Best countries to start with?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lady Aragosta wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Bruh... with Allied doctrine you get 30% reduction in production and upgrade times.
      I can make an Allied Level 4 Interceptor in under 4 hours. (With a max level air base)
      You're quite correct. I had this confused with the decreased unit speed, and I apologise for my egregious ignorance.Although waiting for ages for units to get somewhere annoys me equally, so my point stands (if not so securely).
      From my perspective, the -10% unit speed affects planes the biggest. At some levels, Pan-Asian Tactical and Naval bombers are equal speed as the Allied interceptor of the same level. And you can't build infrastructure in the sky.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • I specifically hate the debuff at sea. There are all kinds of terrain and ownership bonuses and penalties on land, so speed varies wildly anyway; but at sea it is only about unit type, and it means you can never run away from the same ship type.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

Oh wow, what a great explanation, also HOW IS INDIA THE BEST COUNTRY!? Take any map, any map.....

Well patriotism doesn't always work.
      I personally prefer China. India in WaW is very limited because pan Asian can destroy it.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Oh wow, what a great explanation, also HOW IS INDIA THE BEST COUNTRY!? Take any map, any map.....
      Well patriotism doesn't always work.
      I personally prefer China. India in WaW is very limited because pan Asian can destroy it.
      pan asia in general is good, and i feel stupid because i only discovered that recently
      “ To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.”

For support ticket click here

forum rank list(the better one)

join my discord server>discord.gg/nbydn7sEaS

:00010166:
    • In Europe - Clash of Nations (22 player map), I like to play as Caucasus. Northern border protected by Cossack Republic (bot), eastern border protected by map border, and western border is semi-protected by the Black Sea. Core provinces are relatively easy to defend: Put one division in Rostov to keep an eye on Ukraine and guard the border adjacent to Turkey. You can choose to attack Cossack or Turkey.

Other good countries in the same map are the African countries, like Algeria and Libya. I love countries that are (partially) protected by the map border. I mean...you can pick Germany, since there are tons of bots for you to invade. The downside is potentially fighting multiple players at the same time. Very surrounded.
      "An army is a team. Lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton
    • I usually play as Canada or Egypt in CoN 22, natural borders(Water for Canada and AI/Water for Egypt) and very few other players around that don't have other problems to worry about(North US will worry more about South US because no one ever plays Canada), in my opinion, Libya and Algeria are not good countries because unless you make one of your surrounding countries your ally, you will most likely be attacked by 2 nations very early, which will always happen to at least one African country.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • You just have to be the one doing the attacking :)

There's always a tradeoff. Starting from a corner might seem like it's easier to defend, but it's harder to expand and makes morale management harder later in the game. I think new players overemphasize Day 1 safety and don't think about mid/late game considerations.

For WaW some countries are clearly better than others, based on layout, resources, province quantity, etc. Hard to make a blanket statement about which one is best, may depend on preferred doctrine, preferred build, etc.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

You just have to be the one doing the attacking :)

There's always a tradeoff. Starting from a corner might seem like it's easier to defend, but it's harder to expand and makes morale management harder later in the game. I think new players overemphasize Day 1 safety and don't think about mid/late game considerations.

For WaW some countries are clearly better than others, based on layout, resources, province quantity, etc. Hard to make a blanket statement about which one is best, may depend on preferred doctrine, preferred build, etc.
      Which is why i choose Egypt, AI and the Medd. Sea Protects my borders so i can focus fully on Libya, and if you play right you will win, cause Libya may choose to attack Algeria instead, giving you the win, but if African countries are in a coalition and you're not in it, might as well resign cause you are not gonna beat 3 countries without a lot of gold.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I disagree that beating a coalition requires gold, but agree that it's often easier to beat a coalition if you can attack them one at a time rather than being surrounded.

I haven't played a 22 in a long time but I recall them being mostly noobs and inactives, so I don't think there's much to fear from coalitions or from being sandwiched. Probably different if you're playing AvAs.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

I disagree that beating a coalition requires gold, but agree that it's often easier to beat a coalition if you can attack them one at a time rather than being surrounded.

I haven't played a 22 in a long time but I recall them being mostly noobs and inactives, so I don't think there's much to fear from coalitions or from being sandwiched. Probably different if you're playing AvAs.
      I join them for major updates or for a refresher round after taking a few months break, usually the players are above lvl 30 and sometimes there are lvl 70-100 people, more often than not.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

I usually play as Canada or Egypt in CoN 22, natural borders(Water for Canada and AI/Water for Egypt) and very few other players around that don't have other problems to worry about(North US will worry more about South US because no one ever plays Canada), in my opinion, Libya and Algeria are not good countries because unless you make one of your surrounding countries your ally, you will most likely be attacked by 2 nations very early, which will always happen to at least one African country.
      You have a point. I've played as Libyan before. Was attacking Algeria when Egypt decides to screw me up from the east. I handled the situation nicely, but that's only because (the player who plays as) Egypt was inexperienced.

If you play as Algeria or Libya, it's taking a risk of getting sandwiched in a two front war. Hm...maybe Morocco or Egypt is better. The only downside of Egypt is that water canal (is it north of the Red Sea) separating the country, though you shouldn't need to cross it too often.
      "An army is a team. Lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton
    • Per5eu5 wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

I usually play as Canada or Egypt in CoN 22, natural borders(Water for Canada and AI/Water for Egypt) and very few other players around that don't have other problems to worry about(North US will worry more about South US because no one ever plays Canada), in my opinion, Libya and Algeria are not good countries because unless you make one of your surrounding countries your ally, you will most likely be attacked by 2 nations very early, which will always happen to at least one African country.
      You have a point. I've played as Libyan before. Was attacking Algeria when Egypt decides to screw me up from the east. I handled the situation nicely, but that's only because (the player who plays as) Egypt was inexperienced.
      If you play as Algeria or Libya, it's taking a risk of getting sandwiched in a two front war. Hm...maybe Morocco or Egypt is better. The only downside of Egypt is that water canal (is it north of the Red Sea) separating the country, though you shouldn't need to cross it too often.
      Yep, but even if Libya does choose to attack Egypt first, Egypt has a slight advantage with the plains on the borders, so if they already had their AC's there, anything trying to attack would be decimiated.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

Which is why i choose Egypt, AI and the Medd. Sea Protects my borders so i can focus fully on Libya, and if you play right you will win, cause Libya may choose to attack Algeria instead, giving you the win, but if African countries are in a coalition and you're not in it, might as well resign cause you are not gonna beat 3 countries without a lot of gold.
      I prefer Libya over Egypt for two reasons: One, with Egypt you have to worry about embarking/disembarking times when crossing the Suez Canal, which is always a pain and can delay needed reinforcements in the event of an emergency. Two, the only human country Egypt borders is Libya, which is usually chosen by active/skilled players. With Libya, you get two neighboring countries, Algeria and Egypt, so double the chance hat at least one of them goes inactive. It’s very rare that both Algeria and Egypt would be active/skilled players. I always prefer attacking (inactive) player countries over bots, because 1) the give you more cities and resources, and 2) it doesn’t lower your popularity as much (which becomes more important as the game progresses).

Also with Libya, you have a better chance to take over all of Africa, and you can do it faster than Egypt could.

Furthermore, Libya has the Axis doctrine, perfect for day 1/2 attacks, making it easy(er) to take out Egypt or Algeria than it would be for Egypt or Algeria to take out Libya.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • and (3) because they stand completely still and don't come after you when you start shelling them)))
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

I prefer Libya over Egypt for two reasons: One, with Egypt you have to worry about embarking/disembarking times when crossing the Suez Canal, which is always a pain and can delay needed reinforcements in the event of an emergency. Two, the only human country Egypt borders is Libya, which is usually chosen by active/skilled players. With Libya, you get two neighboring countries, Algeria and Egypt, so double the chance hat at least one of them goes inactive. It’s very rare that both Algeria and Egypt would be active/skilled players. I always prefer attacking (inactive) player countries over bots, because 1) the give you more cities and resources, and 2) it doesn’t lower your popularity as much (which becomes more important as the game progresses).
      Also with Libya, you have a better chance to take over all of Africa, and you can do it faster than Egypt could.

Furthermore, Libya has the Axis doctrine, perfect for day 1/2 attacks, making it easy(er) to take out Egypt or Algeria than it would be for Egypt or Algeria to take out Libya.
      Never have i ever seen a skilled player play Libya, and the Suez Canal is not problem if you actually know what you are doing, i have never lost a game i have stayed active in as Egypt, which would be 3 games, but that's besides the point, until i have living proof that Libya is better, in my opinion, Egypt will always be better, and i have always taken out Libya by day 2 in those games, cause i use the 100% good and reliable tactic: Light Tank Spam, even better against Axis who try to make alot of Attack bombers, cause you start with AA and Inf which will chew the Planes up, and with the Light Tank buff its an even more solid tactic, and Axis cant afford to lose those troops early, so either they throw the game by counter-attacking, or they retreat and make a decent comeback later(Doesn't matter cause i win anyway) But all in all, i think it depends on your play style, i just do better with Allied than any other doctrine.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.