The Rise and Fall and Rise of Poland - A HWW Game Report

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Rise and Fall and Rise of Poland - A HWW Game Report

Hello, everyone. About a year ago, (Has it really been that long?) game reports were very popular on the forum. Then, the forum died for a bit. Now, it's alive again. Yay. :) Anyways, after reading BMFox's British Colombia game, I was inspired to make a playthrough. Anyone can make one.

For the backstory of this game, this was on a very casual Discord RP, so while this game will be more realistic, crazy things will still happen. I was Poland in this game. @IronKnight was Yugoslavia. This game was a few months ago, so I don't have the exact details of the game. Anyways, here we go. :)

Part 1: The Rise of Poland

For those who don't know, Poland in Historic World War is a horrendous country to pick. You have 2 neighbors, Germany and the USSR, who are much more powerful than you and could destroy you without a second thought. Establishing relations with one of these nations would be crucial for the new leader of Poland, the incredibly handsome Brutus Trump. (Sounds like a nice guy.) The German leader did not seem very welcoming to Poland, so Brutus just tried to not get invaded. However, the Soviet leader was a decent guy. He held great parties in Moscow that the international community visited. IronKnight can testify that they were great. I decided to make an alliance with him, and he accepted. Poland now had a defender.

Even though Poland had an ally, it would still need to create an army. Brutus Trump opted to make an air force-centric military. Industries were made in all of Poland's major cities. Poland invested its resources into quality units. It had a small army, but it was the best-trained army in the world.

The Romanian Crisis:

As I have said before, this was a very casual RP. Some less than good RP-ers managed to enter the game. One of these was Romania. Romania did not participate in the RP much, and when the leader did, he began to ruin the RP. During this period, Poland improved relationships with Yugoslavia. As the Romanian leader began to make war threats against AI countries for no valid reason, talks were held in Warsaw between Yugoslavia, the USSR, and Poland, to invade Romania. While Brutus was the most lenient towards Romania, Romania's actions forced Poland to do something. As a result, the Romanian invasion commenced. The Polish units didn't do much fighting, as the Soviets managed to destroy most of Romania's army. Romania was carved up equally between the 3 powers.

The Warsaw Pact:

After the invasion of Romania, the relationship between Poland, Yugoslavia, and the Soviet Union were at an all-time high. They decided to form the Warsaw Pact, a complete military and economic pact. Sweden and France soon joined the Warsaw Pact, which was the most dominant power of Europe, and possibly the world.

Poland Becomes Respected:

By day 8, Brutus Trump, the great leader of Poland, looked at the morning newspaper. To his great delight, Poland and Germany had about equal military levels. Poland's only crisis during this time period was the Hungarian militias ransacking Southern Poland. Poland soon invaded Hungary, and won, showing off its mighty air power. This was a period of peace for the world, and the Olympics were held at Japan. Poland donated a large sum of money to the prize pool, and became a respected member of the international community. Things were looking rosy for Poland. Plans were made to invite Germany to the Warsaw Pact, which would unify Northern Europe. Poland had come from a precarious position and made the best of it.

That's it for this post. Part 2 will come out when I have the time. Please leave feedback if you enjoyed this.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • Sorry, I’ve had a busy week. Part 2 will come tomorrow.

whowh wrote:

BrutusTrump wrote:

About a year ago, (Has it really been that long?) game reports were very popular on the forum.
      Oh and I would like credit for starting the fad with my Classic Poland 23 Player game.
      I would give Grand the credit for starting the play through craze.
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • BrutusTrump wrote:

Sorry, I’ve had a busy week. Part 2 will come tomorrow.

whowh wrote:

BrutusTrump wrote:

About a year ago, (Has it really been that long?) game reports were very popular on the forum.
      Oh and I would like credit for starting the fad with my Classic Poland 23 Player game.
      I would give Grand the credit for starting the play through craze.
      i would give Pacifist Tibet the credit for the craze in forums
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Hello, everyone. I promised that Part 2 of this playthrough will come today, and I will deliver. Expect Part 3 to drop sometime next week. Enjoy!

Part 2: The German Crisis

Polish-German Relations

When we left off, Poland was in a good alliance, The Warsaw Pact, with the USSR, Yugoslavia, France, and Sweden. Soon, Germany was brought up as a candidate for joining the Warsaw Pact. Before, Polish relationships with Germany were precarious at best. The German leader had rubbed it in that Germany could easily beat Poland. In one particularly awkward moment, German shells flew over the city of Gdynia to bomb Danzig. However, Poland had an army that was around equal to Germany's by Day 8. Poland would still be glad to accept Germany into the pact. By the end of Day 8, a formal invitation was sent for Germany to join the Warsaw Pact. Would it work?

Germany Attacks!

On Day 9, Brutus Trump woke up. He was wondering if Germany had accepted the invitation to the Warsaw Pact. However, he soon received bad news. The German leader had gone on vacation to Switzerland for a week. Her country was now led by the stupid and impulsive ministers. (Germany had been taken over by AI.) The German leader could not command her forces while she was on vacation. She also could have little contact with other leaders, because of her faulty radio connection. It was clear that Germany wouldn't be joining the Warsaw Pact. However, the worst of it was yet to come.

A few hours later, Brutus Trump was writing up plans for new industries when he got a sudden alert. A German company had crossed the Polish border and fired on Polish units north of Warsaw. Soon, the entire German army began attacking Poland and Germany declared war. However, Poland's work at building it's military paid off. Poland easily managed to surround and destroy a German army in Danzig. Then, the Polish army began pushing westward across the German border. Here is a rough picture of the battle plans.

The red represents German forces, and the black represent Polish forces. The blue dot is Warsaw.
      Poland was victorious in capturing Eastern Germany. There was nothing stopping Poland from annihilating Germany.
      Well, almost nothing.

Alright, it's late and I'm tired. This is the first half of Part 2. I'll write the second half of Part 2 tomorrow.
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • Hey! I remember this game, I could actually make a playthrough of this too. I just might :trol:
      For the Frontier, once and for all, the Red Planet has been colonized...

Call of War User: RhonianConfederation
      Discord Username: Premier Livonian of the Frontier#9560
      Newest Let's Play: ?

I swear to lord if you call me Premier I will crucify you, I prefer the name Livonian :>
    • Also Brutus, if you don't do Part 3, I will do it for you in my own "playthrough" :)
      For the Frontier, once and for all, the Red Planet has been colonized...

Call of War User: RhonianConfederation
      Discord Username: Premier Livonian of the Frontier#9560
      Newest Let's Play: ?

I swear to lord if you call me Premier I will crucify you, I prefer the name Livonian :>