Tips/ Gameplay

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tips/ Gameplay

I have played several games like this, and they all behave differently.

so im wondering if theres any tips or suggestions yet as to set up, ie. where certain buildings go, how to increase RSS production, what each building does, how many barracks to build, how units work... things like that.
      we get the basics down and then we can move on to units researches and maneuvers.

i know we are all new here so i think this would help us master, or at least get a better grasp of what are doing so we can help others. :thumbup:

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
      J. Robert Oppenheimer
    • Well, given that only certain provinces produce resources, it's probably a good idea to start upgrading those first with infrastructure/port, whichever is more geographically advantageous.

The expensive industrial complexes are already built in most cities, so it could be a good idea to specialize each of those in production of one type of unit through selective building upgrades(infrastructure for armour, port for naval, air base for aircraft), although it is probably a good idea to have at least an L1 barracks in those as well.

And for now, barracks can't produce infantry without an industrial complex, so it isn't a good idea to put them everywhere, for they aren't equivalent to s1914's recruiting offices. Furthermore, the only passive benefit to having barracks is the 5% manpower production increase, but I don't think that is worth the 200 grain per day(8.33 per hour), except in provinces where the base manpower production is already very high.

The post was edited 2 times, last by narf0708 ().

• If you have colonies, I would say build barracks there so you can bulk build militia and send it to the front from a safeish area. If you have any islands with two provinces, turn one of the provinces into an area where you can build a navy. Use the cities to build armour and provinces that do not produce resources to produce militia and infantry. Make sure to heavily upgrade the provinces that produce rare material. Some research only requires one hour so do those first then research cruisers and then after that work on tanks and arty.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• One thing to remember about Barracks is they also contribute to what is called your Manpower resource. So even though they may not be built where factories are they can contribute to the overall man power of your country. I am not sure what happens if your manpower goes negative or to zero.
    • if it anything like supremacy 1914, you either need to have a set number of points to win or theres only 3 active players left, at which time they can vote to end it. so really theres no set amount of time a game can last. as for the quickest game... i havent seen anybody post a victory yet so i have no clue.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
      J. Robert Oppenheimer
    • Anyone have an opinion on militia? They seem like a useless unit to me as they are much weaker than a standard infantry unit and actually cost more in manpower to build and more of everything to upkeep. Their only advantages are that their initial supply cost is half that of infantry and they are faster to build.

I find it hard to imagine any circumstances where I'd want to build these except in an extreme emergency, and if you were in that much trouble you'd probably be heading for defeat anyhow.
    • Is it worth it to build infrastructure in core single resource provinces at the start of the game? In supreamcy1914 I don't usually do this since conquered providence provide 100% resource.

While in this game non-core provinces only provide 25% of resource so maybe it's important to build up the core provines sooner.
    • Hypersion wrote:

Is it worth it to build infrastructure in core single resource provinces at the start of the game? In supreamcy1914 I don't usually do this since conquered providence provide 100% resource.

While in this game non-core provinces only provide 25% of resource so maybe it's important to build up the core provines sooner.
      Resources are more limited in this game so you may not be able to afford building up infra in your core provinces right away. However, you should probably do it as soon as you can afford it, at least in provinces with resources you are short of. And later on, you will need higher level infra to build higher level units anyway.
    • Militia are really great when you need infantry in a hurry and have little to spend on it except raw manpower. In combat they are perfectly usable (if a bit slow) when supported by armoured cars. They are absolutely perfect as a cheap garrison to hold down a newly conquered province. Using cheap militia as garrisons means you can move the stronger and faster regular infantry elsewhere.

I love militia!
    • l_c_jackson wrote:

Militia are really great when you need infantry in a hurry and have little to spend on it except raw manpower. In combat they are perfectly usable (if a bit slow) when supported by armoured cars. They are absolutely perfect as a cheap garrison to hold down a newly conquered province. Using cheap militia as garrisons means you can move the stronger and faster regular infantry elsewhere.

I love militia!
      I can't see any reason why you'd ever want to build militia, except maybe if you want to build a unit extra quick for some emergency and couldn't build anything else. They cost more to build and maintain than infantry in both grain and manpower, have far inferior combat stats, have only 10 hitpoints to infantry's 15, and are slower than infantry.

Much better to spend a few more hours building an infantry unit IMO - a unit that is actually useful. And even if you are in a terrific hurry, you can build an AA unit in the same time, or an AT unit in only 2 hours longer.