Needed Naval Blockade Feature

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Needed Naval Blockade Feature

From the several games i joined, I can safely say that Goods , Metal and Oil nearly oscillate around same mean value/price. Taking that into consideration : I have concluded that the DCB ( Destroyer ,Cruiser and BB Fleet) are not cost effective in carrying out their tasks compared to investing in an airforce.

First, Why would I invest in a DCB Fleet ?
      - Kill other ships - can be more efficienty and cheaply done by Naval Bomber :

Naval Bomber is less manpower costly and slightly more expensive than a destroyer in terms of resources. A level 1 NB deals more damage to ships and slightly less damage to subs than a Lv1 Dest
      NB is less manpower costly and 30% cheaper than a cruiser. A lvl6 NB deals almost same damage to ships and more damage to subs compared to a lvl6 Cruiser.
      NB is less manpower costly and 55% cheaper than a BB. A level 6 NB deals 2.5 times less damage to ships but 4 times more damage to subs compared to lvl 6 BB.

- Attack provinces / Land units - can be more efficiently and cheaply done by Tactical Bomber

Destroyers cannot attack land units.
      TB is less manpower costly and 28% cheaper than a cruiser. A lvl 6 TB deals 9 times more damage to infantry and 6 times more damage to tanks compared to a lvl 6 Cruiser
      TB costs less manpower and is 52% cheaper than a BB. A lvl 6 TB deals more than twice the damage to infantry and twice the damage of Lvl 6 BB against tanks.

- Transport Units - not important if the distance to be sailed is short which is the case unless you spawn as USA.

Its also worth to note that you can unlock NB/TB much earlier than you do for BB, not to mention the range of the planes.

TL DR : As it stands, If your aim is to take down enemy ships / land units , you are probably better off investing in airforce and staying away from the Navy , except for the subs which are quite cost effective unit for taking down ships.

Now I have a suggestion that will help make the navy compete: Give the DCB fleet the ability to enact a Naval Blockade.

This would simply be an option available when you own a DCB fleet that prevents your enemy from trading on the market, the blockade is removed once you do so or once the enemy destroys the fleet. This is also historically accurate , the most known being the Blockade of Germany during WW 2.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GeneralPhara ().

• Don't know how this can be implemented, if you want someone not to benefit from the stock market in the game just put your diplomatic relation to "trade imbargo" or "war" and ask everyone else to do it. The stock market is instant and if implemented the blockade only effect waterways and not trade routes on land. Also most of the economy is fairly balance and the market is there for resource your short on hand with, personally I never use the market only if my resource are lacking.

About the navy it's use is to bombard coastal cities and land units the crusier and BB can do both while we need two different bombers, I think the navy is more rounded for city and unit bombardment and ship combat while the airforce is more specialize, also the NB is effective againts ships your right there, but the navy is more practical they can do three different things and the airforce can only do one at a time but way better. Of course the basis of this argument is IF you have access to the water or need the navy such as US, Canada, and maybe even UK and all the Mediterranean based countries like Italy, not all countries will be relying on their navy but to a certain few the navy prevents them from being completely surrounded (Italy).

All in all NB for navy, TB for units, SB for cities but the cruiser and battleship all of the above that is of course again if you spawn on a position that the navy is more important than the airforce.

It all depends on the position and the circumstances you find yourself in.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I like a different aspect in the same vein. I think that naval ships should have a patrol feature like aircraft. It is what they were designed for and how they were used historically. Going all the way back to the War of 1812 or the Napoleonic War, Naval vessels have patrolled or blockaded ports.

As for effecting the stock market, I agree that this doesn't sound feasible, either in game play or historical accuracy. Even while they were working with the Allies, the USSR supplied Germany with a vast amount of war materials via the land routes. The naval blockade was not effective until after the disastrous Operation Barbarossa.
      "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
      GEN William Tecumseh Sherman
    • -About the navy it's use is to bombard coastal cities and land units the crusier and BB can do both while we need two different bombers, I think the navy is more rounded for city and unit bombardment and ship combat while the airforce is more specialize, also the NB is effective againts ships your right there, but the navy is more practical they can do three different things and the airforce can only do one at a time but way better. Of course the basis of this argument is IF you have access to the water or need the navy such as US, Canada, and maybe even UK and all the Mediterranean based countries like Italy, not all countries will be relying on their navy but to a certain few the navy prevents them from being completely surrounded (Italy).-

2 units in the navy : Cruisers and BB can do the 3 roles (ship , unit and city combat) but for their high cost do they do well? lets have a closer look:

The cost of a BB is twice the cost of each : NB, SB and TB. This means that we could have invested in 2 bombers instead of the fancy BB.

What are you planning to use the BB for?

Attack Ships? - Get an NB instead and you can still afford yet one more bomber

Attack City? Get an SB ;

Attack Land units? Surprise ! You don' t need a TB , did you know that an SB deals almost the same damage to infantry and tanks as a BB!!

So with the amount you investedin a BB ,you could be having an NB as well as an SB that are doing the job much better as you can bomb the navy and the city at the same time where as using the BB you will shoot only one target at a time.

As for Cruiser: they cost 30% more than each of : SB, NB and TB and cost twice as the Interceptor.

With the cost of a cruiser , you could instead have an NB and an Interceptor, Dont laugh yet , Did you know that an interceptor deals the same amount of damage against tanks and infantry as a cruiser?

Plus Cruisers dont have impressive stats against cities, nothing that would justify their cost.

-----

As you can see , I have did a very thorough study and the current Navy ,namely the DCB (Dest,Cruise and BB) are not cost effective. Iam not saying that you should not use the navy, but there is an obvious balancing problem here.

The DCB needs a buff , granted, but altering the stats of so many units would be complex and might cause unwanted side effects and issues,for which i suggest adding a mechanism that increases the importance of a navy. Afterall , one of the main purpose of navies now and back in WW2 was to protect merchant ships that bring in supplies to the country.

This would be easy to implement , one button to enact a Naval Blockade when you have a DCB fleet near the shores of a country and an error message that tells you : You cannot order supplies from the market due to an enacted Blockade.

Ofcourse , the country can still trade via private trade (messages) and so it is not unfair, it adds a strategic dynamic and showcases the true purpose of navies. Navies shouldnot be better than an airforce in destroying targets but they are missing a crucial economical damage potential : A Naval Blockade.

The post was edited 3 times, last by GeneralPhara ().

• You know what we can do to make the navy a bit more important: Aircraft Carriers! that way we can further expand the range of planes and it will be very fun in Pacific War map, this will also give us the excuse to protect it from with destroyers, cruisers, and battleships from other ships and subs! and even other planes.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • Good point there hypersion , ships , particularly Cruiser and BB have better survivability to makeup for their moderate damage.

Higher damage potential + lower survivability ---) Airforce
      Moderate damage potential + Better survivability ----) Navy

I will say its decently balanced , the choice therefore depends on your priorities
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

You know what we can do to make the navy a bit more important: Aircraft Carriers! that way we can further expand the range of planes and it will be very fun in Pacific War map, this will also give us the excuse to protect it from with destroyers, cruisers, and battleships from other ships and subs! and even other planes.
      As the first news report says in main page of game they are planning to do that:
      Air-warfare usability will be enhanced even further and someone mentioned something top secret which sounded like a combination of ships and planes. Let’s see what that may be.

GeneralPhara wrote:

Good point there hypersion , ships , particularly Cruiser and BB have better survivability to makeup for their moderate damage.

Higher damage potential + lower survivability ---) Airforce
      Moderate damage potential + Better survivability ----) Navy

I will say its decently balanced , the choice therefore depends on your priorities
      Nice way to think ships aren't useless, I agree that this is balanced.
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.