Add Stealth Recon Aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add Stealth Recon Aircraft

Should this be a feature? 16
        Yes (5) 31%
        No (8) 50%
        Not Quite as Presented Here (3) 19%
        Don't Care/No Opinion (0) 0%
      Hey there. Recently, in one of my CoW matches, I got into a cold-war-like situation, and I realized, why isn't there some type of aircraft with stealth abilities in the game? This would be especially useful in a situation like the one I just described. The unit would have some mediocre stats, but could only be discovered by AA guns of equal or lower level, and interceptors of equal or lower level, as well as some other scout units. I know that using a spy can be more effective in some cases, but in others, this would be better. For example, if you need to reveal a lot of units fast, as spies take 1 day to work. Either way, we'll see what people think of this idea.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• WHITE_KING_GEORGIA wrote:

It would be unrealistic as in WWll there was nothing like that. Stealth aircraft are late cold war invention.
      He is not missing at all. The timeline on the game is supposed between 1930 - 1950. Accurately, stealth tecnology was invented for actual electro-magentic and visual signatures (different patterns to form camuflage against the enviroment) , being present in all the parts of the military. Talking about planes, the Horten Ho 229 actually had that features, so the stat's would be perfectly balanced for this situation (not including weapons, in my opinion).

And otherwise, is the unique branch that do not have an stealth unit like: commandos/militia for infantry; submarines for marine (I don't include tanks because the commandos act very well against armoured troops).

For me is a yes. But only if is a late tecnology and converge from the jet fighter (i don't know how you call it, I'm spanish); to be invested around the 20th day. Being "accurately" to "The Cold War".
    • Mmmmmmmmm I would love one but I think that, mainly for historical reasons, I don't see it very suitable... P lanes flying high were used for this purpose, along with stealth unis. Maybe they could make a "only engage if ordered unit"? as commandos nowadays are used more for offensive warfare than for their stealth capabilities, at least from what i've seen.
    • Well, voting is espousing ones opinions. If someone thinks it's a good idea, they vote that it's a good idea, thus expressing their opinion. Personally I think a recon plane would be useful, but I don't think it's useful enough that Bytro would add it to the game