I fear my time playing Call of War is over. Here is why.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I fear my time playing Call of War is over. Here is why.

I really enjoy this game. Not only that I was really good at it. Until this past week I was running a legit 24+ K/D ratio had won 15 of 18 games by solo or coalition victories. Had hooked up with a great bunch of guys that were also very very good at the game. Now some of you will say. Your slinging gold if you have those numbers. No. We really weren't. We had a ton of gold from winning, and yes we watched our fair share of boring commercials to collect the daily stuff. Did we use some from time to time? Absolutely. Need a boost to get the game going when resources were tough. Sure...we would drop 2500 to get some extra resources or maybe push the level 1 tac bombers through research to get them into production quicker at the start. But nothing we did was obscene as the reason why I will no longer play this game.

My last game we ran into a player who threw gold at everything! I literally mean everything. When I declared war on him I had planes over one of his units in a urban province. Right when I declared war I got a highly toxic message in my inbox, and then all of the sudden. My planes were over a 10 stack of aa, medium tanks, tank destroyers, and motorized infantry. The province also magically popped up a level 3 bunker. It only got worse from then on. He went through my entire core and used the 3950 gold espionage button to destroy all my buildings. It took him around 12 pushes to do that. If he saw a plane...he destroyed the base it came from with the same key. He wiped out my economy with the espionage button. When he ran into a 10 stack of infantry in city where they get 50% bonus and he had arty all around. He golded off two ten stacks of bombers. Despite the fact that I also had tons of aa in those stacks. He put them over top, and gold healed them every 15 minutes for about 3 hours straight until my units died. It was ridiculous, and long after I was wiped out of the game. He continued to do it to my 3 other friends that were in the game. He easily dropped 300k gold in the space of 2-3 days. What do you do? Other than open your own wallet to fight him? Which I will not do. That is not a competition of skill. It's a competition of who has deeper pockets.

Bottom line is this. I get that Bytro needs ways to make money and keep their games going. At the same time they need to make a effort to make the playing field even for all those playing. Put a cap on daily gold spending in each game! That seems to be the simplest way, but I'm not a game developer and don't pretend to have the answer. At the same time I know that spending up to 3 weeks playing one game and winning only to have it bought away from me by some whale is not worth my time. That should never be allowed to happen in a game. Which is why I have decided that I will leave the game until it gets a fix or if it doesn't I will not return. Enough is enough. Plenty of players have posted about this over and over again for a long time here. It's time to take action Bytro!
    • Bytro's policy on this is incomprehensible, but they have stated over and over again that they won't change it. Greed to milk these whales apparently overcomes the frustration and departure of lesser spenders.
      The only thing you can do when you meet one of these cases, is throw the towel and start your next game. And to be honest, there aren't THAT many of these extreme whales around; you can play dozens of rounds before one of them spoils a game like this.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • While I agree with your take on that. They are few and far between. Still not worth it to me. You invest too much time into these games and then all the sudden two weeks into a battle you run into one of these guys and they steal it away from you. While it is rare to have it happen. It does still happen, and then you wasted two weeks. I expect nothing from my post. They won't change anything to cut into their income, but throwing the idea out there for that 1 in a billion chance that maybe someone will come up with an idea to make it better. Sure why not. You got to buy the lottery ticket to have a chance. Basically what my post was. Buying that lottery ticket. LOL