Maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So far I've only played on the Clash of Nations and and Blitzkreig maps. I'm looking for something different on my next game. I like how the Clash of Nations starts everyone the same in terms of technology level, core cities, and starting units. However the sheer number of starting players dropping off after four or five days takes a lot of the challenge out of it, but I imagine this is true for many maps.

I see the World at War map, but am a little intimidated by the length of time I imagine the typical game must last. Otherwise, is this like Clash of Nations where everyone starts off relatively the same?

What about the 1939 Historic World War? I imagine this is similar to the Blitzkreig map, but on a global level with 30 players.

What about the Pacific or America Homefront maps? What are those like to play on?

Any recommendations?
    • As for your Assumption on WaW and HWW you are correct. However HWW is much more unbalanced than Blitzkrieg.

As for pacific abd homefront map, They are basically Clash maps with 50 players (new players even spawn there sometimes)
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I’ve played a few games on the Pacific map now and like that one. I really don’t care for the allied doctrine so the home front map doesn’t appeal to me as that is the majority of the nations.

Strange question. For the world maps, do they truly wrap around the globe? For example could you have a ship sail around the planet? I know on the other maps I’ve played, there is always an edge of the map. For example Russian Empire on the Clash of Nations map or Tomsk Siberia on the Pacific map.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I’ve played a few games on the Pacific map now and like that one. I really don’t care for the allied doctrine so the home front map doesn’t appeal to me as that is the majority of the nations.

Strange question. For the world maps, do they truly wrap around the globe? For example could you have a ship sail around the planet? I know on the other maps I’ve played, there is always an edge of the map. For example Russian Empire on the Clash of Nations map or Tomsk Siberia on the Pacific map.
      You are correct. I'd recommend you join at least 1 world at war map, it's different from other maps in that way. HWW is also a good alternative to that. HWW has the power balancing of the actual WW2 era. So, for example, Peru won't be as powerful as the US. Try to join one that has the min amount of players on it. A bit OP? Very, but fun? Yes. (unless you get a nation that suck if so then RIP)
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• henry76 wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

So far I've only played on the Clash of Nations and and Blitzkreig maps. I'm looking for something different on my next game. I like how the Clash of Nations starts everyone the same in terms of technology level, core cities, and starting units. However the sheer number of starting players dropping off after four or five days takes a lot of the challenge out of it, but I imagine this is true for many maps.

I see the World at War map, but am a little intimidated by the length of time I imagine the typical game must last srd status check. Otherwise, is this like Clash of Nations where everyone starts off relatively the same?

What about the 1939 Historic World War? I imagine this is similar to the Blitzkreig map, but on a global level with 30 players.

What about the Pacific or America Homefront maps? What are those like to play on?

Any recommendations?
      I understand your desire for a fresh gaming experience. If you're looking for something different, I recommend trying the World at War map, which offers a balanced start for all players, similar to Clash of Nations. While it may be a longer game, the challenge and strategic depth can make it worthwhile. Additionally, the 1939 Historic World War map provides a global-scale version of Blitzkreig with 30 players. For a unique twist, you can also explore the Pacific or America Homefront maps. These options offer diverse gameplay and new challenges. Happy gaming!
      thanks for the advice. I posted that question over two years ago and have pretty much tried everything by this point.