Worst Event ever

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Worst Event ever

So after 5 years of play and enjoying many different events, I have found the Team Up event to be the WORST EVENT EVER!

It would have been an enjoyable event except that the number of inactive players turned the game into a hell of defending against both the few active Human players and the now released AI controlled nations. Under normal circumstance I find the AI nations to be little challenge but when faced with enemy AIs on multiple fronts due to inactive players as enemies AND Human players on additional fronts its just isn't fun. The AIs that take over as my "Teammates" do NOT play as teammates would and help defend or give supplies if needed but the AIs that take over as enemies DO play as enemies attacking and diverting troops needed to defeat active enemy players. I know my enemies have the same issues with players going inactive but by being an active player and not going inactive I feel like the game is punishing me. As I cannot chose my allies nor my enemies in this event lets remove the AIs from the equation and make them strictly defensive AIs.

For example on one map I am playing I am French Sudan, in Africa it is 9 nations vs 9 nations, except now that players start going inactive. I am now one player vs 3 or 4 active player nations and 6 AI controlled nations (the additional nation is from a human player controlled nation in the Middle East.) Now to say that trying to fight and defend my "Teammates" from Human players and my nation from AI attacks is getting to be just a little to much is a gross understatement.

My 2nd map is even worse as Persia, after defending and defeating 2 human players in 3 days and having a 3rd active player nation engage in harassing attacks I am surrounded by now AI controlled enemy nations (from Asia and Russia) that are flooding into my territory on my flanks while I am still engaged with now 2 active player nations in Russia. This is ignoring the active players in Europe that are moving into my 4 "Allies" now controlled by AIs.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel