News map/gamemodes and other things

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• News map/gamemodes and other things

(First of all, sorry for my bad english, is not my first language).

Well, I'll be brief: Being that there is a map of America where there are 3 teams (Japan, american resistance and germans) I thought it would be a good idea to do another game mode of that style but in Russia (Germans occupying everything that is Western Russia, Ukraine and the Baltics, the Russian resistance defending what the Urals are, Central Siberia, Kazakhstan and maybe Mongolia and the Japanese occupying what is the Far East, Menjiang and other areasand other areas).

Another map similar to the previous one mentioned, also of teams could be developed in China: Kuomintang vs communists (or both being allies) vs Japan and its puppet states.

Continuing with the maps, another idea would be to make a map based on the HWW map but instead of being in 1939, let it be in 1936 (pre-war) or 1949 (post-war).

Starting with the new units that could be added to the game a good idea would be transport aircrafts (to transport infantry) but having a limited capacity depending on their level.

So these are my proposals, there are not many but I tried to put the ones I think are the most interesting (at least in mi opinion)
      Слава Черной Лиге!
    • Dimitri Yazov. wrote:

Well, I'll be brief: Being that there is a map of America where there are 3 teams (Japan, american resistance and germans) I thought it would be a good idea to do another game mode of that style but in Russia (Germans occupying everything that is Western Russia, Ukraine and the Baltics, the Russian resistance defending what the Urals are, Central Siberia, Kazakhstan and maybe Mongolia and the Japanese occupying what is the Far East, Menjiang and other areasand other areas).

Another map similar to the previous one mentioned, also of teams could be developed in China: Kuomintang vs communists (or both being allies) vs Japan and its puppet states.

Continuing with the maps, another idea would be to make a map based on the HWW map but instead of being in 1939, let it be in 1936 (pre-war) or 1949 (post-war).

Starting with the new units that could be added to the game a good idea would be transport aircrafts (to transport infantry) but having a limited capacity depending on their level.

So these are my proposals, there are not many but I tried to put the ones I think are the most interesting (at least in mi opinion)
      There are a few nice ideas here, however, the one that really catches my eye is the post-war HWW. That's something that I think a lot of people would like, especially considering that the borders from them are essentially the same as they are now. Might make it a little less "WW2" game though.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

Dimitri Yazov. wrote:

There are a few nice ideas here, however, the one that really catches my eye is the post-war HWW. That's something that I think a lot of people would like, especially considering that the borders from them are essentially the same as they are now. Might make it a little less "WW2" game though.
      I agree that it could make a less WW2 game, being that 1949 is closer to the cold war than to the second world war and one of the most important countries in the game (The third reich) doesn’t exists anymore in this map. But anyways, could be a interesting idea
      Слава Черной Лиге!
    • 1949 is the cold war. The Cold War began nearly the instant after WWII ended, and in some respects even before then. Additionally technology advanced leaps and bounds in 1945 and onward. The game ideas sound very solid and I personally would like the addition of a transport plane, but post WWII isn't viable for this game.
    • If not a post world war 2 map, a pre world war one could be interesting. Make the Rienland be demilitarized to start the game with cities, but zero units or building besides industry and propaganda offices(either this or make it a demilitarized ai nation that has amazing industry and nothing else with German troops close to the border that would enable them to capture the territory before any other nation if they want to, but this would automatically have a large negative popularity penalty on the German player). In addition, Japan would lose some land in China, Poland would have a much better chance of surviving as Germany won't be as strong, the USSR will be weaker as the Military Purge was happening which means they will have less troops who have a lower quality. America will be recovering from the Great Depression and will thus have a terrible economy that needs to be sorted out before the American player can participate in wars overseas. Countries such as Austria, Czechoslavia, Albania, and Chinese Warlord(this is just a suggestion that would be interesting and could provide extra slots for players) could make appearances in this game mode.

One final thing, every country would be less militarized than in HWW 1939 as tensions were not as high and thus there would have been less units in service
    • Riddermark297 wrote:

If not a post world war 2 map, a pre world war one could be interesting. Make the Rienland be demilitarized to start the game with cities, but zero units or building besides industry and propaganda offices(either this or make it a demilitarized ai nation that has amazing industry and nothing else with German troops close to the border that would enable them to capture the territory before any other nation if they want to, but this would automatically have a large negative popularity penalty on the German player). In addition, Japan would lose some land in China, Poland would have a much better chance of surviving as Germany won't be as strong, the USSR will be weaker as the Military Purge was happening which means they will have less troops who have a lower quality. America will be recovering from the Great Depression and will thus have a terrible economy that needs to be sorted out before the American player can participate in wars overseas. Countries such as Austria, Czechoslavia, Albania, and Chinese Warlord(this is just a suggestion that would be interesting and could provide extra slots for players) could make appearances in this game mode.

One final thing, every country would be less militarized than in HWW 1939 as tensions were not as high and thus there would have been less units in service
      It's cool, but the differences are honestly so small, that most people probably wouldn't even notice. It would also require a new game mechanic, which devs don't like to do for specific maps.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• newbgamer101 wrote:

That would be very interesting. What would the tech be like? Same but with way delayed availability or would it start earlier with new tech?
      Tech tree starts, for a large amount of units, in game at 1932, so nothing major would change as my suggestion is to have it start at 1936 with some units not existing due to a lack of reason for them to exist and other units not being as upgraded due to their not being a real reason for their existence(in the real world). Maybe the secret units could be pushed back a couple of days, specifically the missile line as that would not be historically accurate to have rockets in 1936, but the rest of the tech tree would be the same.
    • Donk2.0 wrote:

Riddermark297 wrote:

If not a post world war 2 map, a pre world war one could be interesting. Make the Rienland be demilitarized to start the game with cities, but zero units or building besides industry and propaganda offices(either this or make it a demilitarized ai nation that has amazing industry and nothing else with German troops close to the border that would enable them to capture the territory before any other nation if they want to, but this would automatically have a large negative popularity penalty on the German player). In addition, Japan would lose some land in China, Poland would have a much better chance of surviving as Germany won't be as strong, the USSR will be weaker as the Military Purge was happening which means they will have less troops who have a lower quality. America will be recovering from the Great Depression and will thus have a terrible economy that needs to be sorted out before the American player can participate in wars overseas. Countries such as Austria, Czechoslavia, Albania, and Chinese Warlord(this is just a suggestion that would be interesting and could provide extra slots for players) could make appearances in this game mode.

It's cool, but the differences are honestly so small, that most people probably wouldn't even notice. It would also require a new game mechanic, which devs don't like to do for specific maps.
      The mechanic of Germany declaring war on Rienland could be used in other maps such as Antarctica Dominion where if you declare on one German nations, you get this penalty all of the other German nations automatically disliking nations immediately. Another use is that a modified use of this mechanic could be used where certain nations that had a historical likening to one another, such as UK/Canada/US, automatically dish out a negative popularity penalty to a nation that declares war on one of these other countries. This would provide an extra layer to the game and could make players from just choosing to declare war on a country without thinking as they could end up causing a completely different country to declare war on them due to this mechanic.