Unit recovery

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit recovery

Full disclosure, I’m relatively new to the game and only have six games under my belt.

One of the aspects of this game that took me a game or two to wrap my head around was how slow units heal. 15% of the damage taken is not significant and it takes forever to have a badly damaged unit to recover. Now I know you can always group them with healthy units but then you’re just bringing them down.

I suggest allowing players to move units back to a city with a tank plant, for example, and allow for the unit to be recovered to full strength. This would be challenging for slower moving units that are away from their industrial center. After all you can repair the building if it’s damaged.

Another suggestion on the same topic would be to allow for the units to reform (not sure if that’s the best word). Essentially disband some units and fold the survivors into similar units. For example, if you had two infantry units that were reduced to half strength you could simply turn them into one unit at full strength.

This option may not make sense with naval units. Two half’s of an infantry regiment can easily make a whole, but to damaged battleships don’t make a whole ship.

This could be an option that takes time to preform in game, similar to upgrading. I would recommend the amount of time it takes depends on the number to units you are disbanding and the number of units you are folding the survivors into.

This was done in war periodically when units too heavy losses.

Thoughts?
    • Historically, military units could not "heal" the . Soldiers who were wounded were not returned to the field unless they are relatively minor injuries. Destroyed equipment could not be easily replaced when the unit is on the front or in enemy territory. A slight healing buff when in a friendly province (the core of the province, not one of the roads) would be realistic and I wouldn't mind having it added to the game.

Additionally, combining units was a thing that was done (rarely), but I believe it's better to have 2 units at 50% health than 1 unit at 100%.
    • Very true, but that was months. In this game the time scale is really wonky but one irl day is about a month in game. So in the span of, say, 5 irl days you could reasonably expect healing of more than 25%. I don't believe it's a lot either, but it kinda lines up.

I have to say though, for someone who'se only played 6 games, you know your stuff
    • Field hospitals maybe, medics no. This game is played on a minimum of regiment scale. Medics were integrated into these units. Field hospitals are also integrated into the game, in the background. That's why units slowly regenerate when stationed in friendly provinces.
    • Sure field hospitals had some effect on units recovering their combat effectiveness but I think I was a larger logistical effort of getting replacements to those units and integrating them into the command.

They should just add an option for this that requires other resources then gold; and takes time.
    • Good point made historically. On top of that, there is also the in game stand point. It would be extremely annoying if stacks of unit attacks my border and by the time i gather units to fight back, they have already regenerated and could beat my troops all over again.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Emperor Im wrote:

newbgamer101 wrote:

Or if we went a slightly more complicated route, a reinforcement-ish unit similar to militia which had to be produced in a province then marched to the damaged unit. Possibly, militia could even be given this extra ability.
      Would finally make militia useful.
      Or if we went a slightly more complicated route, a reinforcement-ish unit similar to militia which had to be produced in a province then marched to the damaged unit. Possibly, militia could even be given this extra ability.

Emperor Im wrote:

Would finally make militia useful.
      About everyone advertises it in the forum manuals though
    • Tgufyru wrote:

suggested and turned down many time , this is one of the if not the most suggested thing.
      Any idea why this suggestion is turned down? I suspect it could be due to their business model and not wanting to take away from players spending gold to help their units recover faster. Perhaps the developers could consider adding it as an option for the high command players.