Arty & Rocket Arty Damage / Terrain Bonus Not Working?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arty & Rocket Arty Damage / Terrain Bonus Not Working?

So I was bombarding 2 lvl1 med tank stack (around 55 hp, it was already damaged) with 4 lvl2 arty and 6 lvl2 rocket arty.
      It should do something like 45 damage.
      lvl 2 arty does 3.6 dmg to heavy -> 3.6 x 4 = 14.4
      lvl 2 rocket arty does 2.7 dmg to heavy -> 2.7 x 6 = 16.2
      That's 30 in total + 50% bonus from hills = 45 but as you can see it only dealt around 30 dmg.

It seems the terrain bonus isn't applied. I also noticed this in my other match where I'm playing as pan asian and pan asian heavily relies on terrain bonus.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or this just how it works or my math is wrong, so can you guys shed some light.

Thanks

The post was edited 8 times, last by Z. Sakki ().

• Every battle has an "X-factor" where the result of your attack can deviate with 25% in your favour or against you. As you know the first casulty of a battle is a battle plan. A battle never goes as planned. So with every attack there's a luck or chance factor implemented of 25%. This is the reason that every attack can give another value which results in a different amount of Health Points inflicted on the enemy unit.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • It happened again

Med tank stack has 64.7 hp

I have inf, arty, rocket arty stack. Both has the same number of units, same levels and same hp.

Each stack should deal around 36 damage, with the two of dealing a total of 72 damage.

lvl 2 arty deals 3.6 dmg vs heavy
      lvl 2 rocket arty deals 2.7 dmg vs heavy
      lvl 1 rocket arty deals 1.6 dmg vs heavy

Each stack has 4 lvl2 arty, 3 lvl 2 rocket arty and 1 lvl1 rocket arty

3.6 x 4 = 14.4
      2.7 x 3 = 8.1
      1.6 x 1 = 1.6

14.4 + 8.1 + 1.6 = 24.1

24.1 x 50% for terrain bonus as the terrain is hills = 36.2

36.2 x 2 because there's 2 stacks = 72.4

But as you can see, the med tank's hp is 20.2

64.7 - 20.2 = 44.5
      The two stacks only dealt 44.5 dmg

With the 25% X factor, the dmg should've been at least 54
      25% of 72 is 18
      72 - 18 = 54

44 is about 65% of 72, again way off of the 25%

What's interesting is that if we take the 50% terrain bonus out of the equation, the dmg would just be 48 - much much closer to 44 and is certainly within the 25% X factor.

72 - 24 = 48

The post was edited 4 times, last by Z. Sakki ().

• it could be Militia, it is very strong at high levels and if required early game would be spammed to make.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Happened again in my pacific conquest game and this time, it's 100% sure there's no militia.

Enemy has 43 stack of unarmored n light units

Here's the dmg distribution of the the 43 stack

I have 10 lvl 3 arty
      Dmg vs unarmored = 3.2
      Dmg vs light = 4

3.2 x 10 = 32
      4 x 10 = 40

For dmg distribution, 79% of the stack is unarmored so unarmored dmg x 0.79
      32 x 0.79 = 25.2

For light, 21% x light dmg
      40 x 0.21 = 8.4

Total dmg
      25.2 + 8.4 = 33.6

For terrain bonus
      33.6 x 0.70 = 23.5

33.6 + 23.5 = 57.1

My arty stack should deal somewhere around 57.1 dmg to the enemy stack, but as you can see in the pic below, it did not.

It only did 36 dmg
      638.2 - 602.2 = 36

Also, he forced march his stack so the actual dmg done by my arty is >36, but to keep things simple let's just say that my arty stack did 36 dmg

36 is more than 60% of 57, way way more than the 25% X factor

And like the example above, if we take the 70% terrain bonus, the expected dmg would just be 33.6 — again, much much closer to 36 and well within the 25% X factor

Lastly, after a few hrs of battle, Siam surrendered and he gave me share map. Remembering that the culprit could've been stealth units like militias as you guys suggested, I immediately looked at his stack to look for militias and there were none.

Images
      • IMG_20211102_122721.jpg

134.22 kB, 717×1,242, viewed 3 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Z. Sakki ().

• Emperor Im wrote:

Perhaps you destroyed the militia during battle?
      Yeah I haven't thought of that, maybe that's what happened. I have a lvl 2 AC in the area tho so if there was a militia, it would have to be lvl3+ and lvl3 militia at day 6 is kinda weird

Does it get reported on the news casualty report if you kill a stealth unit without seeing it? Cus i can check it

I checked it, the only casualty of Siam in the casualty report are 2 interceptors

The post was edited 1 time, last by Z. Sakki ().

• I have noticed a similar process occuring happening in my swift strike gane as @Z. Sakki does. My artillery isnt producing damage as stated
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213