A Sad Farewell

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Sad Farewell

Do you guys support me? 19
        Yes (13) 68%
        No (6) 32%
      Excessive use of gold:

A Sad Farewell,

Hi , hope you all are doing nicely. Right now, I am writing this message to tell you guys a story.

I have been playing this game since two years. It was a lovely experience, at first, I wasn't a good player and it took me to play 4 months until I became decent at it. In the first days, I used to join a lot of games and leave in the middle, my stats were terribly affected as a result, but then I realized that leaving the game makes the experience worse for other fellow players, so I stopped doing it and played only when I was sure I would continue it to the end.
      Recently, I joined a Game of HWW 1939 as Italy. I allied with UK and on the other hand, Germany, France and Sweden were allied. A fight broke out and we managed to defeat Germany and France.

As the tides were turning, France pleaded to us to be forgiven, we did forgive him and accepted him to our coalition. As the war ended we were the most powerful superpowers active, so I became inactive and played for not more that 5 minutes a day, and it continued for a week. As a result, my progress stalled a bit and France took the opportunity to expand and he took many landmasses in Europe, Africa and South America. And in that time period another power came to power, Persia. He took over inactive USSR, the whole of middle-east, British Egypt, British India, Xinjiang and the whole of Scandinavia. As a result, another coalition formed with Persia being the prime member with China and Australia.
      We prepared and eventually, war broke out….with terrible losses on both sides, Persia was pushed back, we took over Scandinavia, Western Russia, Turkey, Egypt and France even took over the Persian main lands . Persian air force was reduced from 150 to about 50 planes (I don’t remember the exact numbers). It seemed we are winning. But, suddenly France went offline and we let the war loose thinking Persia will surrender. But he didn’t, he and China combined pushed France back and re-occupied middle-east. I and UK was alarmed and decided to attack again. According to my military espionage reports, Persia had a very weak navy and about 60 planes with about 15 naval bombers…Although it was small, it was researched to max and his interceptors and Attack bombers were maxed to even gold-unlocked level.

We began an all-out attack against him. At first we cleared the coasts with navy and bombed the naval towns to damage production and morale and the troops stationed in the coasts were also killed. Then we launched air strikes to scattered troops here and there. Finally, we trapped a division 81-unit strong, full of anti-airs, artilleries and rocket artilleries. We surrounded the division with our armored cars and took the empty lands around it at forced march to ensure it doesn’t escape but he escaped. We trapped him again at a Xin territory and this time he couldn’t escape. We sent 10 medium tank for skirmishing a sacrificial attack and sent three divisions from 3 sides and bombed at it with 10 artilleries from each division. We also patrolled 3 stacks of air divisions over it (Formation :10 IT-10 AB-10 TB in each squadron, a total of 90 planes). He sent his air force to defend but it was too late. Although he went desperate and made a suicidal assault at one of the ground divisions at and it lost ¼ th of its HP.
      After that, we even destroyed all his naval bombers and started bombing his main cities form the ocean. He was completely devastated, at that time all his major coastal cities were destroyed with 0 morale, most of his armored cars used for skirmishing were destroyed, his economy was crippled, it was win win. As for china, he lost significant units due to poor strategy. Having the war on my side I decided to sleep but then I found his air force attacking of one UK’s divisions which had only 4 anti airs, so I sent my planes to patrol the zone and he made a blunder. Thinking that my planes will not arrive in time, he launched a direct attack on the ground division. But I managed to enter the patrol zone 6 secs earlier and his air force lost about half its health. According the spy report of that day he had only 270 units including 29 planes and out of them more than 90 were already gone, so I finally slept.

The next day, as I woke up I found terrible reports from UK. UK’s air force had lost 50% HP and his navy was devastated. I found that he now had more than 160 planes, with 28 Naval Bombers and all the damage that we did to his main air force have been completely recovered, all of it in 1 night ( or maybe 4 hours, 2 am -6 am). I texted Persia asking him how did he got them, no reply came. I texted him repeatedly but still no reply.

I thought to try once again to defeat him and give it a try, after all he is an inferior strategist in comparison to us. I attacked again and this time sent a direct patrol over Tehran with 5 air squadrons (30 planes in each 10IT-10AB-10TB….total…150 planes)…my planes lost half its health and I killed 40 of his planes and many units. After a few hours of rest , I got the spy report for a new day and found that he has 60 new planes and all the previous damage that I had done to his main air forces are gone. I decided to give up. I texted UK and told him to send a message to the newspaper and leave the game.

After spending 20+ days in a single round, an outcome like this is unpredictable. I am not against the use of gold as I can understand the conditions of the developers. My one and only complaint is that there should be a limit to how much gold can be used in a round. I wrote the entire story out in order make the reader feel the frustration that I am feeling right now. Forget game mechanics, strategy, tactics, plans, diplomacy, research and economy management, opponent can only buy gold and win in this way.

I have been seriously disappointed and deeply sad at it. I have decided to leave the game right here and will only play if restrictions are brought on gold usage in the future. Use of 10k, 20k or even 30k gold in a single round is okay, but spamming units by spending 100K gold absolutely not okay for me or players who enjoy the game.

Goodbye everyone, have a nice day.

[Forgive me for grammatical errors (if any)]

#GOODBYE

#LIMITGOLDUSAGE
    • TheWorldPartite wrote:

A better way would be to have all units such as rockets researched later and fighters etc. too. So strategy is important earlier on. And since beating tanks are easier than getting rocketed to death... it will be easier. Better if we could have no-gold countries such as the UK or bigger ones.
      I have to disagree. Making it harder to research units will only reinforce the current metas (artillery, tanks, bombers), making casual games near impossible and actually encouraging gold usage.
    • I give you all credit if you read the entire post. Way too much for my short attention span.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • i agree that gold user are really2 displease the game for other.
      i think there is a game that need gold to enter, i think that the game for them.

fighting gold user are vry hard but in the end there is a liimit on how much the player can buy the gold.

and in large map like world at war there is possibility to massive produce at once.
      like i play in that map and i can reproduce 5 med tank and 5 mech infantry in one time.

if i were you, i'll keep fighting till the point where that player doesn't want to use gold anymore or in the other word spend his gold :D :D :D
    • While in theory gold seems like it would make this game pay to win af, I haven't found it to be the case. Especially now that you can get gold for free on mobile (by watching ads), I honestly don't think it's a problem. The game does, after all, have to be profitable. There aren't a lot of options for them to make it that.
    • In my opinion gold should not be allowed to change the outcome of the game.

There are many games out there that are profitable without being pay to win.

If Bytro wants to make it fair they have to think of other ways of making money eg quality of life things like high command or i hate to say it but skins...

With gold in its current state is literally pay to win.
    • Russian Dictator wrote:

In my opinion gold should not be allowed to change the outcome of the game.

If Bytro wants to make it fair they have to think of other ways of making money eg quality of life things like high command or i hate to say it but skins...

CoW golders are very rare in all my games I encountered a heavy golder only once, way rares than most PvP games.
      Wanna know about doctrines? This is the ultimate guide.

Doctrines
    • GeneralASWalter wrote:

Russian Dictator wrote:

In my opinion gold should not be allowed to change the outcome of the game.

CoW golders are very rare in all my games I encountered a heavy golder only once, way rares than most PvP games.
      Agreed