New Espionage Mission Type Recommendation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Espionage Mission Type Recommendation

I like the added elements espionage brings to the game, but I’m sure this could be improved upon, if the developers are willing.

I would like to propose a new mission type for spies. In addition to Counter Espionage, Intelligence, Military Sabotage, and Economic Sabotage; I would like to propose the addition of what I would either call Disinformation or Strategic Deception. This has been a key part of war as long as there has been war. Just looking at WWII, consider Operation Bodyguard; this was the allied plan to keep Germany guessing regarding D-Day and is credited with convincing Hitler the Normandy landing was just a diversion until it was too late.

I see several possibilities for the outcome of a successful mission:

• The appearance of phantom units on the extreme viewing range of a unit in that providence. Just the standard mystery unit without details. This would cause them to think an attack is coming.
      • Substantially reduce the target’s popularity with a neighboring AI country, making it more likely they will declare war on them. You can even accompany this with an article in the newspaper about public outcry over war crimes or something.
      • A false flag, patsy operation. Essentially the spy recruits someone else to perform an operation knowing they will fail and convinced they are working for another country. This will result in a newspaper article that a spy was found in the employ of another country, naming the country. I’ve been in coalitions where one member didn’t trust another and can see this totally ruining fragile trust between partners.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I like the added elements espionage brings to the game, but I’m sure this could be improved upon, if the developers are willing.

I would like to propose a new mission type for spies. In addition to Counter Espionage, Intelligence, Military Sabotage, and Economic Sabotage; I would like to propose the addition of what I would either call Disinformation or Strategic Deception. This has been a key part of war as long as there has been war. Just looking at WWII, consider Operation Bodyguard; this was the allied plan to keep Germany guessing regarding D-Day and is credited with convincing Hitler the Normandy landing was just a diversion until it was too late.

I see several possibilities for the outcome of a successful mission:

• The appearance of phantom units on the extreme viewing range of a unit in that providence. Just the standard mystery unit without details. This would cause them to think an attack is coming.
      • Substantially reduce the target’s popularity with a neighboring AI country, making it more likely they will declare war on them. You can even accompany this with an article in the newspaper about public outcry over war crimes or something.
      • A false flag, patsy operation. Essentially the spy recruits someone else to perform an operation knowing they will fail and convinced they are working for another country. This will result in a newspaper article that a spy was found in the employ of another country, naming the country. I’ve been in coalitions where one member didn’t trust another and can see this totally ruining fragile trust between partners.

Interesting idea! However, this would require a lot of new features to be added to the game. This might be something that the devs should consider. I would certainly like this to be a thing.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!