AI Popularity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• previously only used for elite games, now standard for all games, it has an improved diplomacy system. He no longer stands still watching the player invade 8 nations simultaneously and wait for his turn to invade but rather simulate how another player should behave in that situation. He will call trade embargoes on you and declare war depending on how threatened he feels. To avoid these situations you have to be less warmonger, do a lot of trade on the market or declare war before attacking. He has a system of his own to judge how much he "trusts" you, trying to simulate how a player would behave seeing someone making war and his army quantity constantly increases I give a practical example but obviously the concept is important and not the numbers since the latter are placed "at random" to easily explain complex codification formulas: at the start of the game you are 100 with confidence with all nations, if you attack without declaring war it drops by -30, if you attack by declaring it drops by -15. If you amass troops it has a -1 for every 2 units, if you put a trade or buy a trade they give you +3, if you are attacked it gets a +5 of friendship and support, if it is attacked without the declaration it gets a +10; If it is below 50 the AI puts you embargoes, if it is below 40 it declares war, if it shares the transition to the AI it gives +10 if it provides the maps to the AI you get +20 etc etc. Due to the distance there is a multiplier of factors (if you are Canada, for example, Turkey does not care if it invades Cuba. But Morocco may already be interested, so the multiplier will be higher)
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • Spiffolo- This is great information, thank you for sharing.

One question....What do you mean when you say if a country "shares the transition to the AI it gives +10%"?
      Specifically, I don't know what the term "shares the transition" means....How do you "share the transition" with AI??
      "First they ignore you, then laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win".- Mahatma Gandhi

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission".- Mahatma Gandhi commenting on his perspective on Call of War.
    • yahya_ wrote:

It's day 12 of my HWW game and almost each relationship I have with every country is trade embargo and my popularity is at an all time low. Can someone suggest a strategy on how i can raise my popularity?

thanks.

photo here

I always give all AI share map on day 1, and always embargo, then declare war, then attack. I also give share map or RoW to all player nations who turn AI. It also tends to help.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Spiffolo wrote:

previously only used for elite games, now standard for all games, it has an improved diplomacy system. He no longer stands still watching the player invade 8 nations simultaneously and wait for his turn to invade but rather simulate how another player should behave in that situation. He will call trade embargoes on you and declare war depending on how threatened he feels. To avoid these situations you have to be less warmonger, do a lot of trade on the market or declare war before attacking. He has a system of his own to judge how much he "trusts" you, trying to simulate how a player would behave seeing someone making war and his army quantity constantly increases I give a practical example but obviously the concept is important and not the numbers since the latter are placed "at random" to easily explain complex codification formulas: at the start of the game you are 100 with confidence with all nations, if you attack without declaring war it drops by -30, if you attack by declaring it drops by -15. If you amass troops it has a -1 for every 2 units, if you put a trade or buy a trade they give you +3, if you are attacked it gets a +5 of friendship and support, if it is attacked without the declaration it gets a +10; If it is below 50 the AI puts you embargoes, if it is below 40 it declares war, if it shares the transition to the AI it gives +10 if it provides the maps to the AI you get +20 etc etc. Due to the distance there is a multiplier of factors (if you are Canada, for example, Turkey does not care if it invades Cuba. But Morocco may already be interested, so the multiplier will be higher)
      So, what's the difference between attack with or without declaring war ?
      If I declare war first, and attack 1 minute later, is that declared or not ?
    • obmar45 wrote:

So, what's the difference between attack with or without declaring war ?If I declare war first, and attack 1 minute later, is that declared or not ?
      If you attack without declaring war than you surprise attack. With each surprise attack your popularity drops with 25%
      Do this 4 times and the AI will declare war as you will have a very low popularity.
      If you declare war and attack straight after you won't get this high penalty. However with each nation that you attack your popularity will drop with about 5%.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • CoW is primarily an arcade game. Very few players last more
      than a few days in any game.
      The "popularity" gimmick is used as a basis
      for the arcade countries to participate in an active
      attack role, rather than just passively building up
      units that they are not programmed to use.
    • Spiffolo wrote:

previously only used for elite games, now standard for all games, it has an improved diplomacy system. He no longer stands still watching the player invade 8 nations simultaneously and wait for his turn to invade but rather simulate how another player should behave in that situation. He will call trade embargoes on you and declare war depending on how threatened he feels. To avoid these situations you have to be less warmonger, do a lot of trade on the market or declare war before attacking. He has a system of his own to judge how much he "trusts" you, trying to simulate how a player would behave seeing someone making war and his army quantity constantly increases I give a practical example but obviously the concept is important and not the numbers since the latter are placed "at random" to easily explain complex codification formulas: at the start of the game you are 100 with confidence with all nations, if you attack without declaring war it drops by -30, if you attack by declaring it drops by -15. If you amass troops it has a -1 for every 2 units, if you put a trade or buy a trade they give you +3, if you are attacked it gets a +5 of friendship and support, if it is attacked without the declaration it gets a +10; If it is below 50 the AI puts you embargoes, if it is below 40 it declares war, if it shares the transition to the AI it gives +10 if it provides the maps to the AI you get +20 etc etc. Due to the distance there is a multiplier of factors (if you are Canada, for example, Turkey does not care if it invades Cuba. But Morocco may already be interested, so the multiplier will be higher)
      I have a question: If you declare war to a very agressive country, does your popularity goes up? In my game, I attacked Turkey (that had very low popularity and was attacking like 5 countries), and it seemed my popularity went a bit up.
    • mathricc wrote:

Spiffolo wrote:

I have a question: If you declare war to a very agressive country, does your popularity goes up? In my game, I attacked Turkey (that had very low popularity and was attacking like 5 countries), and it seemed my popularity went a bit up.
      I'm pretty sure it does.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!