What happens if a player can't pay upkeep?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What happens if a player can't pay upkeep?

I've got another player in an otherwise odd game who is completely bunkered down. My spies got his troop positions two days ago and he's got everything pulled back into a hill province. He apparently just moves everything back after it's produced. If I take all his cities and resource generating providences and he can't pay upkeep on them what happens? Otherwise, I think he'll be a tough nut to crack.
    • Spies on military sabotage can destroy bunkers. Strategical bombers and rockets can also destroy bunkers. Commandos ignore bunkers when attacking so the enemy units won't get their protection bonus in that case.

Yes, you should take all of his territory that is not defended as it will prevent him from making new troops. If he can't upkeep his troops his province morale will go down up to the point where his last provinces will revolt to other nations.

It seems to me that a perfect solution would be to attack him from a distance with artillery, rocket artillery, SP artillery and/or SP rocket artillery. Railroadguns are an option. You could also mass produce rockets or even make a nuclear rocket.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Thanks for the advice BMFox! I was leaning in that direction.

He has 42 units in one big stack. I have about 20 SP arty units split about evenly between rocket and regular I should be able to bombard him down and keep my distance if he gives chance. I’ll have to split my arty to maximize damage.

I think he’s just trying to wait for the end of the game. Normally I’d leave him be and consider another target but my allies have me boxed in otherwise and I could use a challenge this game. Everyone I’ve attacked this game quit at the first sign of conflict.
    • Nukes would certainly be a good option if you can prevent it from getting shot down. Railway guns can shoot from such a range that they may not even realize that they are under bombardment until it is too late.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

Nukes would certainly be a good option if you can prevent it from getting shot down. Railway guns can shoot from such a range that they may not even realize that they are under bombardment until it is too late.
      It’s only day nine. This game better not last long enough for nukes.

I just took a capital from an inactive player and am flush with cash. Probably a good time for spies.
    • Go for railway guns then.

6thDragon wrote:

Donk2.0 wrote:

Nukes would certainly be a good option if you can prevent it from getting shot down. Railway guns can shoot from such a range that they may not even realize that they are under bombardment until it is too late.
      It’s only day nine. This game better not last long enough for nukes.
      I just took a capital from an inactive player and am flush with cash. Probably a good time for spies.
      Kind regards,
      Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• I put 10 spies in the providence, worked like a charm destroying his airstrip and fortifications. Thanks for the advice. You didn’t have a hard sell convincing me to use spies. When I was in the military, I was a human intelligence agent. I try to stay impartial, no research or transportation needed with spies.

I caught him offline for a few hours too. He started with 1,400 hit points and came online with 800. He gave chase but my mobile artillery was able to keep attacking and fading away. I did get cocky after two hours and upgraded my armored cars, but I had the sense to move them far away first. He almost caught up to them but was bombarded down. Even if he would have caught the armored cars, the six of them together with four tank destroyers would have made quick work of anything left.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I put 10 spies in the providence, worked like a charm destroying his airstrip and fortifications. Thanks for the advice. You didn’t have a hard sell convincing me to use spies. When I was in the military, I was a human intelligence agent. I try to stay impartial, no research or transportation needed with spies.

I caught him offline for a few hours too. He started with 1,400 hit points and came online with 800. He gave chase but my mobile artillery was able to keep attacking and fading away. I did get cocky after two hours and upgraded my armored cars, but I had the sense to move them far away first. He almost caught up to them but was bombarded down. Even if he would have caught the armored cars, the six of them together with four tank destroyers would have made quick work of anything left.
      Are spies really that effective in damaging buildings?
      Kind regards,
      Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!