The Tank Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Tank Question

Which of these tanks suit your strategy? 15
        Medium Tanks (9) 60%
        Light Tanks (5) 33%
        Heavy Tanks (1) 7%
      I have a question and guys this time for tanks. These units are effective as a tip of the spear of your offensive. Depending on the armor types they have and the doctrine they shine in their roles. However, which of these tank types do you usually use? How do you use them in your strategies and how much do you upgrade/research these units?

I have had problems with my tank strategy lately. I usually have one set of strategies in research and production regardless of the doctrine. I would like to ask for some help regarding these matters.

My problem recently is that...

For commiterm medium tank is good.

Axis medium is the best.

Pan-Asian medium sucks

Allied medium is so-so.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Lately I prefer the Comintern doctrine. Heavy tanks is the best way to deal with other tanks. They are very slow moving so having a handful of motorized infantry, light tanks, or armored cars to complement works well. However the main unit I prefer is the SP rocket artillery. Keeping a few heavy tanks in the stack is primarily to keep them from getting rushed.
    • comintern and Axis units are generally of same pace. Tanks can easily act as a weight / force to drive offensives down in Comintern and Axis.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Light tanks are great for the speed, when levelled up light tanks become very strong....

Medium Tanks are strong, extremely good for Axis.. But has slow speed, when leveled up, it becomes a fortress...

Heavy tanks are extremely strong, good for comintern... Very strong at level 1, god in higher levels...

I prefer Light tanks, mainly because of the speed.
      The Saviour
    • LT are fast and if high level best used for running through countries without opposition(my opinion)

MT are best for assisting and spearheading assaults as they have a combination of speed and power

HT are best for either defending or attacking key positions, launching their own assaults, or bringing em in when the going gets hard
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

comintern and Axis units are generally of same pace. Tanks can easily act as a weight / force to drive offensives down in Comintern and Axis.
      You still alive? I haven't heard you in ages!

Anyway, my games recently are in Pan-Asian and I am having a hard time thinking which tanks is the best in this doctrine. Maybe I shall scrap tanks and consider with Anti-tank guns or Tank Destroyers.

6thDragon wrote:

Lately I prefer the Comintern doctrine. Heavy tanks is the best way to deal with other tanks. They are very slow moving so having a handful of motorized infantry, light tanks, or armored cars to complement works well. However the main unit I prefer is the SP rocket artillery. Keeping a few heavy tanks in the stack is primarily to keep them from getting rushed.
      I prefer conventional weapons but I will try with the secret branch. I haven't got used to using the secret branch actually.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • the onl6 good tanks in Pan asian are Armoured Cars and light tanks.
      Heavy tanks can be a good Combination since iy generally has the same speed as most of your other units in a normal pan asian playstyle.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Lately I prefer the Comintern doctrine. Heavy tanks is the best way to deal with other tanks. They are very slow moving so having a handful of motorized infantry, light tanks, or armored cars to complement works well. However the main unit I prefer is the SP rocket artillery. Keeping a few heavy tanks in the stack is primarily to keep them from getting rushed.
      Heavy tanks are the best way to ATTACK enemy tanks... that's it.

TD and AT are better defending especially in the city.

Pan Asian TD also are better attacking in the city than Heavy Tanks due to terrain boost.
    • Heinrici wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Heavy tanks are the best way to ATTACK enemy tanks... that's it.
      TD and AT are better defending especially in the city.

Pan Asian TD also are better attacking in the city than Heavy Tanks due to terrain boost.
      Wanna know about doctrines? This is the ultimate guide.

Doctrines