Refueling time with higher level Aircraft Carriers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aircraft Carriers gain the ability to carry more planes from leveling up giving them both would be OP. Plus carrier based aircraft should be patrolling which requires no refueling time.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • I disagree. Since the beginning of carrier aviation, the time it takes to refuel and rearm and aircraft has steadily dropped. At first, it was from better training of deck crews. Then it was a combination of improved carrier designs and better training. During WW2, the US Navy developed the technique still known as hot-servicing, where an aircraft is refueled and rearmed in less than 10 minutes, while its engines are still running. I don't see why it would be OP to give them something they have in reality. It's one of the reasons carriers ended the domination of the Battleship.
    • tiger290 wrote:

I disagree. Since the beginning of carrier aviation, the time it takes to refuel and rearm and aircraft has steadily dropped. At first, it was from better training of deck crews. Then it was a combination of improved carrier designs and better training. During WW2, the US Navy developed the technique still known as hot-servicing, where an aircraft is refueled and rearmed in less than 10 minutes, while its engines are still running. I don't see why it would be OP to give them something they have in reality. It's one of the reasons carriers ended the domination of the Battleship.
      I agree with you, but they could not drop it by 10 mins every level since there are more than 3 levels so I suggest maybe lowering it 5 mins every level.
    • Ivan Bukovec, You're kidding, right? Have you totally missed what tactical air support is capable of? Naval aviation ENDED the reign of the battleship. Modern tactical air support is second only to artillery in the number of soldiers and equipment killed. And nothing, nothing, is more terrifying than knowing a Warthog has turned in hot on your position.