Stacking units into one huge group

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stacking units into one huge group

I'm in a game currently where one player has 49 units stacked into one group together. It is practically impossible to defeat them because of this. It has multiple anti air units, anti tank units, and artillery. There is also someone in the game that i'm also at war with that has 87 planes stacked into one group. They destroy my buildings in one attack and nearly kill my level 2+ units I have at that province. I believe this needs to be fixed or something because I am constantly loosing men to this. I know its a "strategy" but it is completely unfair that its only able to be defeated if I group a million of my soldiers and send them there.
      Images
      • 86planesCALLOFWAR.PNG

242.8 kB, 512×370, viewed 7 times
      • guywith40plusmeninonegroupCALLOFWAR.PNG

861.41 kB, 888×576, viewed 9 times
    • If they were to travel by ocean, they wouldn't probably have it defended and since that stacker wouldn't use an aircraft carrier due to the sheer size of his army, and they would attack anyways. Use a submarine but in all cases a bomb is needed.
      SS
    • its easy to kill them, lol. Doesnt need nuke to kill it. If the game has max stack, commitern doctrine will useless, because commitern doctrine need big stack. if stack gas maximum, i just said just delete commitern doctrine because they hp lower than other with normal standard. Its like you give commitern doctrine a punishment.
    • if these huge "stacks" are anywhere near the coast your best bet would be to bomb them with battleships, if they are planes put SPAA or cruisers, fighter planes or rocket fighters are also always an option. i have faced a stack like this before. use paratroopers to attack then use planes to bombard it (if possible) then get artillery to attack from all sides because they'd have to split their artillery to attack all of yours, then they become vaunerable to all attack. after that if its not dead, just send 10 stacks of units. (if you even have access to all these units)
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I said its easy because my strategy is always use arte. But if your strategy only use closed combat, its hard. Idk what his army stack, but in that position you can use Battleship to bombard it. If its stack use normal arte and aa. Use stack 10 arte (full upgrade) + 3 rocket arte (min lvl 2). And if he still near sea, bombard from battleship too. If you have rss, build rail road gun.
      If he didnt have any bomber, use Contra strategy. Build armored car as much as you can. Capture his empty province. Do hit and run to take control his city not for capture it. Just for destroye his building, so it will make him slowly to produce army.
      If he has bomber, use your head to destroy his airship.
      Doesnt need mega stack to defeat it.
    • Agree with HyM, sure you can stress over the max stack, nuke em if you got them, but really, when i face a max stack i just grab a bunch of fast units, 3 or 4 of them follow the max stack around recapping any areas he leaves. The rest run about capping any of his vacant territories. The maxer will either be forced to break up his stack to stop your units, or lose production and morale until he has only the territory the max stack is on. In the case of a flight of planes, bomb the base they are coming from, or better yet cap it. (if you click on the enemy planes when you can see their details it will also show a line back to where they launched from. Kill the airports he uses until the planes are either out of range or out of airports. Planes stuck on the ground are easy kills.
      One caveat, if they have max stacks in multiple areas AND his territory is still defended, you got a coiner, unlesss you want to spend a lot of gold, don't waste your time trying, start a new game.
      Just my humble opinion.