Travel glitch - units backtracking or veering off course

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Travel glitch - units backtracking or veering off course

I'm having frequent issues with my traveling units mysteriously detouring to undirected "snap points" (not sure what to call them, but this problem happens with province centers, ocean pivot points, and borders between provinces). I'll give the unit/stack an order to travel, only to check back later and see that it has veered off course to tap a snap point that I never directed it to go towards. It always hits that point and returns back to the path I've directed it to travel, but unless I catch it in the act it usually adds a ton of time to my travel times.

It's so frequent (and happens on both mobile and PC) that I assume it's a known glitch, but didn't know what to search for to find a thread about it. Is there a known solution? I've lost several units due to this and it's incredibly frustrating to check back in and have a unit locked in battle on some travel segment that I never sent it to. Even in the best case scenario where I'm not running to or from battle, it still costs my units minutes or hours in travel time for no reason at all.
    • This is slightly different--it's not about routing weird ways, it's about taking a set route and randomly adding segments to it while units are already traveling.

Seriously, I'm in my first 100 right now and I've caught instances of it at least 10 times today. It's so, so frustrating, and the issue is clearly amplified by the long distances I have to travel on this map. I had a ship convoy add a segment that caused an additional 6 hours of travel, which is an absurd amount of time to waste on a glitch. The impetus for coming back here is an instance where it just cost me a city--I was going to beat an enemy unit to the city center by ~10 minutes. Check back in, and my detour cost me the city and therefore turned me from a defending unit to an attacking unit, costing me the unit as well.

Edit: I've added an image of yet another instance. In this case, my battleship and destroyer were traveling along the same path--from the same port to the same meetup. Green is the path they were directed on. Red is the detour that my destroyer decided to take for no particular reason.
      Images
      • detour.jpg

256.66 kB, 1,676×750, viewed 5 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by jubjub bird ().

• And AGAIN now, for the second time in the past hour with this unit! This is getting ridiculous and has already cost me over an hour, just trying to capture this city!

I wonder if it's getting worse as my number of units grows (currently ~200), each of which is on a journey of some sort.
      Images
      • detour2.jpg

271.78 kB, 1,531×779, viewed 8 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by jubjub bird ().

• I think I have more information on the glitch. No closer to understanding cause, but at least a bit about mechanics. I happened to be watching a stack today as it crossed a border from one province to another. After it moved a bit off the border line I noticed it had a 'path highlight' (the dashed line indicating where a unit is going) trailing it, connected to the province border. I checked the ETA, and sure enough it was 2 hours higher than it had been a few minutes before. I assume this means that the extra leg that glitched onto the stack's path generated when it crossed the border.

It's still incredibly frustrating. Had I not been paying attention to that stack (just because it was an artillery unit and I was watching as it approached range) it would have added an additional 2 hours to travel time, which would completely screw up my timing.

Please look into this.
    • Another bug that is reintroduce frequently.
      The Beta 22 player maps have another movement bug:
      after selecting move, attack, patrol, .....
      the arrow to the next position disapears, and you
      have to start over. sometimes the end position
      is no where near the point where the cursor was clicked.