British Odisha and Calcutta

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• British Odisha and Calcutta

Hello everybody, I just wanted to point out a few mistakes made by the Cal of War developers in Eastern India. I have nothing against them, the have made a wonderful game but it has some mistakes.

In some balanced maps like Pacific Conquest and World at War, there is a playable country with five cities named British Odisha. It consists of the real world states of Odisha, Bengal, Sikkim, Bihar and parts of Jharkand. The 1 city non playable country of Bangladesh lies to its East. This was a background for those who never played British Odisha.

The Name British Odisha is not appropiate. As the Name and Flag suggests, It is or was a British Colony. The British had landed in Bengal and there headquarters were in Calcutta, Bengal. Bengal was far more valuable than Odisha to the British. Hence the name should be British Bengal or British East India(Actual name).

Now on to the next thing, the city of Calcutta. in HWW, the city of Calcutta is on the coast of the Bay of Bengal. This is wrong. Calcutta is on the banks of the Hoogly river( a tributary of the Ganges).

What about the balanced maps? In the Balanced maps, Calcutta is a rural Province in Bangladesh. It should be a city in British Odisha, if not THE Capital of British Odisha.

I hope the Call of War team looks into this. Thank You.
    • As far as I know, I googled this and found out that....

The Capital Region of British Odisha is currently a city called "Balasore".

Its population is currently 144 thousand.

It isn't a port city, nor is Calcutta.

I also searched for the historic importance of the city.... But found out Calcutta is far more important and its population currently is 14 million.

A forum user @Emperor Imr Im told in a thread that it was the capital of British controlled India. I looked it up, and its true....

But I also found this

Odisha is a state is India.

Calcutta isn't a part of it, and is closer to Bangladesh rather than India.

So I think this isn't needed to be changed.

Panjim

Panjim is a city with the similar problem, it is included in the Dharwar province in India, while it should be in Portugal, as it was controlled by them for more than 400 years.... It should be a 1 city AI in WaW maps.
      The Saviour
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

As far as I know, I googled this and found out that....

I also searched for the historic importance of the city.... But found out Calcutta is far more important and its population currently is 14 million.

A forum user @Emperor Imr Im told in a thread that it was the capital of British controlled India. I looked it up, and its true....

But I also found this

Panjim

Panjim is a city with the similar problem, it is included in the Dharwar province in India, while it should be in Portugal, as it was controlled by them for more than 400 years.... It should be a 1 city AI in WaW maps.
      Bruh, I am Emperor Im.
      Noob
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

As far as I know, I googled this and found out that....

But I also found this

Panjim

If you googled it, you would have also found out that Calcutta was renamed to Kolkata after India's Independence, and Kolkata is the capital of the state of West Bengal.

And as I stated. The country British Odisha contains of

Emperor Im wrote:

the real world states of Odisha, West Bengal, Sikkim, Bihar and parts of Jharkand.

:wallbash :wallbash :wallbash
      Noob