a buff, only dislike them before bcuz of the interceptors bug made any bomber strategy inviable against good active players and allies relly heavy on bombers the same way axis relly on medium tanks.

Again switching the way you play the game its the key to success, i dont like play with allies but i recognize they are not bad, just not suited for my stile in particular.