Cominterm Combo Counter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cominterm Combo Counter

So I've been favoring the Cominterm doctrine recently due to a combination of troops I've found to be near unstoppable. Heavy tanks with SPAAs, with SPRA trailing behind to deal extra damage / lay siege to dug-in troops, with infantry peppered about. I've discovered that Cominterm heavy tanks become almost immortal at level 3+, and with SPAAs, they cover their weakness to air as well. It leaves me wondering: what's the counter to this tactic? Planes don't work, as even two or three high level SPAAs will bump your army's air defense up to crazy numbers, like ~80. Any form of armor doesn't work, as heavy tanks just barrel through it, especially Cominterm heavy tanks. Infantry doesn't work, as Cominterm infantry + SPRA steamrolls unarmored targets. So how do you go about defending against this tactic?
    • This is a great combination and would be very difficult to beat. I can't think of a combination of ground units that are more efficient than these 3, working together, as Commitern.

If I was playing against someone, and i knew early on in the game that they were using these units, I would create a bunch of:
      Battleships- They can attack your ground units while not being attacked by your rocket artillary, anytime your ground units are near the water.
      Tank Destroyers- I would need a lot of them, but they could do fairly well against your heavy tanks. Tank Destroyers are also a lot faster than heavy tanks, so I might be able to get all my tank destroyers in one area to fight against one stack of your heavy tanks, to create an advantage in terms of number of units in one fight. And then once I took out one stack of your heavy tanks, i would go after another stack of them. I use tank destroyers a lot, but most players do not, so it is unlikely that you will run into a player with a large number of tank destroyers.
      Rail Road Guns- I don't use these, but some players do. I don't know the speed numbers right now, but i would guess that an opponent might be able to "shoot and scoot" with Rail road guns and you might not be able to catch them if they stay in their own territory with the rail road guns and you are chasing them with heavy tanks. In other words, Rail road guns are super slow, but you still might not be able to catch them if you are chasing them in their own territory with heavy tanks, because heavy tanks are slow too.

Normally, artillery and SP artillery are hard to fight against, if the opponent has a lot of them. Your Rocket artillery would do great against them though, so that would not create a problem for you.

One weakness i see is that you don't have anything to see stealth units. When you use this strategy, have you ever run into an opponent that uses a lot of stealth units? If so, how did that work out for you?? Do you struggle a lot against stealth units while using this strategy??
      "First they ignore you, then laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win".- Mahatma Gandhi

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission".- Mahatma Gandhi commenting on his perspective on Call of War.
    • one last thought.... with the tank destroyers, because they are defensive units, a lot would depend on who was attacking and who is defending.

If you had heavy tanks and my stack was not moving, and you attacked my tank destoyers, i would do very well, as long as I had a lot of them.

If i had tank destroyers and was attacking your heavy tanks, I would get crushed.
      "First they ignore you, then laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win".- Mahatma Gandhi

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission".- Mahatma Gandhi commenting on his perspective on Call of War.
    • Mahatma Gandhi2 wrote:

This is a great combination and would be very difficult to beat. I can't think of a combination of ground units that are more efficient than these 3, working together, as Commitern.

If I was playing against someone, and i knew early on in the game that they were using these units, I would create a bunch of:
      Battleships- They can attack your ground units while not being attacked by your rocket artillary, anytime your ground units are near the water.
      Tank Destroyers- I would need a lot of them, but they could do fairly well against your heavy tanks. Tank Destroyers are also a lot faster than heavy tanks, so I might be able to get all my tank destroyers in one area to fight against one stack of your heavy tanks, to create an advantage in terms of number of units in one fight. And then once I took out one stack of your heavy tanks, i would go after another stack of them. I use tank destroyers a lot, but most players do not, so it is unlikely that you will run into a player with a large number of tank destroyers.
      Rail Road Guns- I don't use these, but some players do. I don't know the speed numbers right now, but i would guess that an opponent might be able to "shoot and scoot" with Rail road guns and you might not be able to catch them if they stay in their own territory with the rail road guns and you are chasing them with heavy tanks. In other words, Rail road guns are super slow, but you still might not be able to catch them if you are chasing them in their own territory with heavy tanks, because heavy tanks are slow too.

Normally, artillery and SP artillery are hard to fight against, if the opponent has a lot of them. Your Rocket artillery would do great against them though, so that would not create a problem for you.

One weakness i see is that you don't have anything to see stealth units. When you use this strategy, have you ever run into an opponent that uses a lot of stealth units? If so, how did that work out for you?? Do you struggle a lot against stealth units while using this strategy??
      I typically don't see a lot of stealth troop usage, besides armored cars. I usually don't struggle to fight armored cars due to heavy tanks performing so well against them. Usually if I have to defend I rely on massive bomber stacks, or just the pure might of level 7 infantry and heavy tanks.
      As of tank destroyers, I agree many people do not use them, but that's why I also use infantry, just in case someone is using them.
    • Ethonodon wrote:

I typically don't see a lot of stealth troop usage, besides armored cars. I usually don't struggle to fight armored cars due to heavy tanks performing so well against them. Usually if I have to defend I rely on massive bomber stacks, or just the pure might of level 7 infantry and heavy tanks.As of tank destroyers, I agree many people do not use them, but that's why I also use infantry, just in case someone is using them.
      Infantry is bad against TD, I know TD has bad defense against Unarmored, but even inf has bad offence against TD.
      Wanna know about doctrines? This is the ultimate guide.

Doctrines
    • GeneralASWalter wrote:

Ethonodon wrote:

I typically don't see a lot of stealth troop usage, besides armored cars. I usually don't struggle to fight armored cars due to heavy tanks performing so well against them. Usually if I have to defend I rely on massive bomber stacks, or just the pure might of level 7 infantry and heavy tanks.As of tank destroyers, I agree many people do not use them, but that's why I also use infantry, just in case someone is using them.
      Infantry is bad against TD, I know TD has bad defense against Unarmored, but even inf has bad offence against TD.
      I mean, level 7 infantry has pretty great stats. And factoring in high level barracks, it's cheap and fast to produce.
    • With level 5 tank plants level 3 heavy tanks only take what, ~13 hours to produce? Not that long considering how crazy powerful they are.

Russian Dictator wrote:

Heavy tanks take so long to produce, they are super slow. If the enemy has mass produced heavy tanks you know they will have weaknesses elsewhere.

Heavy tank, SPAA, SPRA + stealth detection (AC or mot inf) very good combo.
      Use strategy to defeat, tactically it's difficult.

Plan for the war not the battle.
    • Russian Dictator wrote:

sure but, you try build 5 level 5 tank plants and have enough resources to have them constantly producing. by the time you have enough income to do that you would have won the game already
      with comintern doctrine resources are not really a problem, or at least not at the same lvl of other doctrines
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • Danieliyoverde123 wrote:

Russian Dictator wrote:

sure but, you try build 5 level 5 tank plants and have enough resources to have them constantly producing. by the time you have enough income to do that you would have won the game already
      with comintern doctrine resources are not really a problem, or at least not at the same lvl of other doctrines
      This. Cominterm makes building a strong economy a lot easier and faster.
    • I’ve been using this strategy as well, but add in one SP artillery for every two SPRA. It’s very effective. I took out three active players in my last game without losing a single unit on the 22 player map. Most of them quit when they saw their casualty ratios in the newspaper of 20 to 1. Loved it.

Even in the early game, it’s very effective because you just produce rocket artillery on day one and send them into the mountains. The slow speed and terrain bonus make it virtually unstoppable as well.
    • Also, to compensate for the slow speed, I used paratroopers simply to take unguarded providences ahead of my advance. Remember when moving through enemy territory you move at half speed.

I’m ending a game now where I have two stacks of 15 units that are unstoppable. 3 heavy tanks, 1 armored car, 3 SP artillery, 6 SP rocket artillery, and 2 SP AA.
    • Ethonodon wrote:

So I've been favoring the Cominterm doctrine recently due to a combination of troops I've found to be near unstoppable. Heavy tanks with SPAAs, with SPRA trailing behind to deal extra damage / lay siege to dug-in troops, with infantry peppered about. I've discovered that Cominterm heavy tanks become almost immortal at level 3+, and with SPAAs, they cover their weakness to air as well. It leaves me wondering: what's the counter to this tactic? Planes don't work, as even two or three high level SPAAs will bump your army's air defense up to crazy numbers, like ~80. Any form of armor doesn't work, as heavy tanks just barrel through it, especially Cominterm heavy tanks. Infantry doesn't work, as Cominterm infantry + SPRA steamrolls unarmored targets. So how do you go about defending against this tactic?
      Your entire stack will get wrecked by AT guns... and you won't even see them in the City or Forest.