Best countries to start with?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Baconator wrote:

Great Brittain is probably a nice country. Pretty small, you can get some free capitals and you can decide who you want to be your ally and who to attack, since you're isolated.
      Hard to manage though, really spread out. Not that many cores (still a lot but). Its just too hard to control fully.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• In HWW, Tibet has good resources and also wont really be a target for big nations, except india. If they can halt india and build up, they become very powerful. If you say UK, what on earth is wrong with you. You need to manage everything, and add to that, you will get absolutely hated by AI. Clash of nations most are similar, but I think Ukraine's proximity to a lot of ai helps
      YeeHaw
    • China and Japan in HWW are great if Pan-Asian is your doctrine, particularly Japan given the navy it starts off with (but a huge number of players seem to be aware of this, to the point where you have to jump into a game pretty much the minute it goes up if you want to play as it). UK is also pretty good in HWW, if you can manage the logistics, and it's my favourite so far in Clash of Nations (where it doesn't have huge colonies to supervise). I like playing as island nations as they're easier to defend.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

I like playing as island nations as they're easier to defend.
      That's only true in the short run. In the long run, you can conquer your neighbors and create safety that way when your landlocked, but as an island you'll always be vulnerable to invasion.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

That's only true in the short run. In the long run, you can conquer your neighbors and create safety that way when your landlocked, but as an island you'll always be vulnerable to invasion.
      I don't know; I find the detachment of islands quite useful. If my continental colonies are attacked, and I lose them all, I'm back to square one but nobody can touch me without going overseas, and I generally take steps to make my ocean territories a nuisance for enemies to travel through. As a continental power, opposing forces can push through my colonies and attack my core provinces in a single operation.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

I don't know; I find the detachment of islands quite useful. If my continental colonies are attacked, and I lose them all, I'm back to square one but nobody can touch me without going overseas, and I generally take steps to make my ocean territories a nuisance for enemies to travel through. As a continental power, opposing forces can push through my colonies and attack my core provinces in a single operation.
      I think we are thinking along the same lines...
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

It would appear so. Except you seem to prefer Allied doctrine to Pan-Asian.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

It would appear so. Except you seem to prefer Allied doctrine to Pan-Asian.
      They're both good. However, since Japan is usually one of the first countries to be chosen in World at War, I usually wind up with New Zealand.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

They're both good. However, since Japan is usually one of the first countries to be chosen in World at War, I usually wind up with New Zealand.
      I ended up with Japan once by refreshing the 'New Games' page for half an hour until an empty HWW showed up.

Definitely worth it, though.

Allied is a decent doctrine, but long wait times annoy me, particularly when my fighting style depends on churning out the largest army I possibly can.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

I ended up with Japan once by refreshing the 'New Games' page for half an hour until an empty HWW showed up.
      Definitely worth it, though.

Allied is a decent doctrine, but long wait times annoy me, particularly when my fighting style depends on churning out the largest army I possibly can.
      Bruh... with Allied doctrine you get 30% reduction in production and upgrade times.

I can make an Allied Level 4 Interceptor in under 4 hours. (With a max level air base)
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Bruh... with Allied doctrine you get 30% reduction in production and upgrade times.
      I can make an Allied Level 4 Interceptor in under 4 hours. (With a max level air base)
      You're quite correct. I had this confused with the decreased unit speed, and I apologise for my egregious ignorance.
      Although waiting for ages for units to get somewhere annoys me equally, so my point stands (if not so securely).
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Germany(the third reich)in HWW.
      The country have the mightest troop in central Europe, which allows u to take Poland in 5 hours, France in the next 8 hours. Which really means u can conquer the most land in Europe in half a day.
      Germany has the best research progress in HWW game mode, so u can start in a better place, but when ruling the country, should be careful to be attack in all sides. which means u must have at least 1-2 allies.
      In my games, I am only active when playing as The Deustches Reich (The German Empire)(or sometimes italy and spain).
      I have never lost when playing the country, no matter in HWW or Blitzkrieg.
      So I strongly suggest Germany.

And btw, its hard to get the chance to play as the country in HWW. The Next choice is Spain or Italy. The first have quite a few troops and many good industries.Spain should focus on southern France, and Northern Africa( France). But Spain must ally up with Germany, cuz it can easily eat u becuz of its strong force. Italy empire is actually not very strong, which is challenging and fun. Though the Italian Navy have quite a few battleships of lv.2, but in destroyers and submarines, its very weak(espeacially against France and Britain.) Italy should aim at the whole Africa and the Balkans.
      My suggestion is first take British Eygpt, and go take France-northern Africa. Company with Germany in Europe, and attack British land in Africa, (better not company with South Africa, it may grow too big and become a threat.)

I can't give u a full plan of the game, cuz u need to take new actions since new problems broke out( just as Moltke said.)
      But I can give you one for the first 5-18days. Good luck.