Just a simple request of visualisation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just a simple request of visualisation

Why is not there my flag next to the graph that is showing the number and type of units? We can see flags of all other countries next to their units' graphs, but player can not see his flag next to his own units. I mean... yeah... It is not a big thing, but It would be great if you allowed us to see our flags over our units. It feels like playing with non-nation units without flags.
      And generally... please pay more attention to visualisation... I love that game as one of the best strategy games I've ever played, but... for example visualisation of ranged unit bombarding enemy is a black dot, jumping from the ranged unit to its target. You need to improve that. We need more visualisation...
      "Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king." - Tywin Lannister
    • WHITE_KING_GEORGIA wrote:

Why is not there my flag next to the graph that is showing the number and type of units? We can see flags of all other countries next to their units' graphs, but player can not see his flag next to his own units. I mean... yeah... It is not a big thing, but It would be great if you allowed us to see our flags over our units. It feels like playing with non-nation units without flags.
      And generally... please pay more attention to visualisation... I love that game as one of the best strategy games I've ever played, but... for example visualisation of ranged unit bombarding enemy is a black dot, jumping from the ranged unit to its target. You need to improve that. We need more visualisation...
      You can identify the unit by its color. The devs probably thought that the flag there would just look annoying, and since you could see that the unit was yours, it was pointless.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• I don't have a problem with identifying my units. It's just boring to play with flagless units on every single map. Imagine that militaries stopped using flags of their nations on uniforms. It looks cool when an army is using a flag.
      "Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king." - Tywin Lannister
    • We don't show them to have less icon clutter on the map. There is only one nation with white army labels, and that is yours, so it is easy to see which troops are yours. But there can be many nations with green, red or brown labels depending on your diplomatic relations, and for that we show the flag next to the label so you can identify which nation they belong to. It was more an usability decision than a consideration for coolness. But I can see why it could be a cool thing, so maybe we will re-think the approach in the future.