Commandeering Planes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Commandeering Planes

Do you agree with this idea? 16
        Yes (9) 56%
        No (6) 38%
        I don't know (1) 6%
      I have been thinking of this because of a bug which I have reported. When you attack an airfield that has planes there, you must fight them and kill them. Instead of this, bug or otherwise, we should be able to capture the enemy aircraft and use them ourselves. This would be historically accurate. During WWII everything except for a few early types of British tanks was captured and re-used. If people like the idea, I will post how accurate this really was as people seem to skim over long, important posts.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• I've never heard about planes capturing airfileds in WWII. Can you copy your research? I'm curious.

I guess it wouldn't be good for gameplay purposes, how can I conquer an airifled without taking the whole province, so complex.
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • Oh no, I described it wrong! What I really meant is that LAND UNITS attack an airfield GARRISONED BY aircraft that are THEN captured and USED AGAINST the original PRODUCER OF THE AIRCRAFT.

1. Friendly land units attack enemy airfield
      2. Enemy airplanes stationed on airfield are captured albeit in a damaged state
      3. Enemy airplanes are now friendly and can be repaired and used against the enemy

I really hope I made this clear.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Oh no, I described it wrong! What I really meant is that LAND UNITS attack an airfield GARRISONED BY aircraft that are THEN captured and USED AGAINST the original PRODUCER OF THE AIRCRAFT.

1. Friendly land units attack enemy airfield
      2. Enemy airplanes stationed on airfield are captured albeit in a damaged state
      3. Enemy airplanes are now friendly and can be repaired and used against the enemy

I really hope I made this clear.
      Aahh...

Sure! It would be very nice, but no one would go sleep and abandon planes in atacked provinces, so it would work only for very especific cases, I think.

I like that idea.
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Yes, that is even better! Maybe a higher chance though, since I think planes were ordered to be destroyed by the men at the top e.g. us.
      I don't think people on the ground would wait for the higher ups for that decision and if they did then those men betray their country by giving planes, ships, tanks, guns, and supplies to the enemy just because they "waited" that's why we have high ranking offices in the front-lines for all tactical decision.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day