Solo victories

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solo victories

Since I've had the luxury and pleasure of playing again this last month, I've begun to notice a lot of negativity towards solo winners. It seems to focus on being used or betrayed. Well, even if true, all is fair in love and war, n'est pas? Is this war game going woke? I've played 42 games, even though my record states 47. Five games I chose not to join included me anyway. I've won 6 coalition games and 21 solo victories. My solo victories were all honorable except one. As leader of a coalition my two subordinates would not listen to a thing I said and jeopardized our position so I backstabbed and destroyed them to teach them a lesson. Then the last member of our enemy coalition and I went at it and i achieved a solo victory. When one person in a 3 player coalition has done all the work, they are allowed a solo victory. A few times I've won solo victories because everybody quits!!! There may be evil generals out there, but this is WAR!!! So suck it up buttercup!
    • had same problem. There is a lot of kids or low effort players playing this game, and they don't believe someone can put enough effort, patience and time to win games solo. They always think it's because of them choosing the easy way of backstabbing and scheming or gold spending, especially that some of the people that got great solo record do, which just enforces their beliefs.
      just deal with it.
    • I basically agree gentlemen. I've only won about a third of my solos by direct combat against other players that could have gone either way. Another third was by attrition, and the last third by many different ways. And some of those 'different ways' sucked. But constant solo victories in the 1939 historic world game, especially with minor countries, should show who knows how to play this game well, and with honor.
    • Agreed Simon,
      I do dislike people who say one thing and then do another, there is a special place as they say....
      Now tricking or misleading - without breaking your word.... thats the chips, it is a war game.

Coalition games - yep I just kicked someone for the first time. It is annoying to have someone ask 3 times to join and then just stop.

As for solo games overall - Im in my first Dominion game now - I messaged 3 neighbors and 2 agreed to work together.
      1 has gone AFK - or is low activity - the 3d is really working at it, seems very new and not as well versed on some things but is trying hard.
      I have been basically blowing holes for him and sending supplies. My play is to get him at least 4 of the Secondary bases - We (he) has 1 and will have the second today likely ( Game day 7 or 8 ) then Im abandoning all my producing places and making a pure suicide run at the last two and the Main center base.

The kid seems to be enjoying it - is learning fast and is appreciative.
      I will loose the game - BUT make a friend in the game and help a kid, that is a better win in my book.

Anyway - Glad you had time to get back! ENJOY!
      Regards
      275RGR
    • simon wrote:

I basically agree gentlemen. I've only won about a But constant solo victories in the 1939 historic world game, especially with minor countries, should show who knows how to play this game well, and with honor.
      Even with minors historical can still be a cake wake. majority of the time most will go inactive or are just super bad. 100 player tho that is where the men and boys are separated
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • In the interest of providing a slightly different perspective, I will say that Coalition Victories are my preferred outcome. I have played in less than 40 games (record shows more, but you have to join a game to find out you don't want to be in it and never even start). I have 22 coalition Victories and just one solo. It was the result of no one in the game willing to work together.

I find that, as much as what you all say is true of the general level of non-committment, you can almost always find someone else in the game willing to partner up. To me, htat is more satisfying than going it alone.

I don't hold any grudge against solo winners. The biggest problem in this game is players lacking any committment.
      OysterT
    • simon wrote:

Yeah you are right Oyster. The lack of commitment by players whho start wth the most powerful countries, ruins so many games. I have an easy solution to that problem but would have to be hired by Bytro or start my own company.
      Go here: bytro.com/career-2/open-positions/ Who knows, maybe you will be the next bytro staff member.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!