Doctrines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Many of us know about core bonuses, terrain bonuses, units countered but another aspect of the game we sometimes forget about is doctrines, if we took a survey 30% of players don't even know about doctrines, 70% of them wouldn't know the specialty of each doctrine and only 5% of us use the doctrine to our advantage. Each of which provides different buffs/nerfs which if used rightly can turn the tide of the battle. Not only combat but even your research, production, specialization and economy depends a lot on your doctrine, for example if you don't try to use the terrain bonus to your advantage with Pan-Asian(any doctrine for this matter) you'r not making use of a huge bonus, if you keep all your units low level with Allies you missed you opportunity to have the latest and highest tech army. In this guide I will cover various tips of each doctrine such as what units to use, your combat styles, research and even economic management. This week I will be covering the Comitern doctrine.

Comitern-
      With a stable economy early game and a weak starting army it's better you keep to yourself for a few days. Try not to attack a player on day 1/2 unless he has already attacked another Player country and is losing troops. You should be able to take a few AI's on day 2 and then attack a player only on day 3. Now lets talk about the buffs and debuffs.

Buffs and nerfs
      15% reduction in production cost- This allows you to build more troops early on.
      25% reduction of upkeep- It is always good to upgrade your troops instead of building new ones. When you have a higher level troops your speed, Hp and damage increase but not your upkeep, some player as Comitern decide to build many level 1 troops and not upgrade them at all, If you ask me I would say that even as Comitern it is good to upgrade your troops I will explain in detail below.
      10% reduction in damage- I will explain in detail below.

All these signal to me that, Comitern is good not only late game but also early game. Your brain ask how!!!! It's obvious that Comitern has good economy so will be good late game, bad damage so bad early game right?. Wrong! Now listen carefully.
      Let's take an example, you are Comitern and your Enemy is Axis, no terrain..ect just a straight up close combat fight.
      In terms of equal resources- You can produce 5 infantry, and your opponent 3 infantry, both are attacking.

You have a larger army so have more HP and deal more damage this is the law - an x times larger army has x^2 more strength and has x times more cost so has an x times better fight in terms of resources. This however changes late game when SBDE comes into play- You have 15units and your opponent 10. Due to the bounds of SBDE your opponents army is now stronger.

Same thing applies to low level and high level units , when the armies start to reach SBDE the high level army gets an advantage before SBDE the low level units have an advantage and since by the time level differences start to matter, stack's will be near 10units, even as Comitern upgrading units is more beneficial. Even with the 25% reduction upkeep is still a big thing.

The next part of Comitern will come soon. Each doctrine has 3 parts and then a play through.
      Wanna know about doctrines? This is the ultimate guide.

Doctrines

The post was edited 2 times, last by GeneralASWalter ().

• The beginning of the guide was good, but I guess the enthusiasm for it withered away...

I think I'll take it upon myself to make a new guide all about doctrines. Won't promise a date, but I'll try and finish as soon as I can ^^
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7