The advertisement problem.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I believe we should abolish capitalism.

Advertisements are necessary under capitalism for businesses wanting to make their products/services known, and they will of course try to make as little as expenses possible in advertising whatever it is they got, so naturally, they go into forums such as these where creating advertisements are basically free of charge for the advertisers, and because the forum moderation has gone down recently, they can get away with having their advertisements stay around just long enough for users to notice.

And you know, advertisements do work. People can and do get influenced by advertisements, so it's worth it for the advertisers to go around making bot accounts whose purpose is to get the advertisements long enough for people to see before they get banned.

If we were to abolish, say: capitalism, private property, and money, however, then perhaps this whole debacle would be unnecessary. That certainly would spare the time for everyone involved. No advertisers needing to go through the trouble of sending bots, no users needing to get distracted by advertisements, no mods needing to clean up the mess.
  • AK140 wrote:

I believe we should abolish capitalism.

Advertisements are necessary under capitalism for businesses wanting to make their products/services known, and they will of course try to make as little as expenses possible in advertising whatever it is they got, so naturally, they go into forums such as these where creating advertisements are basically free of charge for the advertisers, and because the forum moderation has gone down recently, they can get away with having their advertisements stay around just long enough for users to notice.

And you know, advertisements do work. People can and do get influenced by advertisements, so it's worth it for the advertisers to go around making bot accounts whose purpose is to get the advertisements long enough for people to see before they get banned.

If we were to abolish, say: capitalism, private property, and money, however, then perhaps this whole debacle would be unnecessary. That certainly would spare the time for everyone involved. No advertisers needing to go through the trouble of sending bots, no users needing to get distracted by advertisements, no mods needing to clean up the mess.
    Stop, just stop. Don't bring up Capitalism in every thread, there must be an easier solution and I don't know but resigning the economic system of the world is kind of a rebellion, and discussing rebellions is illegal if I remember right.
  • Blue&Bright wrote:

Stop, just stop. Don't bring up Capitalism in every thread
    The reason we're in this mess is because we keep refusing to stare at the problem as it really is. Capitalism is undeniably the root of most of our modern problem, so is it not logical to address the root of the problem? Yes, it may seem unrelated to a WWII-based RTS MMO game, but the many of the problems facing CoW and its forum are a manifestation of capitalism. I'm not saying all of the problem, but a good chunk of the problem is, and that should worth a discussion.

However, if you really can't stand my messages, then remember, you can always block me.

Blue&Bright wrote:

there must be an easier solution and I don't know
    You're free to discuss what might this easier solution be, or dispute my claims, you know? It's not like I'm not looking for simpler solutions.

Blue&Bright wrote:

but resigning the economic system of the world is kind of a rebellion
    I'm not necessarily calling for a rebellion nor do I advocate for violence in any way, but if the ruling class decides to classify this as a form of rebellion, then so be it. But I certainly wouldn't just be okay with them arresting or killing me for it.

Blue&Bright wrote:

and discussing rebellions is illegal if I remember right.
    I have to claim ignorance on this since I don't keep track of the laws of all countries. Do keep in mind, however, that laws change all the time and aren't necessarily just.
  • If you see advertisement, just report it and the mods will delete it. I'll close this thread now. Thanks for your cooperation as we can't read and follow every single thread. Thanks to you we can keep the forum clean.
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!