How to lose LESS units (or play better), 1.5 update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to lose LESS units (or play better), 1.5 update

So I saw BMfox's thread and it sounded more like a 1.0 passive guide, as it sounds like a "do not not engage" strategy and a disregard of Doctrines.

If you're reading this BMfox, then try to understand that not every nation would be the same, especially Historic World War and 73 Historic map. Also understand that some of your points still hold, but others don't.

Power Doctrine:

Utilize motorized infantry and medium tanks for offensives. Attack bombers become close to anti-tank artillery level. AA artillery can serve as a decent improv AT unit. Use militias for defense and infantry for frontline defence.
      Remember, the 10% hp&dmg bonus definitely makes all units better, so other unmodified units can be viable.

Optimization Doctrine:

Not a lot of good buffs to this doctrine, especially land units. Do try to utilize for ground units: Commando's, SP artillery and the rocket artillery branch. Invest in tac bombers and interceptors in the air branch; develop destroyers and batteships for the navy. (unless you're the dutch in HWW, in this case cruiser is fine)
      The -10% mobility makes this doctrine the slowest of the four, so fast vehicles are preferred. Use heavy tanks at your discretion.

Unless absolutely necessarry, do not invest in militia of this doctrine.

Quanity Doctrine:

Makes militia a must-have in this doctrine. Infantry also is fine (just don't rely this more than the militia). Use regular artillery for slow advancements and defense and SP rocket artillery for offense. Don't bother with heavy tanks (unless you want to); AT artillery can do well against tanks. Air force should be a low priority unless too much enemy air force. Cruiser is fine to naval production.
      With -10% dmg in exchange for cheaper production and upkeep, produce more to compensate.

Surprise Doctrine:

A doctrine that focuses on terrain and early war units. Militias here are viable, but infantry is great, assuming this isn't plains 1v1 with a Power Doctrine infantry. Artillery can now serve more as a univeral ground range unit. Armored car and light tank of this doctrine are objectively the best out of the doctrines (Don't rely on them too much). As for the navy, the battleship is king. With the air force, interceptors are equal to tac bombers on equal level.
      This doctrine makes all units go fast, with hp being lower. Reccomend upgrading your units (if possible) to mitigate this debuff

Feel free if I missed anything.
    • Therworldtube wrote:

Just remember how doctrines work.
      Please note that that guide is mainly written for beginners. If I would specialize per doctrine most readers would be lost. I made a good one size fits all. Afterwards it's to the players to adapt and to bring it into practice with their proper experience like you did.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Therworldtube wrote:

Just remember how doctrines work.
      Please note that that guide is mainly written for beginners. If I would specialize per doctrine most readers would be lost. I made a good one size fits all. Afterwards it's to the players to adapt and to bring it into practice with their proper experience like you did.
      I'd say it's those who passed the beginnership, but are still rather rookies.