Name Battles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Name Battles

I think it would be cool to be able to Name battles, so if there is a Big battle that changed the course of a war that it gets posted on the World Herald, not just the map. In real life many large battles were named and I think that it would be a cool feature to add.
      - PorterJ

Go Ukraine!
    • I like this idea, however, as you may realize, its a horrible idea to let players name the battles. It might be cool to have the battles named after a nearby province, and if there are multiple major battles within that province, each battle will have a number after it, for example, the "First Battle of Moscow" and "Second Battle of Moscow".
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• I agree with Donk,,, allowing players to name battles may create a tad bit of,,, how can one say,,, controversy or possibility of indecency. If there is some sort of formula or algorithm that can dictate, based on Porter mentioned, by total number of units or army strengths, can automatically post something in the Harold. I have also seen other games, in particular, "Total War" games that will place a marker on the map with significant battle information annotated when putting the cursor over top.

Good idea there PorterJ
    • Donk2.0 wrote:

I like this idea, however, as you may realize, its a horrible idea to let players name the battles. It might be cool to have the battles named after a nearby province, and if there are multiple major battles within that province, each battle will have a number after it, for example, the "First Battle of Moscow" and "Second Battle of Moscow".
      Yes I agree, letting players name it might be inappropriate so maybe like you said after a nearby Province, or a list of options similar to that province? Also thanks.
      - PorterJ

Go Ukraine!
    • PorterJ wrote:

Donk2.0 wrote:

I like this idea, however, as you may realize, its a horrible idea to let players name the battles. It might be cool to have the battles named after a nearby province, and if there are multiple major battles within that province, each battle will have a number after it, for example, the "First Battle of Moscow" and "Second Battle of Moscow".
      Yes I agree, letting players name it might be inappropriate so maybe like you said after a nearby Province, or a list of options similar to that province? Also thanks.
      the players could get an option to pick any nearby providence or to pick the name of the country it was fought in, they could pick if they selected the provience the battle was fought in in the World Hearald and they could pick the providence, and what kind of battle like, 'The battle of Cuba' or 'The Fight of Moscow', the type of battle they want it to be classified as.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.