Release Notes - 2021-11-10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The attack values of planes have remained the same, so indeed the defense values have been increased as the text stated.
    The number 2:1 only refered to the ratio, which is normally a number compared to the number 1.
    If its better understandable for you, then you can also say that the ratio was changed from 2:1 to 2:1.333... But that is not as well readable as 1.5:1 :D
  • GeneralElJeffy wrote:

BMfox wrote:

No it's a nerf for the attacking planes. For the defending planes nothing has changed, they still have the same damage output. 2/1 had been nerfed to 1,5/1
    It’s most definitely a buff and not a nerf, no changes to attack but the defence output has been improved
    "The defense capabilities of aircrafts were improved by reducing the gap between attacking damage and defensive damage (attack/defense damage ratio).
    • For Interceptors from a factor of 2:1 to 1.5:1"

So officially they say that they buffed the defensive stats by nerfing the attacking staff. But the defensive stats stay at 1 in both cases, so they didn't buff anything. There is written reducing which is a synonym for nerfing.
    What they did however is that they nerfed the attack factor from 2 to 1.5. So they nerfed the attack, the defensive value stayed the same.
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • zeik1979 wrote:

patch should solve aircraft issues, but mine are still traveling around the world in stead of a direct transport, very annoying.
    That is actually a new issue and we already reproduced it, so a fix for this will be released soon!

BMfox wrote:

GeneralElJeffy wrote:

BMfox wrote:

No it's a nerf for the attacking planes. For the defending planes nothing has changed, they still have the same damage output. 2/1 had been nerfed to 1,5/1
    It’s most definitely a buff and not a nerf, no changes to attack but the defence output has been improved
    "The defense capabilities of aircrafts were improved by reducing the gap between attacking damage and defensive damage (attack/defense damage ratio).
    • For Interceptors from a factor of 2:1 to 1.5:1"

So officially they say that they buffed the defensive stats by nerfing the attacking staff. But the defensive stats stay at 1 in both cases, so they didn't buff anything. There is written reducing which is a synonym for nerfing.
    What they did however is that they nerfed the attack factor from 2 to 1.5. So they nerfed the attack, the defensive value stayed the same.
    I clarified about this already in the top post on this second page. The attack values remained the same, we increased the defense values. The written text states that the defense capabilities have been improved and that the gap between attacking and defending was reduced, not that any of the damage values themselves were reduced. The new ratio is 1.5:1, or 2:1.33 if you like, both ratios mean the same. So basically old defense values became 33% stronger.
  • Many good changes in there. And I think it was a good idea to adjust the viability of the RA. The early RA-spam was too good a strategy for Comintern.

The decrease of the initial manpower pool puzzles me though. Why was this needed? Sure, more manpower will mean ppl spam more units right off the bat, but where was the problem in that?

I fear that this will make the start of the game slower and the action will be much lower. The first 2 days of a game can be boring enough already because you mostly have to wait for everything.

So what was the actual reasoning for the reduced manpower pool? I assume it wasn't just done to offset the Comintern RA spam?

PS: Top of my wishlist atm is the airplane bug. It really is interfering with a central part of any advanced warfare.
  • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Many good changes in there. And I think it was a good idea to adjust the viability of the RA. The early RA-spam was too good a strategy for Comintern.

The decrease of the initial manpower pool puzzles me though. Why was this needed? Sure, more manpower will mean ppl spam more units right off the bat, but where was the problem in that?

I fear that this will make the start of the game slower and the action will be much lower. The first 2 days of a game can be boring enough already because you mostly have to wait for everything.

So what was the actual reasoning for the reduced manpower pool? I assume it wasn't just done to offset the Comintern RA spam?

PS: Top of my wishlist atm is the airplane bug. It really is interfering with a central part of any advanced warfare.
    The airplane bug will be fixed today.

Reason for the manpower change: Manpower was rarely any bottleneck for anyone in the early game, many players flat out ignored it. Reason for this is that in the early game players construct proportionally more buildings than units compared to later in the game, so having more manpower than resources at the start of the game means resources will always run out faster than manpower. This means that one of our resources is basically unimportant until the midgame, which in turn also makes one of our buildings (recruiting offices) useless until the midgame. Not saying there were never occasions like this, but talking here on the grand scheme of things and on average. Now by making Manpower more constrained in the early game, a bit more strategic decisions need to be made also on that front.

But honestly the change only affects the very early game, the first 2 days maybe? Because manpower production rates remained the same the effect of this change will have evened out already after a few game days. I don't expect the game pace to change much from this change, and I don't think that the early game becomes boring because of it.
  • freezy wrote:

The airplane bug will be fixed today.
    Reason for the manpower change: Manpower was rarely any bottleneck for anyone in the early game, many players flat out ignored it. Reason for this is that in the early game players construct proportionally more buildings than units compared to later in the game, so having more manpower than resources at the start of the game means resources will always run out faster than manpower. This means that one of our resources is basically unimportant until the midgame, which in turn also makes one of our buildings (recruiting offices) useless until the midgame. Not saying there were never occasions like this, but talking here on the grand scheme of things and on average. Now by making Manpower more constrained in the early game, a bit more strategic decisions need to be made also on that front.

But honestly the change only affects the very early game, the first 2 days maybe? Because manpower production rates remained the same the effect of this change will have evened out already after a few game days. I don't expect the game pace to change much from this change, and I don't think that the early game becomes boring because of it.
    Thank you for taking action on the airplane bug. Will the fix affect current games or only future ones?

Thanx also for the explanation about manpower. I guess I'm not average then because I usually start having a serious dip in my manpower already at day 2. In my mind it is simply a resource to weigh with every other resource. So if one resource is abaundant, the right, economic strategy is to build more of the buildings and units that require the abaundant resource. I think it was perfectly feasible, but it wouldn't surprise me if the majority go 'SimCity' for the first 2 days and thus don't need manpower so much.

But I hope you don't base too much of these decisions on overall stats. I see quite a lot of players only using their initial units plus maybe a handful of SCs or LTs and then rush. They don't build anything more unless they are succesful around day 3 or 4. If they aren't, they drop. Their behaviour will not be changed by this, so including them in your analysis would be a mistake IMHO.

I wish there were more options for improving manpower in the mid- or late game. It is usually a real crunch there for balanced games and recruitment centers in occupied territories just don't seem to pay.

How about the option to close down production in a province in return for a higher manpower output? (Volkssturm).
    Like 10%?
  • That would be a new feature that needs to be developed, so probably nothing for the near future. I know that in lategame manpower actually becomes a struggle for most players as most also neglected building recruiting offices or focus solely on unit production by that time.
    The unique thing about Recruiting offices though: They give value in a resource that is not used in construction costs. Meaning if you cant produce new units anymore cos of Manpower shortages you can still invest all resources that you can't spend anyway into recruiting offices, even on occupied terrain with low return values. It will still be better than letting the resources rot in your stock.
    Normally players who max out recruiting offices in all their core provinces (including rural provinces) don't struggle that deeply with manpower though so in most cases building them in occupied territory isnt needed.