Militia can be produced outside of Urban provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Militia can be produced outside of Urban provinces

In real life, a militia is usually, a conscripted or volunteer force used as a last-ditch effort, or to defend local populations, during the fall of Germany in 1945, Hitler declared total war, and everyone had to fight, this is an example of a militia. So I think Militia should be able to be produced in fortifications and barracks, maybe they shouldn't even require research
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • Zaktty wrote:

In real life, a militia is usually, a conscripted or volunteer force used as a last-ditch effort, or to defend local populations, during the fall of Germany in 1945, Hitler declared total war, and everyone had to fight, this is an example of a militia. So I think Militia should be able to be produced in fortifications and barracks, maybe they shouldn't even require research
      Firstly please share your ideas in the thread that is already there instead of creating a new one. Secondly, Hitler at that point was a delusional madman that had thrown two generation of men into their grave. The last stand was nothing more then boys and old men to bitter to see the reality that got themselves killed for no reason. The casualties of the last stand on the allied side was very low and most of those "untrained" militias barely knew how to use a gun. It's hardly a good reason to promote your case. There was however a moment in the past where this was possible and all it did was prolong the death of a player a bit longer while making militia. It was nothing more that a nuisance that didn't convene anyone so it got deleted. Personally I hope it's never coming back!
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Well this isn't Supremacy, that's a whole other game here, we are in COW WWII. I stand by my personal opinion that militias producing everywhere got deleted for a good reason. A good militia needs a supply line, training, military equipment, supply drops, ammunition, stealth, a central command and communication. You can't just train to live in the wild for months undetected like that.
      BMfox

• In my suggestion, research is required, but building barracks can produce milita anywhere, it is like gathering troops from places, every 12 hours, 1 milita is produced, levelling up can affect that time. Also, disabling building option should be there. It wouldn't affect any other production, just men getting recruited. Low hp for a reason, cheap and fast to produce too.
      The Saviour
    • To have training barracks you need instructors, accommodation, infrastructure, food supply, equipment, training ground, communications, training facilities, maintenance units, schooling department,... It makes sense to do this in a city. It's not like we are in 1700 where the militia were poor Americans and escaped slaves that formed a militia in the swamps ;) I've been in the army and it takes a lot more than you would think you need a month or two to train a decent militia unit.
      BMfox

• Bro I said the same thing, I mean they were made locally, but were hard to form because of low supplies, so I think that they need to be produced locally through barracks in non Urban provinces, but cost a crap ton, are very weak, take 1.5 hours to make, have stealth, and shouldn't be able to be upgraded. The reason for making them cost so much and take longer is so no one spams them, also you need to make barracks their, so maybe barracks cost and take longer to build in non urban provinces.
      - PorterJ

Go Ukraine!
    • PorterJ wrote:

Bro I said the same thing, I mean they were made locally, but were hard to form because of low supplies, so I think that they need to be produced locally through barracks in non Urban provinces, but cost a crap ton, are very weak, take 1.5 hours to make, have stealth, and shouldn't be able to be upgraded. The reason for making them cost so much and take longer is so no one spams them, also you need to make barracks their, so maybe barracks cost and take longer to build in non urban provinces.
      Do you really want to turn a tool like that into the hands of a gold user? It used to be like that in the past, you think you are winning and all of a sudden,... Boem a huge militia army in the middle of nowhere. No you don't want that and that feature got deleted for a good reason. With 1.5 a lot of good changes have come and this was one of them. Now players only can produce units in cities and it makes the game fair and more enjoyable for one.
      BMfox

• First off I am not complaining, second if I was this section is called suggestions/criticism so your dinosaur analogy is dumb. Third if gold users want to spend there money on game that's there choice, even if it is for a game.
      - PorterJ

Go Ukraine!