State-based damage efficiency

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hmmm, I never even noticed this before! Thanks for pointing it out.

In looking at my own units, my infantry have a damage efficiency of 72% to 76% but tanks have 98-100%.

I got a shock when I looked at my artillery stack with 17 artillery units - it registered as only 64% efficiency! However, when I divided the stack into two separate stacks of 8 and 9 units, the efficiency suddenly jumped in both stacks to 98%. So unless that is due to a bug, it appears that the damage efficiency attribute may have something to do with the numbe of units in a stack, with the efficiency dropping off as more units are added - at least for some weapon types.
    • Call of war doesn't have a manual yet does it?

Anyhow, yes you are correct that some unit types in Supremacy lose efficiency depending on the number in the stack, so the "damage efficiency" attribute in this game may be an expression of the same thing. Although "state-based" isn't exactly an intuitive description ...
    • Joe Bentleigh wrote:

Call of war doesn't have a manual yet does it?

Anyhow, yes you are correct that some unit types in Supremacy lose efficiency depending on the number in the stack, so the "damage efficiency" attribute in this game may be an expression of the same thing. Although "state-based" isn't exactly an intuitive description ...
      Yes your right. I was think state-base meant the country they were from, as in the State of France, but what I think it really mean is its state in the stack of units as in the condition it possesses.
    • I did a few experiments in my games. I had an Air Force stack of 10 Int., 5 Tac Bomb and 2 Strat Bomb. State based efficiency was 50% for Int. and 100% for both types of bombers. I split the planes into a Bomber force and retained the 100% efficiency, and created two Int. squadrons, 4 and 6 planes each. 4 Int. jumped to 100% SBE and the 6 Int. jumped to 66%. I split the six in two and both the smaller squadrons jumped to 100% SBE.

I then looked at my ground forces. I like balanced combined arms so they were all at 98% or better, but when I skewed the balance of ground forces in favor of INF, the INF lost SBE.

I think that SBE is a way to check the efficiency of your armies. I kind of like it as a tool.
      "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
      GEN William Tecumseh Sherman
    • I don't think damage is "evenly distributed", otherwise stacks would lose most of their units at once, rather than one by one.

As for efficiency, it's not just about the number of units you have in a stack, it's also related to the damage they have taken. So, you might have one unit stacked alone so it's not taking any efficiency hit from stacking, but it might have lost half its strength and thus shows at, say, 75% combat efficiency.